1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 0 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Your PLD is on shield oath 97% of the time. There's no need to have it on this much.

Your AST has got to be able to do more than 9 dps... our WHM did 132 in our first kill (killed him right as enrage hit).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Your PLD is on shield oath 97% of the time. There's no need to have it on this much.

Your AST has got to be able to do more than 9 dps... our WHM did 132 in our first kill (killed him right as enrage hit).
    I am the Paladin pretty much main tanked the whole boss, I thought about using sword oath in the early stages of the fight when healing is easy, after that 2% wipe, the warrior suggested it. Healers aren't use to healing me without shield oath though not sure how it would go didn't get to try since maintenance. Also going to stop putting halon on the boss too mainly did that for the healers.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

If your AST isn't DPSing at all you shouldn't really need shield oath period beyond generating enmity. If you don't tank swap on tankbusters you should put it on to be safe (unless you're gonna Hallowed it obviously), otherwise you can sword oath pretty much everything. If you do tank swap you just pop all your shit in Sword Oath and the OT takes it off you before your CDs drop.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm our groups MT for A7S. I only use ShO twice during the first. At the start for a hate lead and during our one and only tank swap before merry go round.

You will only take big damage while you have stacks. And healing the tank gets easier as the fight goes on, since during your time with stacks the boss will be busy doing Beams and sparks.

Pop all your minor CDs (Foresight,Conva,Blood bath) on Cool down while the boss is on you. Save Awareness for Uplanders, specifically the 2nd, 3rd and last.

First uplander (after first cage set) - Hallowed Ground it (if you are skipping cages and want to use it during the 2nd cat phase, don't use HG here, just use rampart)
    2nd uplander (after the 2nd cage (1st set) right before first cat) - Awareness+Sentinel > if stacks are 3+ you can use rampart after sentinel
    3rd uplander (if the big doll pops uplander is coming) - Bulwark+awareness+Rampart
    4th uplander (after 2nd group bombs, we let the WAR tank these)
    5th uplander (during 2nd cat phase right after the first heart pops) - Hallowed Ground again
    6th uplander (big doll again, last cage set) - Awareness+Sent, then pop everything left, the rest of the fight is mainly raid damage

Here is a recent log, with an under geared main healer, our WHM was out so our BLM played WHM.

https://www.fflogs.com/reports/2vY7V...pe=damage-done

CD usage (not perfect especially in the beginning)
    https://www.fflogs.com/reports/2vY7V...uras&source=97

Even my first clears I was doing 900+ DPS.
    https://www.fflogs.com/rankings/char...latest#boss=28