+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Got it 50% off on Steam, I will check it out when I can.
    Me too fam. Just finished the tutorial and heading to bed.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Picked this up too finally. Been on my wishlist for a long time. Played for an hour and having a blast so far. Can't wait until my group gets dumpstered for the first time as I have been reading a lot of horror stories about this game.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Fuck The Collector

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

A tip for those who just picked this up-

I didn't understand the mechanics behind how the dungeons leveled up when I started. I assumed that at some point I could do a few low-level dungeon runs with high level characters to boost my gold and trinket stash. Silly me. The dungeons level up in accord with your average resolve level, so there's rarely a low level run available when you finally get a good stock of high resolve. Also high resolve characters will refuse to enter dungeons 2 or more levels below them. So no taking Lv3 chars on Lv1 runs. Throwing more meat into the grinder is the only way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    Fuck The Collector
    It can be a pain in the ass for sure, but there's far worse... in the dark.

BG Level

i was gonna be that guy and say you jive ass turkeys were exaggerating the difficulty of this game but then i started hitting level 5 difficulty dungeons and a raider came and burned my God damn barn down and two characters i had rocked since the beginning of the game died in the span of 10 seconds.

1 and 3 resolve dungeons are p easy so long as you manage stress levels, stay well torched, and CC the shit out of enemies, but man there is a brutal difficulty spike midway through the game. just having level 5 heroes is totally insufficient to rock level 5 dungeons, they need weapons + armor + skills fully upgraded which makes them stupid expensive and lower level characters do not make enough money while leveling up to upgrade themselves and then feeder characters designed to finance the elite team level out of the money making range and become stupid expensive themselves and so on and so forth and ahhhhhhhhh

this game is one of the purest distillations of Sid Meier's 'a game is a series of interesting decisions' i've ever played. there is a cost to every action, a trade-off for every decision.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I also have been playing this recently. I messed up early on, didn't realize you had to have a full party of 4 to go on a run, before I figured that out I had sent too many people to recover from stress. Lost the money spent putting up two characters, because there wasn't enough to form a full party at the stage coach. Do you think that's a critical enough error to start over? I mean it was around 3000 gold to put up both characters to recover.

Think I am just gonna start over from the beginning since I'm not too far in and I would hate for it to fuck me over in the long run.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    I also have been playing this recently. I messed up early on, didn't realize you had to have a full party of 4 to go on a run, before I figured that out I had sent too many people to recover from stress. Lost the money spent putting up two characters, because there wasn't enough to form a full party at the stage coach. Do you think that's a critical enough error to start over? I mean it was around 3000 gold to put up both characters to recover.

Think I am just gonna start over from the beginning since I'm not too far in and I would hate for it to fuck me over in the long run.
    I'd just keep going. You'll just make more mistakes later in the game, at which point, you won't want to start over, so best to get in the habit of not. Gold shouldn't be much of an issue ever; just do a no torch/provision fodder after a mission you think you can complete and take what you get, then dismiss them. Only New Game + has a timer involved, so there's really zero rush outside of it.

BG Level

Vestal, Jester, Houndmaster, and Man-at-Arms might be my fav combo right now.
    Battle Ballad is the tits

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's a lot of cool party setups, coming up with them is one of the best parts of the game.

Houndmaster/Arbalest, Occultist, Bounty Hunter, Bounty Hunter is insane. Mark something and watch it melt.
    Arbalest, Man-at-Arms, Hellion, Hellion is cool. High native dodge on Hellions, dodge trinkets, Tactics camping buff from MAA & spam Bolster during fights. Survive w/ dodge tanking instead of healing
    Vestal, Man-at-Arms, Highwayman, Jester is fun. Run pos1 Jester & w/ crit buffs + trinkets and open every fight by one-shotting something with a huge Finale crit, then Point Blank Shot the next thing.

BG Level

Funny, I was just looking up the classes that got mark right now after getting my first bounty hunter.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Whoa. Sent a team after the Hag and she eradicated them all. They got there with full health and almost no stress, that Into the Pot move is bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Most boss fights are about managing the bullshit mechanic around the fight than about outright killing. Hag can be a pain in the ass, but wait till you fight the level 5 Thousand-Pounder.

BG Level

Level 3 Prophet has been kicking my ass. Smoked 6 heroes in 2 parties.

I know the strat I like against him, just stuck with these weird parties cause all my dudes are either at level 6 or level 1 since all my level 3-4 dudes keep kickin' the bucket or leveling out of range. Thinking of murdering off all my level 6s atm. Pretty sure I'm no where near level 5 bosses atm

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I never knew what a Rogue-like was, growing up. I always know that hard shit was usually "Nintendo hard", and that was so people would get a longer experience out of a game and justify the price, especially on home consoles as compared to arcade.

DD is fucking brutal, though. The best kind of brutal, however.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Level 3 Prophet has been kicking my ass. Smoked 6 heroes in 2 parties.

I know the strat I like against him, just stuck with these weird parties cause all my dudes are either at level 6 or level 1 since all my level 3-4 dudes keep kickin' the bucket or leveling out of range. Thinking of murdering off all my level 6s atm. Pretty sure I'm no where near level 5 bosses atm
    I'd nuke the L6 if they don't have the skills/equipment necessary for L5 dungeons. They will just clog up your roster with members you can't use; that or nuke all but your best four.

BG Level

Killing the 6s is what I went with. Dudes were just clogging the place up since I'm not that far into the hamlet yet.
    Starting to work on getting the team I want for the prophet now. Bleeds. Bleeds ererywhere!

BG Level

Yo, that wolf quest that pops up is fucking brutal man. My dudes got ripped to shreds.
    I guess he'll pop up again so I better think up something.

BG Level

yeah Vvulf annihilated my bros but i guess he retreats on failure anyways, so next time one could just throw blood for the blood God sacrificial lambs at him until you can field a squad actually capable of taking him out

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

SHAMBLER DOWN! ANCESTOR'S SCROLL GET! I am fucking exhausted...

BG Level

Nice bro.

I just defeated my first champion boss, the Hag, yesterday. Lvl 6 plague doc & occultist valiantly went down in the process.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast