Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Ramuh instead of Diaga because Reflect?
    I was just in SMN mindset. Diaga would probably work well.

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Reflect isn't an issue.
    People be scared of reflect yo

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Tweaked my retaliate team and went 1/1 master this morning. I'm so pissed I didn't just do that shit to begin with; would've saved me HOURS of frustration. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    Tweaked my retaliate team and went 1/1 master this morning. I'm so pissed I didn't just do that shit to begin with; would've saved me HOURS of frustration. lol
    Yeah, given the game's ability limitations and RNG bullshit, the "moral high ground" against retaliate can go fuck itself.

Took me maybe a half dozen tries, myself, just because sometimes she got Holy happy or used Shock.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Please share. My strat doesn't seem to work

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Took a few resets but mastered, that final 30% is brutal. Didn't use Sap but my own damage wasn't an issue with Steiner, Amarant and Light all hitting for some nice numbers.

Setup was:
    -Fran: Power Breakdown (R3); Full Break (R2) * Whip Kick
    -Steiner: Banishing Strike (R2); Armor Strike (R4)* base SB
    -Amarant: Punishing Palm (R2); Launch (R4)* Aura
    -Vanille: Curaja (R5); Memento of Prayer (R4)* Oerba's Boon
    -Lightning: Drain Strike (R5); Lifesiphon (R3)* Blaze Rush; Crushing Blow.
    RW: Sentinel's Grimoire.
    Memento was kinda useless, Vanille was too busy with Curajas and I only used it once at the very beginning. Amarant took care of Sap at 50% and right after the second Climhazzard.
    Steiner was dealing like 7500 damage with Armor Strike after buffs were applied, Amarant around 8k with Launch after Punishing Palm. Light was simply spamming Lifesiphon for 5k damage and healing up to help Vanille, around 20-30k damage with Crushing Blow.
    Had to delay Sentinel's Grimoire a little bit, used it alongside Oerba's Boon right after Climhazzards. The last 30% is pretty much pure luck, there's really no way to keep up with all that damage so better save those SBs and kill her fast.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Mastered, took two attempts and a lot of S/L to get pattern down. Timing and mitigation is everything with this Ultimate.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

This dumb bitch will not stop using Shock...

God Damnit.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

PBD and Protect.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    PBD and Protect.
    Retaliate.

Finally got it done. Thank god.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Finally cleared with a full reta party. Don't think I'll bother with mastery. Praying for only 1 shock/holy is more RNG than I can handle

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    Please share. My strat doesn't seem to work
    Cheap, but still weak to randomness Advance+Retaliate:

Cloud: Double Cut, Retaliate [Zeal]
    Sephiroth: Double Cut, Retaliate [Untapped Power]
    Gilgamesh: Armor Strike, Retaliate [Double Hit]
    Auron: Double Cut, Retaliate [Thief's Code]
    Tyro: Banishing Strike, Retaliate [Winning Spirit]

I have poor weapon IX synergy (one 5* dagger, Zorlin Shape) which I put on Sephiroth along with Untapped Power (Attack increases as HP decreases, ATK+55% max) since they were all going to be sitting at 1HP from Climhazzard anyway. A sword with Pride of the Red Wings (sword damage x1.2) might be better, but I don't have a 5* IX sword to use. Hastes throw off the timing a little bit but help eke out damage. Retaliates don't have to be every other round, and early on I had to push it to every third on occasion because my Advance damage still wasn't maxed out (~8k a hit).

General Advance+Retaliate strategy, with everyone attacking your best DD:

Round 1: Retaliates
    Round 2: Advance, Armor Strike and Banishing Strike for the target score, Double Cuts directly on Beatrix unless the start timing lets Advance go off first
    Round 3: Retaliates
    Round 4: Double Cut/Attack on Advanced DD (First Climhazzard usually follows)
    Round 5: Retaliates
    Round 6: Advance again (this is about the 75% HP point, so the buff should last until the end), Double Cut/Attack
    ...repeat cycle until dead.

It's not perfect and there's some luck involved as Beatrix can and will Shock for 9999; Holy is just as bad when you're sitting at 1HP. You can lose at least 1 party member without taking a medal hit (I was lucky and lost Tyro and still had 3 medals), and "No KOs" is not a 3-medal victory condition in this fight. If you can get the timing to put Retaliate up during Climhazzard, you'll be fine for the follow-up Seiken Stock Break.

