+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

High on my "to do" list, if nothing else - for the lovely artwork <3 And I heard from folks playing it that it's highly frustrating AND addictive; Latter being the main reason I didn't dare starting it yet

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    I gave it a shot two nights ago and my party of scrubs ended up encountering... The Collector? Giant spooky ghost skeleton that summoned heads every time I killed one. Ended up running away with no deaths, but so much stress.

In other news, apparently exiting a dungeon partially completed DOES advance the week counter, so my tank's in better shape and I got 3 new bodies at the wagon: Two more arbalests and a plague doctor. Tanks plz.

Right now I've got 12 people in camp but only 5 classes:

Knight and Thief bro from the opening, then just a gaggle of plague doctors, arbalests and occultists.
    Good strats for collector, as you'll want to kill him every now and then for either cash or the 3 heads he can drop:

1) Stun the bastard if you attack before him first round. A stunned collector doesn't summon that round and you can wail on him.
    2) Prioritize killing the Highwaymen; they have a high crit chance and are the only heads that deal direct damage.
    3) Leave the Vestial alive once at low health: you can out-damage her heals with a decent setup and you'd rather have her wasting turns buffing than having another highwayman raping your team.
    4) Leave the Man-at-arms alive once at low health: you can stun his "cover" to disable the actual cover aspect of it, and if you're lucky, he'll cover the vestial next turn allowing you to murder the collector.
    5) Kill order should be Collector (alone) >> Highwayman >> Collector (with minions) >> Vestial/Man-at-arms

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I have this and love it, I just want some goddamned controller support so I can play it on my couch. I know it's going to be on PS4 eventually, I just hope they bring the controller config to PC.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    I have this and love it, I just want some goddamned controller support so I can play it on my couch. I know it's going to be on PS4 eventually, I just hope they bring the controller config to PC.
    There are ways to use your PS3/4 controllers, without official in-game support. ScpToolkit + JoytoKey let you play just about any game, once you have things mapped. I don't personally use it for this game, but I have used it for many other.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    There are ways to use your PS3/4 controllers, without official in-game support. ScpToolkit + JoytoKey let you play just about any game, once you have things mapped. I don't personally use it for this game, but I have used it for many other.
    I don't have experience with ScpToolkit, but JoyToKey is amazing!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    I don't have experience with ScpToolkit, but JoyToKey is amazing!
    SCpToolkit is if you want to use a PS3/4 controller on your PC; it actually uses the XBOX controller drivers and makes modifications for the PS3/4 controllers. If you want to use an Xbox controller, you just need the drivers and JoytoKey, but there are other options.

*edit*

Just had a run fail from five heart attacks, in a row, in one round, on three characters, only one of which was at deaths door. Shouldn't be possible to happen, according to what I've read, but there you go. Thanks Obama.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

This game is "Thanks Obama: The PC Edition". I failed a brigand pounder run about a week ago on a 90% accuracy shot on a torchman who had 10 health. My arbalest hit range was from 9-24, and of course she hit the 9, and of course he lit the cannon, and of COURSE the cannon put 3/4 of us in death's door from near full-health.

What I respect about the situation though is that I fucked up in the preparation. I forgot to assign my Bounty Hunter his stun move, which would have saved the situation. I had reminded myself to do it up until I camped in the square before the boss fight, so fuck me.

You damned well better believe that I made sure every I was dotted and T crossed when I did my eventual rematch and won with few issues. This game may have punishing RNG, but there is -always- something you could have done better to ensure a smoother run.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

So i bought this game after reading your posts.......Damn you all! Now i'm addicted and frustrated and cursing because most everyone has Flagellation and keep having heart attacks! Had 3/4 guys during the prince of pigs all die and left the last guy to bleed to death. This game seriously punishes small mistakes and missteps. Love it.

Sigh, i'm going to see if there is a mod that provides nitrates for these bastards. /em continues rant while playing game.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Been studying videos, and each team unit needs to be able to hit the back 3-4 line, a healer, and 1-2 that can hit the front line; one is a tank, and at least two stuns somewhere between them all. Stack +Damage -Dodge trinkets on the Frontliner (preferably can hit rows 1-3), and your second line, who should also reliably be able to do the same. The goal is to kill the back rown in < 2 turns to keep that stress damage out and then either kill the rest fast or stun stall for extra healing.

