+ Reply to Thread
    Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

WTS: Estate Sale, Many Things Available

Hi all –

I’m in the unfortunate position of helping clear out the computer equipment and electronics of a friend who passed away recently, an “estate sale” of sorts. I’ll be posting items for sale here before going to ebay; and I'll add to the list as I’m able to sort through everything. It won’t be a fast process.

I’m making my best effort to identify everything important to the sale, check that the items are in working condition, and cleaning them up as best as is possible. Anything that can be wiped or reset to factory conditions will have that done. Since I never used any of this equipment myself, I can’t strictly speaking vouch for the reliability and condition however I’ll run any tests or do any checks a buyer requests to help boost their confidence. So far everything seems to be in top-notch condition.

A couple of notes:
    • This is for established BG’ers only. I have no intention to conduct a sale with anyone recently registered or with a low post count.
    • I can do a phone or skype call with any buyers to give them a visual on the items and to make sure we’re on the same page with all the details.
    • I won’t always know if something is missing that was included in the original packaging. I’ll try to be extremely clear about exactly what I have, and please ask any questions if you need clarification.
    • Shipping is not included in any prices and we can discuss what method is most appropriate and cost effective. Buyer pays shipping. (Edit: I’ll split shipping in some cases.)
    • I’m asking that any buyers verify within 3 days of receipt that the items are in working order.
    • I’d also ask that within 3 days a review (hopefully positive) is left on HeatWare for the transaction.
    • Payment will be via PayPal, and I’ll ship within 2-3 days after we agree on shipping method.
    • I may not be able to process more than 1-2 items a week, so please understand it may take a little while before a particular item is ready.

A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the local SPCA in his name.

Items are listed in the next post.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

(4) Drobo 5N’s (DRDS4-A)
    A note on all Drobos:
    Spoiler: show
    • I’m not really interested in swapping drive capacity too much (I know some aren’t ideal). I’ll consider a deal on single drives if someone wants.
    • Transfer speeds on my network of up to 70Mbps. Models with SSDs can be faster.
    • I’ve tested all cases and drives and they report good in the Drobo Dashboard software.
    • All cases are basically in perfect condition. The 3rd Drobo (S/N -613) has a couple of very small scratches on the exterior top.
    • Support for 64 TB volumes on the latest firmware (3.5.5).
    • Configured for single disk redundancy (failure protection) but has dual disk redundancy available
    • Drobo Apps installable, including BT Sync, CouchPotato, CrashPlan, Firefly, Plex, Sickbeard, Transmission and others.
    • 3 of the 4 units are still eligible to purchase DroboCare, however that would require it to stay registered in my friend’s name. Unlikely anyone would want to do that but it is an option but only until February 9.

Drobo 5N (DRDS4-A) – $480
    • Serial number ending -544
    • 8 TB in hard drives currently installed, volume size of 3.6 TB
    • Seagate Barracuda LP - 2 TB - ST32000542AS
    • Seagate Desktop HDD - 4 TB - ST4000DM000
    • WD Caviar GP - 500 GB - WD5000AAVS
    • WD Caviar SE16 - 500 GB - WD5000AAKD
    • WD Caviar Green - 1 TB - WD10EADS
    • The 500 GB drives are holding the capacity back and should probably be replaced, both because of size and age. They are not factored into the cost.
    • Value of drives is around $265

Drobo 5N (DRDS4-A) – $720
    • Serial number ending -511
    • Still under warranty, but would require DroboCare purchase to extend
    • 18 TB in hard drives currently installed, volume size of 12.7
    • Seagate Barracuda LP - 2 TB - ST32000542AS
    • WD Green - 4 TB - WD40EZRX
    • Drives 2 and 5 are still under warranty
    • Value of drives is around $620

Drobo 5N (DRDS4-A) – $1160
    • Serial number ending -279
    • DroboCare warrenty active until 10/10/2016
    • 128 GB SSD included
    • 28 TB in hard drives currently installed, volume size of 20 TB
    • Seagate Desktop HDD - 6 TB - ST6000DX000
    • WD Red - 6 TB - WD60EFRX
    • Drives 1, 2, 3 and 4 are still under warranty
    • Value of drives is around $1090

Brother PT-PT750W – Wireless Label Maker - $75
    I actually haven’t had time to verify everything is working on this yet, but if there is interest I’ll make sure to fire it up and check it out. Description stolen from Brother’s website:
    • The PT-P750W is a powerful, yet easy-to-use label maker with plenty of wireless and wired connectivity options. It is easy for multiple users, even on different computers and mobile devices, to create and print virtually any durable, colorful, professional label they can imagine.
    • With a built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n interface, the PT-P750W is the ideal choice for sharing a label printer amongst multiple users. Pre-loaded labeling software lets you plug into nearly any PC or Mac computer via its USB interface and almost immediately begin designing and printing labels, with the convenience of using a monitor and full-sized keyboard. PC and Mac users can also greatly expand the capabilities of the PT-P750W by installing the robust P-touch Editor Label Design Software, which is available as a free download.
    • Create and print labels with ease right from compatible Apple® iOS or Android™ mobile devices using the free Brother iPrint&Label app‡. The PT-P750W is also NFC compatible, so you can "touch to connect" to quickly establish contact with most NFC-capable devices‡.
    • Though it's great for individual label printing, the PT-750W is particularly well-suited to multi-label creation jobs thanks to its fast print speeds, repeat printing capability, and automatic half or full tape cutter.
    • The versatile PT-750W gives you several powering options as well. Use the included AC cable or 6 AA batteries (sold separately) to power the unit for use at a desk, or make it truly portable by running it on a rechargeable Li-ion battery‡.

Individual HDDs:
    Seagate Archive HDD 8TB - ST8000AS0002 - $180
    Seagate Archive HDD 8TB - ST8000AS0002 - $180
    Seagate Desktop HDD 6TB - ST6000DX000 - $160

Miscellaneous:
    • Radeon 5850 1G - $35
    • Moto Skip - Best offer, or free to anyone who's buying something else and wants it
    • Cobra Tag - $20
    • Logitech G13 (like new, not in box but never used except one test) - $45
    • Foscam F18910W - $35
    • Motorola SB5101U - Best offer, or free to anyone who's buying something else and wants it

Still to come: iPhones, laptops, drones (yes drones) and more…

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Reserved

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Updated with a couple items selling. The family is very interested in trying to clear this out so if anyone wants to make a REASONABLE offer it will be considered.