1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

P1 in a8s for tanks what cd's are running. We have a PLD/WAR comp and waiting on hallowed is a waste of progression time.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

WAR can holmgang first one and PLD provokes it after the last ray hit, doesn't need a CD since the only thing the PLD eats is a single missile. Second one just try and use as little as possible and have your healer spam heal the WAR after he vokes it. The add phase is a lot more intensive on damage so you're not gonna wanna blow too much. Alternatively make your PLD reroll DRK 'cause fuck PLD.

New Merits
    BG Level

PLD WAR is inferior for cooldown wise for phase 1 compared to DRK WAR and thus have to rely more on holmgang/hallowed.

I would probably have pld pull, rampart the first big hit, warrior provoke mid cast and takes all the other hits with vengeance thrill innerbeast. With pld you probably have to rely on warrior eating the second tank buster alone with Holmgang (timing on the use has to be absolutely correct so the holmgang will last until the missile).

Where Drk can just use shadowskin for the first tank buster first hit(with grit), and dark arts dark mind + shadow wall the second tank buster hits after provoke.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I pull on PLD. Rampart just after the black boxes appear. It will last through a Hydro missile and the first Perp ray.

2nd Perp our WAR HGs and I voke it after the 3rd hit without blowing any CDs.

Everything is back up for the adds.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cryss Cook
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus

When would Hollowed Ground be best used in A8S? We run pld/war and after our 1st full lockout in the encounter yesterday, we're working on the part of add phase after blaster dies.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by MrCookTM View Post
    When would Hollowed Ground be best used in A8S? We run pld/war and after our 1st full lockout in the encounter yesterday, we're working on the part of add phase after blaster dies.

First final punch is the best use.
    First Perpetual Ray is the 2nd best use, but learning that way would be very painful (time wise) until you are progressing to Brute Justice consistently.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

It's usually just used for one of the Perpetual Rays on Onslaughter (though doing this during progression is pretty terrible since you might find yourself sitting around waiting for Hallowed) and then again for either Final Punch sequence at the end of the fight. There's a few different ways to handle Final Punch (tank swapping, splitting with the party, popping CDs and healing through it all focused on your MT or using Hallowed/Living Dead to eat the whole thing) but using Hallowed completely removes any necessary healing on the tank/group and lets the healers focus on healing through needles and mitigating the Jstorm.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cryss Cook
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus

Yeah that's why we don't use it on onslaughter, also there's no need since we're hitting add phase pretty consistently already with just regular CD's and proper voking.

Thanks for the input, I guess we'll save it for final punch then!

If only cooldowns reset on wipe. Less waiting around for people

New Merits
    BG Level

Yeah that's why we don't use it on onslaughter, also there's no need since we're hitting add phase pretty consistently already with just regular CD's and proper voking.

Thanks for the input, I guess we'll save it for final punch then!
    You can also apoc pld incase the damage seems too much

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cryss Cook
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus

Yeah we're already using all kinds of mitigation and it works out well. Don't know if our blm uses apoc specifically, I'll ask him and we might slap that on top if he doesn't, every bit helps.

Regarding cd's resetting on wipe, they did when Yoshi P showed off Nidhogg ex during the LL. Maybe it was just on the developer kit, but there might be hope... ^^

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yeah we're already using all kinds of mitigation and it works out well. Don't know if our blm uses apoc specifically, I'll ask him and we might slap that on top if he doesn't, every bit helps.

Regarding cd's resetting on wipe, they did when Yoshi P showed off Nidhogg ex during the LL. Maybe it was just on the developer kit, but there might be hope... ^^

That was a misinformed rumor. They 100% DID NOT reset after the wipe.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cryss Cook
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus

Damn... xD

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, Yoshi-p's a scrub and doesn't use cooldowns.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Boss K View Post
    About 30hrs in A7S and we still cant make it alive past the second heart phase shift to final phase. Healers cant keep the group alive and are the main reason for it. Mostly getting run over by the balls and then blaming others for not staying in range for heals etc. It's gotten to the point everyone is already mad when we start and there is zero tolerance for mistakes.

God forbid you try to even give advice. I honestly wish I would have just quit instead switching worlds for a new group.
    Left the group, switched to another server and took a 6week break from the game. Came back earlier this week and managed to one shot A7S with a random group that was looking for a brd last night.

Now I regret it even more I wasted my time with that group when things didnt look promising at any point.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I finally got A7S down with my new group last night. I regret not biting the bullet and switching up sooner - there is absolutely no way we would have cleared it with our last group, even if people weren't being mechanically retarded.

I'm still in a7s hell. Got to last jail. Tank doesn't realise he has prey. Swaps with nin too late and both go into melee jail. I don't think he had enough up to kill the add as drk. Both die. 2 stacks onto boss. Sparks go out. People start dying and only a few % on boss.

But yeah we seem to have that issue as well with the sparks after last cat phase but we recently replaced our whm with a new ast and got a new nin as well so might be experience and practice issue.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

If it makes you feel any better you'll probably kill it once or twice and then never see that last jail phase again. If you got there once though it should be an easy clear the next time you go in as long as your group isn't horribly inconsistent. Just reiterate the final jail combos before each pull if you have to and if you're that close don't be afraid to LB the doll adds (especially the big one), those things have to die quick in the last jail phase, seeing them self destruct is heart breaking.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    If it makes you feel any better you'll probably kill it once or twice and then never see that last jail phase again. If you got there once though it should be an easy clear the next time you go in as long as your group isn't horribly inconsistent. Just reiterate the final jail combos before each pull if you have to and if you're that close don't be afraid to LB the doll adds (especially the big one), those things have to die quick in the last jail phase, seeing them self destruct is heart breaking.

Yep, dolls in the last phase blowing up was our sticking point. Wish I would have known/thought of just BRD/MCH LBing the 2 adds.

Toshi: Have your PLD save DV for the 2nd cat to final phase spark transition. Bubble+DV and a tight stacked group really trivializes that part. I was using DV during the sparks following Merry Go Round but found that saving it for the triple spark to be much more useful.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Been to the enrage A7 about 4 times got him to 2% on our best attempt. Here is a parse of the 2% enrage https://www.fflogs.com/reports/N6K8n...QPvFC/#fight=6

Anyone have thoughts on what can be done to get 2% more damage?