BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Video cards are where I get lost, I see all these GXT 90000 FUCKYEAHBUYME XXXSEPHIROTHXXX stuff and I'm just like, eh? Like, I have zero idea what to look for in a video card.

I do appreciate all the responses, even the ones calling me an idiot more or less for not building my own.

And, orinthia, your links work fine. Once I read up a bit more on the video cards, I'll probably use that to help me find something decent.
    Yeah, my brother was like that when he wanted a pc last year. I gave him advice but he really didn't want to have a hand in it, and didn't want to call me up or have me drive out to fix his stuff if parts/OS went south, so he bought a fucking falcon tiki. Immense retard-tax but I do love how small the thing actually is after seeing it (have to admit I'm a little jelly). Falcon support has been pretty good to him on some stuff so far though, like I got him a nice ssd on sale (the only thing he was smart on not getting from them) and they got him through getting windows on it.

The two machines I directly linked on newegg are pretty decent deals. Not too much premium and both have strong vid cards. Getting the parts yourself you'd only really get a small upgrade from either bundle for the same cost at best, so it's actually pretty fair for someone in your position. But do some research, get to know what it is you're getting. You'd do that for any other big purchase, and a new computer counts. I still give my bro some shit for that tiki, but he loves the thing so it's all good.

Banned.

BG Level

Buy an Alienware, they're awesome. Don't listen to naysayers telling you to "build" one, in reality the cost of labor, your time, and the risk of getting shitty parts or destroying the computer when assembling it add up and it's either a wash or it's actually cheaper and far simpler to buy a pre-built.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by vivbiibasjiu View Post
    Buy an Alienware, they're awesome. Don't listen to naysayers telling you to "build" one, in reality the cost of labor, your time, and the risk of getting shitty parts or destroying the computer when assembling it add up and it's either a wash or it's actually cheaper and far simpler to buy a pre-built.
    You sure talk out your ass a lot, don't you?

He's from a country that won't be here in 10 years because they ran it into the ground

Banned.

BG Level

How dare you insult the USA!

I just assumed because of your typing/speech impediment that you weren't an expat abroad.

Banned.

BG Level

This just in: not typing like a ghetto 12-year-old is now a "speech impediment"

(Wasn't aware text was speech, but ok!)

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Alienware has been a piece of shit ever since dell bought them. You really are a fucking idiot. With an IQ above 90, you can build in less than an hour, and the odds of getting a bad part shipped to you is less then getting a defective computer from Alienware. The only way you are going to blow a computer while building it is if you decide to do it outside in the middle of a rain storm.

Banned.

BG Level

Alienware computers are amazing and look great but feel free to enjoy your frankenstein computer to "save" $10 when you could get a quality product shipped to your door intact with warranty.

Meanwhile I'll be over here with this aesthetically pleasing beauty. It was quite a steal for everything it comes with, not even including the multicolor programmable LED case and form factor

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Alienware computers are amazing and look great but feel free to enjoy your frankenstein computer to "save" $10 when you could get a quality product shipped to your door intact with warranty.
    Every part installed (unless used and outside of warranty) has warranty and RMAing parts is easy unless you are cognitively impaired. Alienware is indeed garbage and anyone that has any common sense let alone pc sense knows this. Knock off the trolling.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Every part installed (unless used and outside of warranty) has warranty and RMAing parts is easy unless you are cognitively impaired. Alienware is indeed garbage and anyone that has any common sense let alone pc sense knows this. Knock off the trolling.
    Yeah, anyone who doesn't autistically sperg to save $10 on a PC so they can build it like a lego toy is "trolling"

I have an Alienware computer that works great, looks great, and saved me money and time compared to buying the parts individually. So, uh, I don't know what to tell you

The OP himself said he doesn't want to build a computer, so you're missing the entire point of this thread anyway by ignoring his wishes. I'm making a perfectly valid recommendation that worked well for me.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Yeah, anyone who doesn't autistically sperg to save $10 on a PC so they can build it like a lego toy is "trolling"

I have an Alienware computer that works great, looks great, and saved me money and time compared to buying the parts individually. So, uh, I don't know what to tell you

The OP himself said he doesn't want to build a computer, so you're missing the entire point of this thread anyway by ignoring his wishes. I'm making a perfectly valid recommendation that worked well for me.
    List every single part inside your Alienware and list the final price and I will show at least five examples of a cheaper build that's more powerful.

Banned.

BG Level

You think I'm going to bother doing all that work for a random inconsequential forum argument? There's a reason I bought a pre-built!

If you don't like alienware that's fine, build as many computers as you like to your heart's content, it makes no difference to me but the OP has his heart set on a pre-built and I'm making a recommendation from my own personal experience

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Ok, one that case looks even more retarded than you. Two, as someone who has worked on Alienware computers, the parts they use are by far on the low end of the spectrum and charge a premium for. And it's a lot more than 10 bucks you saved. Even if I count the 30 minutes I spent building my last box at the hourly rate i'm paid for my job, I saved about 400 dollars and have a system far superior part wise then what any prebuilt thing would have cost me. Change the brand to Alienware and I'm closer to 700 dollars saved.

Banned.

BG Level

I don't work at a Chinese slave factory so my time is worth more than the paltry sum I would "save" by devoting my life to building a machine I use to look at pictures of cats and play video games, but to each their own. If you want to do your own plumbing that's fine but I'd rather call a plumber

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

And there is a reason we build our rigs. Less money for more power. We are giving OP options instead of him overspending (like Alienware customers) so he gets the most bang for his buck. This makes more sense and if any trouble is had we are here to support. That's what a community is for, not spouting ignorance.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I don't work at a Chinese slave factory so my time is worth more than the paltry sum I would "save" by devoting my life to building a machine I use to look at pictures of cats and play video games, but to each their own. If you want to do your own plumbing that's fine but I'd rather call a plumber
    So we're going to resort to you make bank while we're Chinese slave factory workers because you choose to waste money. We're getting closer to playing with your girls tits in the club while we camp Ixion. Keep going.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    So we're going to resort to you make bank while we're Chinese slave factory workers because you choose to waste money. We're getting closer to playing with your girls tits in the club while we camp Ixion. Keep going.
    Well I'm gay so it would be your boyfriend's titties I suppose

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Alienware really isn't a great choice since they like to use low quality, custom sized/fit parts that make it difficult to replace with standard ones from a store (dell/hp/etc are generally guilty of this), but there's sometimes deals on their Alpha, which is quite a nice and tiny gaming box: http://www.techbargains.com/alienware-alpha-deals It's not much bigger than an xbox controller, and there's no way to build something like this from parts yet so it's a decent deal for the form factor (otherwise it's just a mid range pc).

That said, you dorks get your jimmies rustled too easily.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't think I've ever met a person who bought an Alienware and didn't regret it less then a year later.