1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 12 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 21 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Whats the A8S hang up? Gear check? Will it be clearable Tuesday with 3 i240 weapons or more to it than that?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Last I heard it was just an endless stream of bullshit mechanics and it was taking a while just to figure everything out. I have no idea how deep groups are getting in to it now nor how tight the DPS check is, but it seems like it's just gonna be another case of a ridiculously mechanics heavy fight.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Last I heard it was just an endless stream of bullshit mechanics and it was taking a while just to figure everything out. I have no idea how deep groups are getting in to it now nor how tight the DPS check is, but it seems like it's just gonna be another case of a ridiculously mechanics heavy fight.

Oh wow. Those top groups seem to pick apart mechanics extremely fast.

Isn't this what we wanted? By 'we' I mean people who thought AS3 was a bad fight and that Gordias was just dps checks and no mechanics

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

http://www.twitch.tv/israphel0901
    There's a JP group streaming A8S right now.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Dat one shot lazer of doom lol. Fight looks like its going well then the ceiling zapper wipes the group.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by AlastorTGN View Post
    Isn't this what we wanted? By 'we' I mean people who thought AS3 was a bad fight and that Gordias was just dps checks and no mechanics
    Yeah Yoshi-P seemed to be under the impression that AS3 was too difficult because of dps checks, when that wasn't the case at all. Not like I saw a mass of people suddenly clearing it when i210 gear became available to everyone.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Either way, I am glad mechanics aren't stupid easy this tier. After all the crying from Gordias I was expecting babby's first raid. 5 was fun, 6 was hard and annoying as fuck, and so far 7 is fun at least. Kinda scared they want people to get a twine and dip from 7 before going to 8 though.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

A JP group spilled some beans on twitter about what seems to be near the end of A8S. After Brute Justice reaches 0%, it:

* Gains an HP up buff (1281760 -> 1820099)
    * Full heals (it says "Brute Justice's endurance fully recovers" or so)
    * Starts an entirely new phase that's completely absent from normal mode, new model and everything.

I can't post links cause i'm under 10 posts :'( but the twitter accounts are nao_tiny, ofuton_loveYuk1, and The_Montblanc.

That JP stream is up again.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by xepheraux View Post
    A JP group spilled some beans on twitter about what seems to be near the end of A8S. After Brute Justice reaches 0%, it:

* Gains an HP up buff (1281760 -> 1820099)
    * Full heals (it says "Brute Justice's endurance fully recovers" or so)
    * Starts an entirely new phase that's completely absent from normal mode, new model and everything.

I can't post links cause i'm under 10 posts :'( but the twitter accounts are nao_tiny, ofuton_loveYuk1, and The_Montblanc.
    Here, this article has them all. http://ff14net.2chblog.jp/archives/48015619.html

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

That sounds cool as hell.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Maybe someone else can shed some more light on this, but according to a friend who gave me tidbits the group who was posting the screenshots I posted above is saying that even when they get to the final phase with 3 minutes remaining and running triple melee + MCH they cannot kill the boss in A8S. He is estimating that you need 10k+ raid wide DPS to clear the encounter. (These guys are partially former Lucrezia).

http://ff14net.2chblog.jp/archives/48023146.html

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quick A6S question, do tanks participate in the thunder/water exchanges?

or is it always Thunder plus previous water at the thunder stack and the other 4 players at the water stack?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

We have our tanks participate in thunder, but not water. This way a melee who has thunder can be hitting the boss while still passing it to someone.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    We have our tanks participate in thunder, but not water. This way a melee who has thunder can be hitting the boss while still passing it to someone.

Interesting. So Thunder to random player > pass to OT > pass to MT each phase?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Thunder and Water are always on: 1) a random melee and 2) a random ranged DPS. If you only have 1 ranged DPS like we did (triple melee), that ranged will have a debuff every time.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Is there some kind of trigger that causes the Sturm Dolls (big ones) to use Self-Destruct in A7S, final cage set? This wasn't a case of it being up too long or getting its Kugelblitz cast off. It spawned, MT hit it once almost right away, then it exploded.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    Is there some kind of trigger that causes the Sturm Dolls (big ones) to use Self-Destruct in A7S, final cage set? This wasn't a case of it being up too long or getting its Kugelblitz cast off. It spawned, MT hit it once almost right away, then it exploded.
    Its a glitch

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Eludi View Post
    Its a glitch
    Really? We thought maybe the Panzer had to be dead or something before it spawned cause it literally casted it the second it spawned.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast