New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Since steal power became a thing, I'm hard pressed to use Power Breakdown at all.

Yeah, sometimes I'll throw it on Sazh but the Steal Power + Tempo Flurry / Dismissal combo is so effective that I'll usually bring a THF to wreck things. Vaan and Bartz ftw.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Had to run it twice, 1st beat with no mastery because of some spam killing ppl at end, 2nd time swapped Cecil with yshtola and got it

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I just started playing. Kinda fun. Any beginner tips?

BG Level

We have a beginner thread. My advice is to farm orbs now to craft some spells, raise your stamina from dungeons, and unlock as many characters as you can. Save mythril.

BG Level

Beat Voss the first time, but need to go back and master. He pulled random triples and quads out of his ass that hit as I was waiting for final moves to fire off. Didn't feel like resetting just for a single medal but I'm going back to do it again later.

RW: LH

Key is to just keep mitigation up and dispel his buffs, while hoping he doesn't decide he's going to randomly fire out his multi hit attacks.

He's actually easier than Beatrix, to me. My setup worked great and thanks for the advice with Vaan and Lightning. It made all the difference.

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

Got everything done but ultimate wasn't that bad. +++ felt kind of tanky but didn't give any problems. Least I can get it done before terra tomorrow

Yeah, +++ didn't feel dangerous, just drawn out. AoE Regen, MBD, and FB is pretty much guaranteed invincibility once the adds are down. Only wound up with Cloud silenced once and then him and Vaan getting poisoned, so not entirely sure what the debuff scare is about.

Waiting on stamina to give Vossler a stab. Wound up egging Cecil to 80 from 67 just to give him a better HP buffer over my Tyro (lol). Most worried about the soldiers being assholes with their water ability before I get them down, but Ashe and Yuna should hopefully knock them out in a few rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Waiting on stamina to give Vossler a stab. Wound up egging Cecil to 80 from 67 just to give him a better HP buffer over my Tyro (lol). Most worried about the soldiers being assholes with their water ability before I get them down, but Ashe and Yuna should hopefully knock them out in a few rounds.
    The magic damage from the 2 soldiers isn't my problem, it's Vossler hitting for 1.5k per hit through power steal and SS2 with his double and triple hit attacks that can't be drawn to the tank for some reason. Reformulated my team to get protectga in there and hopefully that will be enough. Not sure how others dealt with that damage, or maybe I just didn't s/l enough to "get lucky".

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    The magic damage from the 2 soldiers isn't my problem, it's Vossler hitting for 1.5k per hit through power steal and SS2 with his double and triple hit attacks that can't be drawn to the tank for some reason. Reformulated my team to get protectga in there and hopefully that will be enough. Not sure how others dealt with that damage, or maybe I just didn't s/l enough to "get lucky".
    The triple hits don't get taunted to tank they go to who has highest hp. Last part you are going to have to spam cure on the tank so he is getting hit, helps if you have wall up during that phase so his aoe doesn't rape everyone else

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

That SB from Galuf is really nice for this but the random AOE attack is just hurting the rest of my team. Last time I ever follow any setup that doesn't include curaja. I get dropping it to kill faster but it just always seems worth it to bring it just incase so you aren't resetting 50 million times.

Umpteenth restart here. Some fights they just gangbang someone before mitigation gets up. Surprise there, I'm sure. Some he'll not use his HP move(s) and just keep picking on someone I'm deliberately keeping low. Lastly, I suspect that either Dispel isn't removing Haste from him the 2nd and 3rd time he Enrages or that his ATB is actually moving while his 3x-4x animation's going. Basically feeling like I can win, but RNG just needs to cooperate. Lowest I got was maybe 10%.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Done with +++ didn't brought magic breakdown so had issues with fireball

Hoping ultimate will be "better" 30min stamina wait I'm scared hold me

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

For ultimate I put Pecil in the back row with draw fire and dispel, had paramina bow for synergy and his Radiant Wings SB for damage. He invalidated vossler. Voss was hitting Pecil for 200 a swing. Easiest ultimate yet by far.

BG Level

Vossler hurts like crazy, this won'T be easy

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Starby View Post
    For ultimate I put Pecil in the back row with draw fire and dispel, had paramina bow for synergy and his Radiant Wings SB for damage. He invalidated vossler. Voss was hitting Pecil for 200 a swing. Easiest ultimate yet by far.
    Right. How'd those Quadstrikes go?

BG Level

Killed it but didn't master, lost 2 medals for actions and 2 for dmg.

I won't redo it tonight maybe friday morning or w/e but got his gloves at least

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Used this party to master:

Spoiler: show

Fairly straightforward. Dropped Diaga for Shellga because of the Reflect mechanic; though I only saw maybe 2 Water Spouts in 3 S/Ls. If I did not have Ashe's sword for RS I may have given Lenna Faith instead. Originally I had Lightning doing Dismissal on Vossler during adds to try to keep him from acting, but dropped that idea for the 3rd run and decided to just go all in on clearing adds.

As long as you keep Steal Power + FB + buffs up you should be okay until he starts throwing out Quadstrikes. Just hope he splits it or targets someone that can handle a few hits.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Right. How'd those Quadstrikes go?
    Quad strike targets the person with highest hp, I kept Cecil topped off so they all targeted him.

Thing is, after a point his normal attack goes AoE so your party members will probably need cures, which risk putting them above your tank if you're going that route. His last phase is also nuts on how much he acts, where by the time you maybe cure 1200-1500 on Cecil from Quad, he's done an AoE or two to the rest of the group, either killing someone or forcing you to ignore you tank for a round or two.

Saying this one's the easiest feels a bit disingenuous. Conceptually, sure, the tactic sounds simple, especially if you can find a Galuf RW, but as my last 4-5 hours suggest before getting my non-master win, RNG can fuck you good in those last moments. Hell, I decided to not bother wasting a turn on dispelling his last Enrage since I couldn't see it doing any good with prior fails. Not everyone's gonna have Cecil's SB or even the XIII bow, which I mercifully do.

Sleepy run-on sentences aside, I'm not going to bother retrying. I'll miss the power orbs, but have plenty of wind. Any differences I'd make in my strategy would just make the early phase of the fight easier. The end gets especially nasty since I wasn't always guaranteed to get SG up before last phase, which honestly relied on Tyro getting hit early on with Spouts, the odd AoE, or even a pre-DF hit.