Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just Rank 14'd the Arktoi. Delve Bee Axe is fucking done...

So Far at Rank 14
    Accuracy +47
    Pet: Accuracy +47
    Pet: Attack + 28

That doesn't include the Pet: attack +20 and Double Attack+3 already on the Base.

Jesus this is insane..

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

10,000 plutons is such a kick in the nuts....

Need to see augments on Polyhymnia. What are these upgrades costing per level?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

How many plutons (and the other two) do you get from a case and from a box, approximately? It has been so long since I got one that I forgot!

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Patb View Post
    Pet: 70acc/70att 15 DA
    Oooooh I like that!
    Anybody tried Coeus by any chance? SCH JSE staff

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Death Penalty's aftermath changed from double or triple damage to OA2-3. Not sure about Gastra as its description seems messed up. In the event that the OA2-3 isn't a mistranslation, what are the chances it works on melee as well as ranged attacks?

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd say unlikely purely because a melee OA2-3 never applied to ranged before so you would assume they are handled by different statusid's or wtf they use to track it. It's possibly with SE spaghetti coding but just seems unlikely to me, especially since we've seen in the past with things like Jailer weapons applying purely to that weapon (which I know is a different type of OA but similar principal)

Also I'm guessing not but is there any change to anything else on the upgraded R/M/E's? Like relic damage proc rate, WS DMG bonus, etc.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Inb4 Apoc's haste surpasses the delay cap

Hey, a DRK can dream, can't he? :<

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

SE just hates scythes for whatever reason!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I bet the issue with Death penalty if is a localisation error, I'm sure if you pulled up the japanese version, it would be different.

But who knows.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlina View Post
    I bet the issue with Death penalty if is a localisation error, I'm sure if you pulled up the japanese version, it would be different.

But who knows.
    Confirmed. I'm no master japaneser, but the symbols are the same between the old 119 Death Penalty and the new. They just messed up localization.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Friend doing VD Tenzen says that he isn't noticing much of a damage difference with GEO buffs (including on Rudra's), so it is possible that we need substantially higher Ratio in order to benefit from the pDIF changes.

If that is the case and we are not auto ratio capped with a GEO, damage-wise the big winners this update would be:
    * Ascetic's Fury - At least a 2x attack multiplier and can crit (according to diasetsu)
    * Mandalic Stab - 1.75x attack multiplier (according to Studio Gobli) and you typically force it to crit
    * Blade: Kamu - 1.3125x attack multiplier (according to Studio Gobli?). If that is low, and I suspect it is, it might be the best katana WS now in a lot of situations.

With Vajra, my Mandalic Stab was already pretty competitive with Evisceration / Rudra's at 1000 TP. If it's now fully benefiting from it's +75% attack, I have a hard time imagining it's not on top.

Banned.

BG Level

Tenzen has weird damage taken mechanics so I would hardly consider that a valid test to determine anything

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Unless they're comparing it to pre-patch VD Tenzen numbers.

And nobody said it was a valid test. There are no "valid tests" yet, the patch has been out for under 12 hours. All we have to go on right now is eyeballing, which is fine for setting a base to do the real testing at a later date.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

They were comparing it to prepatch Tenzen numbers (also on VD). Still, I agree that we need more careful testing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

So which BC would be best to spam down with 6people? AAGK? Just fear that AAs might be congested to hell.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

the best VD BCNMs to spam is Tenzen and One to be Feared (Omega and Ultima), Simply because they are in the same entrance,
    that being said, on a high population server, i bet they are currently a nightmare to enter.
    I suppose on terms of easiness though, AAs are probably the best bet.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Friend doing VD Tenzen says that he isn't noticing much of a damage difference with GEO buffs (including on Rudra's), so it is possible that we need substantially higher Ratio in order to benefit from the pDIF changes.

If that is the case and we are not auto ratio capped with a GEO, damage-wise the big winners this update would be:
    * Ascetic's Fury - At least a 2x attack multiplier and can crit (according to diasetsu)
    * Mandalic Stab - 1.75x attack multiplier (according to Studio Gobli) and you typically force it to crit
    * Blade: Kamu - 1.3125x attack multiplier (according to Studio Gobli?). If that is low, and I suspect it is, it might be the best katana WS now in a lot of situations.

With Vajra, my Mandalic Stab was already pretty competitive with Evisceration / Rudra's at 1000 TP. If it's now fully benefiting from it's +75% attack, I have a hard time imagining it's not on top.
    in other words everything with an attack penalty just hit the toilet-flush spot like resolution and requiescat?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

We won't know until we actually do quantitative testing, but attack penalties will probably matter now more than ever. WSs that Ignore Defense like Camlann's also have the potential to be quite good now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    We won't know until we actually do quantitative testing, but attack penalties will probably matter now more than ever. WSs that Ignore Defense like Camlann's also have the potential to be quite good now.
    lol quietus

Maybe my multi step liberator skillchain won't suck butts anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Imoq View Post
    How many plutons (and the other two) do you get from a case and from a box, approximately? It has been so long since I got one that I forgot!
    Iirc it's something to the line of ~10ish and ~20ish.... ±5
    I think. >_>

But from what I can tell, the values for the ranks are just copypasted like they did with Escha.
    And 5980/20=299.
    So you need 299 for R15 and 1 extra to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    So which BC would be best to spam down with 6people? AAGK? Just fear that AAs might be congested to hell.
    Avatars should be better, can only do 5(6) AAs with 75 merits (+1KI), but you can do 7(8) Avatar prime fights.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast