1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 15 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -6 hours, -7 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    por que no los dos?
    By "camera control" I mean the ability to look around (say, below you) while auto-flying in the same direction. Useful for hunts and such.

You can have right analog do auto-fly camera control, or you can have it do auto-fly attitude control, but not both at the same time.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    the Ast changes.... holy fuck SE has no fucking clue. don't get me wrong the mp changes are great but its not enough. Sch will still have a stranglehold on the 2nd healer spot in harcore progression. wich will yet again trickle down to everyone else. either SE has no god damn fucking clue or they want a bianary system with one main and one sub healer(wich likely means rdm will be a dps healer) and fuck you to anyone that likes to run Whm/Ast. I love ast but I'm not interested in being main healer and I do a horrible 700 dps sustained as sch vs 900 as ast.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    By "camera control" I mean the ability to look around (say, below you) while flying in the same direction. Useful for hunts and such.
    You're right, but it CAN do the above. QQ moar.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I can't see why on earth anyone would whine about the changes to AST....

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Pretty much there's two types of people here.

A. Unhappy people who want to like the game but keep complaining about its obvious flaws in hopes SE somehow hears (even though no evidence has suggested SE listens or cares about disgruntled bitching on BG)

B. People who like the game despite its obvious flaws and get really sick of the disgruntled bitching because it's always the same shit (and no evidence has suggested SE listens or cares about disgruntled bitching on BG)

C. stopped playing long ago but still come in to point and laugh at the idiots who still play we don't talk about C

There's a pretty good number of posters on both sides. As someone who has now moved on from playing XIV regularly, a lot of the pressure of trying to like it has eased and I feel much less of a need to bitch about it all day erryday. But I guess there are still a lot of people in camp A who aren't going to be happy until they realize the only way to be happy is to stop caring how SE fails and move on.
    Group A should probably just quit because the game will most likely never live up to their expectations (like I have done but still lurk around because I do enjoy reading about this game still).

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

That's what I did, having fun in XI, A++ exceeds expectations. But I'll still play some of 3.2, the breadth and scope of the changes in this patch give me cautious hope that they'll keep going in an upward direction. I can't say I'm holding my breath, but the seed of hope is always there ready to be watered...or something.

And at least I can always count on Hildy to be gold star material.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Hildy only has 2 quests, so yeah.. unless they're really long epic cutscenes I wouldn't really hold out on it being gold star material.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

wtf @ this

[2.0] The strength of the Echo granted in the Binding Coil of Bahamut has been increased.
    The Echo will take effect upon entering the Binding Coil of Bahamut and increase players' maximum HP, damage dealt, and healing magic potency by 30%.
    Because unsynched and still having 20% echo from the start wasn't enough? It's whatever of course just gotta be the most unexpected change to see.

You've already committed to not doing the fight properly so this just helps with that.

It could be 50% and people would still wipe due to mechanics.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Unless players have an amazing, patient FC, they're never going to be able to learn the battles at this point and no amount of Echo is going to change their clear ability when T9 is all about memorization. Instead. SE should really just go the TERA-route for Coil instead of just piling on Echo buffs. The last MSQs had a high challenge in that game, with a larger party than normal, but because they weren't related to anything else, they became outdated and no one ran them anymore. To fix this, the devs lowered the overall damage and HP pools, tweaked the ability sets, and made the battles take fewer players (the FF equivalent of 4 instead of 8).

So basically, just have an alternate version of the battle that's a bit easier for people to handle.

If SE really wants people to be able to do Coil in the future, they're going to need to do something - and I do think it's fair that new players have a chance to play the storyline, given its relevance.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

the Ast changes.... holy fuck SE has no fucking clue. don't get me wrong the mp changes are great but its not enough. Sch will still have a stranglehold on the 2nd healer spot in harcore progression. wich will yet again trickle down to everyone else. either SE has no god damn fucking clue or they want a bianary system with one main and one sub healer(wich likely means rdm will be a dps healer) and fuck you to anyone that likes to run Whm/Ast. I love ast but I'm not interested in being main healer and I do a horrible 700 dps sustained as sch vs 900 as ast.
    Wouldn't AST be preferred over WHM? I mean AST brings so many options while WHM can only heal or dps.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Detzu View Post
    Wouldn't AST be preferred over WHM? I mean AST brings so many options while WHM can only heal or dps.
    Please see the AST thread for further details.

And hey, even 2 Hildy quests is better than none.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lujei View Post
    Unless players have an amazing, patient FC, they're never going to be able to learn the battles at this point and no amount of Echo is going to change their clear ability when T9 is all about memorization. Instead. SE should really just go the TERA-route for Coil instead of just piling on Echo buffs. The last MSQs had a high challenge in that game, with a larger party than normal, but because they weren't related to anything else, they became outdated and no one ran them anymore. To fix this, the devs lowered the overall damage and HP pools, tweaked the ability sets, and made the battles take fewer players (the FF equivalent of 4 instead of 8).

So basically, just have an alternate version of the battle that's a bit easier for people to handle.

If SE really wants people to be able to do Coil in the future, they're going to need to do something - and I do think it's fair that new players have a chance to play the storyline, given its relevance.
    But why make it faceroll easy? There's already a lack of midcore/top end content. Why not actually give really good incentives for taking new players through it properly (Synced)? Its nice that they have added the Music drops for Synced runs, but people will just roll in premade farm parties.

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    But why make it faceroll easy? There's already a lack of midcore/top end content. Why not actually give really good incentives for taking new players through it properly (Synced)? Its nice that they have added the Music drops for Synced runs, but people will just roll in premade farm parties.
    It was probably added for 3.0 players to DF it. Even during relic new players weren't actually doing the fights. Most of the time they were told to embrace the wall of hope. Not many PFs will be willing to teach them the fight.

Well that's what I assume.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I like to heal but not in the main healer role. I used to be a sch main but switched to Ast. I like the changes but i'm disappointed that SE didn't improve Ast's ability to fill in for a Sch. at this point I feel like the changes I want to see will never come. because instead of balancing all the healers/tanks to be interchangeable. it seems like they want a main/sub system. as a result war and sch will have a stranglehold on their positions until the expansion when SE adds sam as an analogue to war and red mage as an analogue to scholar,and noct only exists as a bandaid until then :/

I thought AST DPS was inflicted indirectly through sick card buffs. eg. Arrow on MNK, Balance on MNK, Spear on MNK, and so on MNK.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Arrow on BLM can be pretty fucking amazing paired with selene and leylines.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Arrow on BLM can be pretty fucking amazing paired with selene and leylines.
    But then you'll get witch-hunted!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've had enhanced arrow with selene/leylines, I about lost my shit as I didn't know what to do going so fast.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Please see the AST thread for further details.

And hey, even 2 Hildy quests is better than none.
    23 pages of reading... can't you just sum up why WHM is still preferred over AST? (I didn't play AST yet).