BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Steam Link, FFXIV & Controllers

I bought a Steam Link over the weekend to allow for comfy couch-gaming, but after a successful test run that worked without issues with a wirelessly paired PS4 controller on FFXIV, I can't get the damn thing to register correctly again. The controller works in everything else in Steam I throw at it (Fallout 4 for example), it's just having trouble with FFXIV; I also hooked it up wired (which also registered in Steam), without success. An unusual thing to note is that it's showing up in the controller drop-down within FFXIV, but no input is getting through. Is there some sort of trick to this I'm missing?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Make sure gamepad is enabled in XIV. You never know.

Also did you plug anything else in after you did the successful test? Sometimes windows will give higher priority to another device for gaming even if it works in big picture mode.

Check to make sure the gamepad is also your preferred device in game controller settings.

Lastly, make sure ds4windows wasn't stopped, assuming you're using that.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I did a pretty exhaustive plug/unplug fest to see what was being detected; I think that this is an issue unique to the steam link. The controller shows up in the drop-down when plugged in, but it's not passing any input through, despite being fully present and functional in the steam link interface.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Steam Link, FFXIV & Controllers

Well you said it was just having trouble in ffxiv. I have an issue with my g13 and any gamepad in windows 10 because it prioritizes the "game controller" driver/portion of the g13 in some applications. Ffxiv is one, rocket isn't one, so it's likely the program itself. Check device manager and see if there are any conflicts but also if there is more than one hud game compliant game device and disable one at a time and retry it each time through.

This is usually the problem unless it really is the steam link. Do you have a steam controller too? Cuz if you do I bet that works 100% lol

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I do have a Razer Anansi keyboard attached to the host computer in question but the configuration hadn't changed between when it was working and when it wasn't. According to https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamContro...16_has_caused/ an update got pushed over the weekend which broke controller support for certain gamepads with FFXIV, so I'm going ti try reverting to build ~470 and see if that fixes it when I get home.

Edit: I got a response from one of Valve's reps via their forums, and apparently it was a Steam thing (Steam Stream?) rather than a Steam Link thing, and the regression should be fixed with the upcoming desktop beta client release, date TBA.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/35338...5135345878/#p4

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

See; shit like this is why I haven't used my SteamLink since the week I got it. Good thing I got my 10th free copy of Portal 2 for being a paid beta tester!

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It was working great the first day we were trying it out, and it still works great for everything else, esp. Civ 5. Low lag, decent picture, no stutter.