1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 3 hours, 7 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Game is running slower?! (not framerate)

I'm not even sure how to explain this because it's somewhat ridiculous.

Sometime this week, my XIV client has started running slower. (Win7, i5-3570k, GTX970 blah blah) What I mean is that things take longer and move more slowly.

For example, when I sprint the animation is noticeably slower. When I summon Eos (which tooltip says is 5.86s) my average time to fill the cast bar (over 10 timed casts) is 6.784s. Frequently I will teleport and just disappear near the end of the cast before the white circle animation happens.

Is this happening to anyone else? If not, does anyone have an idea for a timing-based test that would clearly show the problem (other than stopwatches)? The only real result so far is that I mess up my DPS rotations (and somehow get interrupted casts while stationary healing) because the timing is off.

edit: Here's an example. Virus is 90s cooldown; it does 10s of Virus followed by 60s of Antibody, so I should have 20s remaining on Virus cooldown when Antibody wears off, right?

The Antibody effect just disappears from the dummy while it's still reading 9s remaining on my screen, and I still have 28s left on my Virus cooldown. So you can see that my CD timers are also getting screwed by this issue.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Played with any overclock settings lately? Things have been same as usual here. Outside of low framerates (not happening with your card), tinkering with clock settings is the only thing I can think of that would muck with timings.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

No different here

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Played with any overclock settings lately? Things have been same as usual here. Outside of low framerates (not happening with your card), tinkering with clock settings is the only thing I can think of that would muck with timings.
    No clock changes. I believe I updated my video card driver earlier this week (and again just now), but other than that, no changes at all.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I had something very similar in league of legends recently - is your system clock showing the right time (is it out of sync by 1minute+) - I changed the time server to something other than windows time and it fixed it.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Problem solved!

I fired up GGXrd in Steam and that was also running slower. I noticed that over the last few days, the Windows startup screen (where the four colored globes smash into each other) was also slower and kind of jerky, and in the process of troubleshooting I unplugged all my USB junk and the globes were back to full speed; went back into the game and Virus works fine.

Apparently this was a problem with a USB 3.0 hub I have; whenever it was plugged it, the globes (and the game) were slow. I plugged it into a different USB port and now everything is great. So, um, yeah.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Maybe check the manufacturer's website for hub/mobo to see if there are 3.0 driver updates?