The problem is getting that, at the beginning of the game.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

For Hoggmeiser (seriously, he's a fat, mutated Hoggmeiser from Disgaea), the key is to leave Wilbur the fuck alone until Big Hoggy is down, and have an Arbalest with flare on standby. Flare removes marks from your champs and gives resistance to debuffs (including marks), so as long as your Arby attacks before the big man, you can remove the mark and negate the large majority of damage the fat man can dish out. On higher difficulties, Wilbur starts squealing mid-combat, which can/will stun your team: this is okay, because Flare removes stun as well, and you could even run a set-up with 2 Arbalests with flare to reduce the chance that your main Arby doesn't get stunned and can't remove the marks.

You could easily do a build like Arby, Arby, Vestil (can still heal somewhat in the front 2 rows) Damager/Tank, or even forgo a healer and pile on the damage up front, or run a Man-at-Arms and buff everyone's dodge/speed while beating the hell out of the big guy.

Every boss in the game has a theme that must be addressed in order to not have everyone die. If you ever get into a situation where a boss is dealing massive damage or regening too much for you to deal with, just retreat and re-asses what went on. Don't wipe. No matter what, don't wipe and lose all those trinkets.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Hmmm, any tips on the best/cheapest way to get rid of negative quirks? I wasnt joking when i said nearly every character had flagellation for stress relief.

Seriously though, i have to plan when to play this game outside of work. If i want to go to the gym then i have to do that before i get involved with trying to survive the dungeon crawls. Feels similar to the old Diablo II, can you imagine if we could do a type of multi player scenerio with this game? Would be intense and friendships would be lost.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

You'd only want to get rid of them on characters you want to keep; ones that have really good positive quirks, or whom you've leveled 3-4 and want to keep that core party member. You'd also want to do it before they get locked in (red skull next to it). Plauge/disease/stress can be handled just by camping, and if you're really tight on people, just go into a Med/Long quest, immediately camp, then retreat. As long as you're not in New Game+, there's no time limit to worry about.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yea, looks like a few will have to go. Thanks for the tips!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

When in doubt, dump em and recruit new ones. Getting attached to too many will just drain your bank account.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Getting better at this game on my third restart, to measure how I'm improving. My stress management is much better, with worse parties/traits, but I lack deeds, so I only have 12 size roster. Next mission will net me more, so hopefully I'll be at 15 and can hold a couple of classes I'm missing, while I try and salvage my starting Crusader, before too much gets locked in; just need 2-3 rounds and a good money run, to keep ahead of his cost.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Lost all 4 of my Lv5s to my first Champion difficulty quest. Would suggest having at least maxed weapons since accuracy is a big deal at that level of difficulty.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

So here's the thing: there is basically absolutely 0 reason to restart. The available missions scale based on the average level of your avaliable players, so even if you had 25 rank 6's and fired them all, when you hired new grunts you'd have nothing but level 1 quests to go on to match your level 0 players. You would, however, have access to all your trinks and upgrades.

Bottom line? Don't "restart". Just fire everyone, keep your trinkets, and hire new grunts. This is why you prioritize upgrading the stage coach first, even before blacksmith.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'm not using restarts to gain a tactical advantage; I'm using it to see how much better I've become at the game. If I just kept playing it, sure, I'd get better, but there's more variables that could be influencing my wins; a restart narrows it to just you're characters and your choices, and I'm noticing marked improvement, having to use different parties, each time. My stress is down, my roster is more suited to my play style, I'm working on making those units better, and targeting trinkets that I think look good, vs just trying to make money in sacrificing units to dark runs. It makes my time that much more enjoyable, and I'm likely to stick with this run now, because of it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I can see the value in that. I still remember my first run, having Dismas killed before I even got to town, hahah. This game is so brutal, but its fair in a cold sense. Things are as they are, and that's it and that's all. You adapt and learn or you're gonna have a bad time.

Whoops. Got some of my Undertale in my Darkest Dungeons. Kickstarter has done a good job between these two games, dammit.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

My trinket drop rate is stupid low.... If not for that one Dimos Head, from a secret room, I'd have only this + undead damage ring I just picked up as a quest reward. Going into a Medium Ruins run, next time (40% HM Stun trinket), so hopefully I'll clean up as gold has been really light on my last few short runs, targeting trinkets.

Secret room plz....