1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 23 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 10 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    Please tell me there's a new song for these next set of raids. Not just a new final boss theme.
    Not even a slight variation like Binding Coil > Second Coil since they really don't have to put "love" into the game atm.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

The song matched pretty well with the goblins and machinery. But you would think they would update after 7 months, and people still attempting AS3/4. Definitely muting it if it's the same.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

There could still be a slight variation in the boss theme. I don't remember them updating the ambient music for coil before you reached the boss.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Not even a slight variation like Binding Coil > Second Coil since they really don't have to put "love" into the game atm.
    I can't wait for the flurry of "Oh my god THANK YOU YOSHIDA 3.2 IS SO AWESOME OMG" before we can go back to the constant doom and gloom like this.

What will it be this time? Will Yoshida still need to hire more staff? Will they take yet another vacation?! Find out on the next episode of Final "I complain constantly that the game is dying yet I still seem to obsessively hover over its rotting corpse" Fantasy XIV: A Complaint Reborn.

Also, Midas gear sets.

Spoiler: show

Edit: As a general notion, this is supposed to be a discussion thread for Midas Savage. We talk about Midas Savage here and everything that entails, please try not to use the thread as yet another conduit to bitch about the game. We have a random complaint thread specifically for that purpose. People don't come here to read about why you hate the game, they are looking for Savage/Raiding discussion.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Gordias had as many unique tracks as Binding Coil (3) and and so far, Midas has as many unique tracks as Second Coil (1).

Do you get off on shitposting or something? You're fucking unreal sometimes.

EDIT:
    Spoiler: show
    Here's a list if anyone actually cares:

BCOB: Primal Timbre (area, out of combat), Spiral (area, in combat), Calamity Unbound (bosses)
    Gordias: Area, Bosses, Final boss

SCOB: Blades (area, in combat)
    Midas: Final boss

BCOB and SCOB had Thunderer and Tempest+Rise of the White Raven for the last bosses respectively but those tracks weren't new.

Cassalot

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post

Edit: As a general notion, this is supposed to be a discussion thread for Midas Savage. We talk about Midas Savage here and everything that entails, please try not to use the thread as yet another conduit to bitch about the game. We have a random complaint thread specifically for that purpose. People don't come here to read about why you hate the game, they are looking for Savage/Raiding discussion.
    This.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Oh Savage only? Didnt even see that. Well no new info has been released yet. I'm not allowed to speculate that the new raids could possibly use the same shit song again?

Also that gear looks so half assed, it really does look like the lvl 60 green plate armor that's on auction. Gordias exdeath looking set looked much better.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    Oh Savage only? Didnt even see that. Well no new info has been released yet. I'm not allowed to speculate that the new raids could possibly use the same shit song again?

Also that gear looks so half assed, it really does look like the lvl 60 green plate armor that's on auction. Gordias exdeath looking set looked much better.
    There is a difference between discussing that the raid has the same song (which is fine) and using every complaint someone has as a jumping off point to equate Yoshi P. to Hitler.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

But my ears will commit sodoku if it's the same.

User was infracted for this post.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

^

I gotta say I love the Midas gear though. Looks a lot more... I want to say flexible than the Gordias set. Gives off a huge High Allagan-like vibe.

Much like how second coils was, Midas 1-3 will probably use the same music set where as Midas 4 will use that unique piece that got teased in the trailer.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The trailer was about to kick off into what sounded like a new tune following Megazord before being cut off into other content types being shown off. Expect the general fight theme for Midas to be the same as Gordias as it's always been per raid tier (idle theme, trashpack variant, boss theme, final boss theme), barring T12 as the exception.

Cassalot

Who's next?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Turn 12 theme was probably my favorite raid music ever, to be honest. It was such a nice surprise, I'd love it if they did surprise us with A7 like that. Really looks like an interesting fight with a lot of moving parts.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

T12's music was amazingly thick. They could surprise us with that in A7, but I'm expecting scar girl to become a raid boss at some point in the last leg. A5 will probably drop some hints that fucked up things are happening in Alexander. A6 will be a gauntlet chasing after the goblin's leader. A7 will be catching up with him in the city (Probably complete with adds and bombs galore considering how you enter) and A8 will be the Manipulator assuming Voltron to defend the core.

I'm just expecting the Manipulator to assume sentience and formally become Alexander (The Primal) in A12 that everyone probably called the moment the raid was announced.

Edit: I have a loot list macro generator that was made by Luceric, but I've been updating it HW (He hasn't touched it since FCOB) and I put all the upcoming raid stuff and related S1T7 Extreme. Obviously without patch notes this is educated guessing but with all the interviews and the like I'm willing to say the loot lists are accurate.

Link - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing (Copy into your google drive to edit. This is a view only copy. If I made an editable version someone would end up breaking it)

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

A5S Faust mini-boss is basically faust from Gordias... It turns into a big muscly faust that beats the fuck out of tanks with damage up stacks, requiring them to swap. You have 1:30 to kill it before it enrages and wipes the raid. Need 8500 raid DPS looks like.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Nope, I'm an idiot, wrong place

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Alexander Midas (Savage): We Power Rangers now

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Just beat it
    wow that world first race didn't last long

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Just beat it, the last fight is going to be a bitch in DF. People are going to have to remember the mechanics of alll the component bosses.
    You beat normal mode? >.>

I've beat normal mode just now, A7 is the biggest disappointment ever but A8 more makes up for it for me.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Sorry my bad, wrong place - totally did not beat Savage