Edit: Oops, you beat it while I was typing! I said the same thing last night, but tried it again after figuring that the 60 stamina was worth the 5 major orbs and it wasn't that bad.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Holy shit. I knew this one was going to be annoying, but I didn't realize how annoying. I had so many stupid things happen to me, then did stupid things because I was doing this fight for too long and stopped paying attention. At one point I was stalling to get Lenna's SB gauge up for 2nd Climhazzard and the fucking dicknose sphincter biscuit decides to Holy herself to force a Climhazzard. Between that and the Stock Breaks following 2nd Clim she was ass.

This was my PT setup. Adamant Vest++ (or +? 5*) on Steiner. With LH, FB, and ABD he was doing ~8000. With SS2 up as well he was hitting 9999. Not sure if it would have been different if I used something else, but whatever.

General actions were:
    Steiner start with Banishing Strike then alternate Armor Strike and Banishing Strike. I also used Steiner to hit SS2 RW just before first Clim to save an extra Armor Strike. Red hit LH first then did my usual FB > 2x ABD. Lenna did Memento first then regular attacks until first Clim to build SB gauge. Just before first Clim I'd hit Princess' Favor to land after first Clim. Zidane did Power Steal first turn and then every 4th turn. Rinoa nuked until her Stock Break/Reflect thing around 50%.

Usually I had to pause around 50% with the damage to build Lenna's SB more and to make sure to get Memento up again after Stock Break. My largest problem was the attack immediately following the second Clim. Once I survived the second Stock Break and got Memento up I got the win.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teorem View Post
    Cheap, but still weak to randomness Advance+Retaliate:

Cloud: Double Cut, Retaliate [Zeal]
    Sephiroth: Double Cut, Retaliate [Untapped Power]
    Gilgamesh: Armor Strike, Retaliate [Double Hit]
    Auron: Double Cut, Retaliate [Thief's Code]
    Tyro: Banishing Strike, Retaliate [Winning Spirit]

I have poor weapon IX synergy (one 5* dagger, Zorlin Shape) which I put on Sephiroth along with Untapped Power (Attack increases as HP decreases, ATK+55% max) since they were all going to be sitting at 1HP from Climhazzard anyway. A sword with Pride of the Red Wings (sword damage x1.2) might be better, but I don't have a 5* IX sword to use. Hastes throw off the timing a little bit but help eke out damage. Retaliates don't have to be every other round, and early on I had to push it to every third on occasion because my Advance damage still wasn't maxed out (~8k a hit).

General Advance+Retaliate strategy, with everyone attacking your best DD:

Round 1: Retaliates
    Round 2: Advance, Armor Strike and Banishing Strike for the target score, Double Cuts directly on Beatrix unless the start timing lets Advance go off first
    Round 3: Retaliates
    Round 4: Double Cut/Attack on Advanced DD (First Climhazzard usually follows)
    Round 5: Retaliates
    Round 6: Advance again (this is about the 75% HP point, so the buff should last until the end), Double Cut/Attack
    ...repeat cycle until dead.

It's not perfect and there's some luck involved as Beatrix can and will Shock for 9999; Holy is just as bad when you're sitting at 1HP. You can lose at least 1 party member without taking a medal hit (I was lucky and lost Tyro and still had 3 medals), and "No KOs" is not a 3-medal victory condition in this fight. If you can get the timing to put Retaliate up during Climhazzard, you'll be fine for the follow-up Seiken Stock Break.

Edit: Oops, you beat it while I was typing! I said the same thing last night, but tried it again after figuring that the 60 stamina was worth the 5 major orbs and it wasn't that bad.
    thanks for this. I ended up running with roughly the same strat as you, except i dropped Banishing strike in favor of double cut and put the holy atk Rm on someone else. the RNG is seriously ridiculous on this because we have the whole 1 HP thing.

i think Beatrix wins the award for cheapest Ultimate boss so far

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

My vote still goes to Barth for the bs dispel.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Exdeath sucked as much as Bart dispel wise

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Exdeath sucked as much as Bart dispel wise
    Not really. Considering his counter dispel was only 1 target and his AOE one wasn't used nearly as much as Barth's AOE counter.

BG Level

They were the exact same, the reason why it didn't bug you is that you could facepalmed Exdeath with all the gear, while Bart you wen't underprepared because you were too confident

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    They were the exact same, the reason why it didn't bug you is that you could facepalmed Exdeath with all the gear, while Bart you wen't underprepared because you were too confident
    I literally just explained why they weren't the same but nice assumptions.

I have far better FF13 synergy than FF5, ass.

BG Level

My point stand, Exdeath was less anoying for you because with all the gear you have you rekt so fast he didn't had time to use many turns aka use many dispel

For normal people with normal or shit luck, he used dispel really often