+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

the reviews seem rather mixed, I rarely read them, but they're mostly all negative on steam. Some say the crimson curse makes the game too difficult and grindy, and others say this dlc nerfed the difficulty by 20%-30%.

I am downloading it now, probably check it out today.

What do you guys think so far?

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

The crimson court DLC on a fresh game was too hard to manage so I had to start over and will enable that part of it once I get further. There's a constant town event that decreases stress relief till you go into the courtyard the first time and once you've done that, DLC mobs can pop up in vanilla dungeons which I wasn't fond about cuz I didn't want people to get cursed. From my experience with the Crimson Curse, I didn't like it at all and reading what else it does, I'm not excited or eager about having to deal with it. I love the new class though so there's that

You can choose what dlc to enable on games (can't disable once enabled though) so you can prepare for the curse that way, btw

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    the reviews seem rather mixed, I rarely read them, but they're mostly all negative on steam. Some say the crimson curse makes the game too difficult and grindy, and others say this dlc nerfed the difficulty by 20%-30%.

I am downloading it now, probably check it out today.

What do you guys think so far?
    i'm digging it. new flagellant class is great, new gear (including class sets) is dope, new enemies are suitably gross and horrific and their dungeon has suitably different mechanics from the existing ones, new bosses (especially one) are big and bad and rewarding to murder. the crimson curse mechanic is the only thing i was iffy about but the devs jacked the blood drop rate way up so it's very manageable, a more strategic kind of status effect that one has to manage both in and out of the hamlet. and it definitely makes the game more difficult game, the first apprentice-level foray into The Courtyard (which you have to do early to kill the stress debuff) kicked my ass. definitely not something to be attempted before you haven kitted out level 2 bros. really none of The Courtyard quests should be attempted until you have bros that are on the upper end of the level restriction and their skills + gear are maxed.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Well thanks for that heads up, I am probably going to play this a bit today and losing party members to events that I shouldn't be attempting isn't very fun haha.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6