+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    Hey Teo, what's your friend code? I saw a 'Teorem' with SSII a few months back, and now he has Boon. I thought that was you, but apparently not, since you don't have SSII? I'm 9UzH. I usually have Boon up, but I also have SG, HH, and recently War Dance.

As for the fight, any reason you're not using Galuf RW? The SB is tricky since you can't refresh it while still active, but luckily, you can have one person dead and still Champion. You can start your second UF on another character right before the first wears off. When Vossler kills UF1, he'll start hitting your UF2, which will save you on the KO front, and you basically won't have to heal much in the second half of the fight. This assumes you can kill him before your second UF wears.

Sazh - Armor Breakdown / [flex] (UF1)
    Vaan - Steal Power / Tempo Flurry
    Ashe - Ruinga / Waterja
    Tyro - Lifesiphon / Protectra (UF2)
    Mog - Curaja / Dispel

Some notes:
    • Start UF when you feel you can't keep up with the damage (~60-70% Vossler)
    • Use Boon + Protectra + HH at the beginning. This will keep damage way down
    • With a decent amount of AoEs, Sazh should easily get another Boon to help you burn him down late in the fight. Just make sure you use it before he goes down.
    • You won't have to heal much once your first UF goes up. Mog can concentrate on Dispel
    Yeah, that's me! My Y'shtola only has Medica II though, which is what I had my RW set as until I recently replaced it with Boon.

I wasn't using Unyielding Fist for the same reason as Planet Protector; I didn't think that the +50% attack buff was going to be enough, and was further discouraged by reading both that others were having a challenge using it and that you couldn't stack additional ATK buffs before or after Peerless. I also don't see it come up that often on my RW list, but I can probably grab a few from the subreddit page.

Thanks a lot for the advice. Are you saving Waterja for Vossler and using it while he doesn't have Reflect on? Haste, as with the setup suggested earlier, would definitely be helpful as long as it doesn't get wiped by Tri-Attack.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Vossler was so last week

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Hmm, I must've just remembered SSII incorrectly then.

And yea, I was using Waterja on Vossler. My Sazh was basically on full Dispel duty, so I was free to Waterja most of the times. The times I couldn't (Full Break / Boon refresh), I just waited or used Ruinga instead. I have Penelo's staff, so Waterja was hitting for max (I think?), which made it well worth the trouble to time Dispel. If it's not worth your trouble, you can easily shuffle some abilities around, while keeping the overall strategy.

Here's what I went with, luckily I have good synergy. I have Cecil's SSB, which I used once, and neither Vaan nor Ashe had unique SBs. I only used one UF, and Cecil died right before Vossler went down, but I probably used UF earlier than I had to. If you're really hurting for synergy, it might be tight for you even with two UFs.

Tyro was mainly defending towards the end of the fight, as I was afraid of topping off my guys with a Curaja. So you may want to consider Curaga instead.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Double-posting because I just remembered that Vaan ran out of abilities towards the end of the fight, so you most certainly would, too.

On second thought, I'm not sure SLG makes up for Tyro's terrible ATK. SLG is only 3.0x stronger than other SB alternatives, and he's probably down 40-50 ATK from Tidus or Zack. If you don't need Tyro's flexibility or the burst damage, this may be another option.

Sazh - Armor Breakdown / Dispel
    Zack - Tempo Flurry / Life Siphon (UF1)
    Ashe - Ruinga / Waterja
    Tidus - [Mental Break / Boost] / Power Break (UF2)
    Mog - Curaja / Protectra

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    Double-posting because I just remembered that Vaan ran out of abilities towards the end of the fight, so you most certainly would, too.

On second thought, I'm not sure SLG makes up for Tyro's terrible ATK. SLG is only 3.0x stronger than other SB alternatives, and he's probably down 40-50 ATK from Tidus or Zack. If you don't need Tyro's flexibility or the burst damage, this may be another option.

Sazh - Armor Breakdown / Dispel
    Zack - Tempo Flurry / Life Siphon (UF1)
    Ashe - Ruinga / Waterja
    Tidus - [Mental Break / Boost] / Power Break (UF2)
    Mog - Curaja / Protectra
    I just Championed it with your earlier setup (my boss will be pleased to know I will be getting back to work):

Sazh - Armor Breakdown, Full Break R1 [Dr. Mog's Teachings]
    Vaan - Steal Power R2, Tempo Flurry [Pride of the Red Wings]
    Ashe - Ruinga R4, Waterja R3 [Devotion]
    Tyro - Lifesiphon R4, Protectga R2 [Ace Striker]
    Mog - Curaja R4, Dispel R3 [Mako Might]

It went largely as you suggested it would. Heroic Harmony was useful to ditch reliance on Shellga/Annulment. I had to reload a couple of times because Vossler is a bitch and started to spam single-target and AoE attacks after I used Unyielding Fist and took out everyone else. Vaan was hitting for 3.5k after Steal Power, but he did run out of abilities right before Vossler KO'd him anyway. Unbuffed Stormlance was only reaching 3.5k a hit with Armor Breakdown and Full Break. Tyro does have terrible ATK, but I was "lucky" enough to have a XII-synergy Sledgehammer+ from all relic draws I wasn't getting useful 5*s on, which gave him another 50 ATK on top of his Stormlance Grimoire.

Unyielding Fist lasted much, much longer than I thought it would at Speed 1. Sazh was still tanking by the time by the time I'd set up Tyro to take over and spam the last two Stormlances I had ready to use, so I could have used the second UF earlier for better damage and a faster fight.

Thanks a lot!

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Goddamn; another day wasted trying to master this shit and I still can't get it. The only "good" SBs I have are Yuna/Reina heal/heavy regen and Tyro SG. I'm at a loss; I've been trying to run with an Unyielding Fist group but I either run out of steam or can't keep up with mitigation while building SBs to not run out of steam(if that makes sense).

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

What's your setup?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Teorem View Post
    I just Championed it...
    Sweet, glad you'll be getting back to work on Friday.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    What's your setup?
    Spoiler: show

Spoiler'd for huge. Sephiroth hits for like 4.5k per swing and Vaan does ~2k. If I go balls to the wall I run out of steam at like 10-15% or get fucked when Unyielding Fist wears off. If I try to stall the fight and build SB, I get in an uphill battle with keeping up with cures or keeping mitigation up. Tyro has SG, Lenna has heal/regen SB, Sephiroth has his Blindga AOE and everything is max honed except Full Break at 4 charges, Power Breakdown at 6, and Ruinga at 8.

I think one of my issues is that I've been really slow on killing the guards to save abilities for Vossler but it just kills my SG time and gives more chances to get ganked by shit like water spout when SG drops.

tl;dr Balls to the walls and pray not to get ganked or slow and steady and get ganked with mitigation drops? :/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I killed the guards slowly only putting up protect/haste and ss (I have both naturally) no other SBs. With all 3 of them hitting me, I used Hymn (RW) while working on the second guard. Second guard goes down just as it's time to reapply SS/Protect/haste. Now for patience. I worked on Voss very slowly (again no SBs) and got him close to 60, and just normal attacked until protect and SS came back. Then balls to the wall, yeah I have cloud/squall/Rinoa SSB so that helped, but I'm not near as honed as you. Only 4 dispell and I had that on my WHM (dumb move) 2 Full Breaks most people were out of abilitys at this point. But using no SBs (except mitigation) allowed the DD's to SB like 3 times in a row, with that emergency hymn still there and whm casting dispell every turn until they ran out. I'm really surprised I never lost a actions metal doing this, but the 2 wins it was fine, just the first one I had dead people.

I'm certainly not an expert, only brought this up because killing things slowly seemed to be key for me.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I swapped out Tyro's Dismissal for Lifesiphon to help boost my SG charges and while it's helped, I still find myself getting shit on when Unyielding Fist drops(I don't put it up until after he does his first enrage) and Vossler drops 9k damage on Sephiroth and kills a 2nd person before I can recast it. I almost feel like I should open with Unyielding Fist to help me kill the guards so that way when I need to recast it Vossler will be at like half health.

EDIT: As always, complaining online is usually my ticket to getting past something in FFRK. I ended up burning some abilities and getting him to about half then popping Unyielding Fist on both Vaan and Sephiroth and unloading.

Popping UF before the second Enrage seems kinda wasteful to me. It's when he starts 3x and 4x hits that shit gets ugly.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    Goddamn; another day wasted trying to master this shit and I still can't get it. The only "good" SBs I have are Yuna/Reina heal/heavy regen and Tyro SG. I'm at a loss; I've been trying to run with an Unyielding Fist group but I either run out of steam or can't keep up with mitigation while building SBs to not run out of steam(if that makes sense).
    Did you already use up your Beginner's Choice draw? That's where I picked up the Stormlance Grimoire because I just wasn't getting any luck with SSBs (or good multi-hit SBs, for that matter). There was some debate earlier about which had the best potential, between Stormlance and Tyrfing (with a Luneth using multi-hit/Barrage, IIRC).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6