+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22
    Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I believe it was shown that people who don't have ADHD using it to study didn't really benefit from it, but it's great for like esports abuse.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Adderall activates parts of your brain that make normal folks focus more easily but honestly is more effective in folks with ADHD because it enhances activity in areas that aren't working right. It's like bringing water pressure up to normal levels in plumbing. There's a ceiling that isn't exceeded but it's more easily reached when you have ADHD.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

You ever cleaned your house on Adderall? I recommend it for spring cleaning

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

So Adderall is legal cocaine?

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

BG Level

Legal meth. Less toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Legal meth. Less toxic.
    If enough of us use it we can Blitzkrieg France and Belgium like nothing!

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eAhMeswQdg

I just remembered this scene.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Adderall activates parts of your brain that make normal folks focus more easily but honestly is more effective in folks with ADHD because it enhances activity in areas that aren't working right. It's like bringing water pressure up to normal levels in plumbing. There's a ceiling that isn't exceeded but it's more easily reached when you have ADHD.
    The way it has been related to me is that it helps for tuning out distraction, but it doesn't make you better at doing those things if you already sucked at them without distraction.

So like it's good for esports because it makes you focus actively instead of playing passively (like watching your mini map, your cool downs, etc). However, it isn't helpful with studying for people who don't have ADHD because most people just suck at the actual retention or comprehension not the getting off your ass to do it portion.

Adderall is a stimulant, so for people with ADHD it's like turning on the traffic lights. Yes the stimulation makes everything go faster, but by turning on the parts of the brain that aren't active, you are doing something net good by imposing order onto the unorganized chaos.

Yeah adderall for me lets me suddenly slip into "Hey I can manage time". I tend to let things pile up and procrastinate a ton with shit time management skills. I have to set up specific routines (Like going to the gym at a time each day) and also trying to mark everything in a calendar because i'll forget very quickly. Taking a 4hr adderall dosage lets me suddenly just knock out a ton of work that was just waiting to be done, but leading up to it was getting stressed and unable to just sit down and do the tasks at hand.

BG Level

No way

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Just received info, region seems to have taken a dim view of my care team blowing me off. Referral letter is incoming.

Things really shouldn't be this difficult.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Yeah adderall for me lets me suddenly slip into "Hey I can manage time".
    God so much this. I'm not diagnosed cause I grew up poor with no insurance but I'm gonna talk with my doc cause those times I was on one was just incredible. Suddenly the day was long enough to finish what I needed to get done

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I had cataract surgery last year, and the artificial lenses basically obliterated my close range vision. I now need some sort of reading glasses to see the screen, but normal reading glasses have such short focal length that I have to shrimp the heck over to read text. I need some kind of specialized reading glasses for computers but they all seem to focus on scammy blue light filtering and not increased focal length. I need something with a 3-4 foot viewing range for best for gaming (most reading glasses are about half that range). Maybe someone here has had similar issues and knows the actual name of what I'm looking for so I can stop going in circles with search engines.

BG Level

Go to an optometrist.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag