1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 18 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 7 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 2 hours, 18 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sephirot EX Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Few tips that cleaned it up for my group. Right after the 2nd jump have the tank move the boss back to the exact middle. There is plenty of time to do this correctly.

Green AoE comes out, stand on the bosses hit back next to the orb.

For the spread we do purple goes straight back. Bosses 6. Melee Behind. Tanks on flanks. Healers and ranged to the outside edges. Slight adjustments are needed but its simple.
    I like the sound of this actually. Cheers. Contextual directions seem to be in for this fight.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by jibini View Post
    Excessively detailed stuff:

1. The AoE that splits the arena with the orange/green orbs is sometimes listed in the chatlog as Gevurah Chesed and sometimes as Chesed Gevurah. Might be to do with which side is green and which side is orange, though I don't think it has any practical application to know which one it's using.

2. When Sephirot first brings his arm down onto the side of the arena, prior to sweeping it across during Ascension/Pillar of Severity, there's a smaller knockback and damage, which shows up in the chat log/pop-up damage text as Impact of Hod.
    (1) explains why I thought I recorded the move incorrectly the first time. I thought I was just terrible and wrote the word backwards. I'll add (2) since it's useful note. Thanks.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Maybe it's just the gear level difference, but yeah, wow, Sephirot makes Thordan look like a baby. I though Thordan was supposed to be "harder than the average Extreme Primal?" There's just a ton of incoming damage.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thordan Ex gives you tons of breaks between eyes going out and knights being summoned. Outside of learning how to handle the stacking/spreading of the phase mechanics as a group, there wasn't that much in terms of difficulty. SepEX's last phase is somewhat like Titan Ex where the mechanics dancing just keep coming on a steady beat and there's not much room for recovery with the current gear.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I agree, that's exactly what I was saying. ThordanEx is a lot more lenient when it comes to movement and healing. Sephirot isn't flexible at all at this gear level, he's pretty relentless. I just remember that SE was saying Thordan was harder than the standard Extreme Primal and that Sephirot would be easier. The reality is pretty much opposite. Maybe at 230?

I'm all for SE talking out of their ass in regards to stuff like Midas Savage andn ew primal fightsb eing dumbed down.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I don't know, Sephi once you learn the dance is pretty tame. There is zero RNG. ilvl will sure up the damage taken and more DPS means less mechanics as always.

Thordan had some RNG last phase with Eye, Tower, Dash placements.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yeah Seph feels really straightforward after you get through a full rotation a couple of times, the only spooky thing is if people get clowny with killing the adds at the end of the rotation. If people actually pace themselves and don't kill them as the colour aoe is going off there's not really anything scary you actually have to react to. Maybe it's a byproduct of the tank nerf but the DPS check on Seph feels a little stricter though, at least for now until people get some more gear. Groups shouldn't have any issues hitting the enrage with 8 people though as long as too many mistakes aren't being made.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I really think it's a gear issue more than anything at this point. 220-230 in most slots (so, next week) and its difficulty should drop considerably.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Yeah Seph feels really straightforward after you get through a full rotation a couple of times, the only spooky thing is if people get clowny with killing the adds at the end of the rotation. If people actually pace themselves and don't kill them as the colour aoe is going off there's not really anything scary you actually have to react to. Maybe it's a byproduct of the tank nerf but the DPS check on Seph feels a little stricter though, at least for now until people get some more gear. Groups shouldn't have any issues hitting the enrage with 8 people though as long as too many mistakes aren't being made.
    I wouldn't say the DPS check is strict. Right before my first clear, our Summoner dropped off the arena during the first Pillar of Mercy and we enraged at sub 10% with the remaining 7 members.

There are a lot of places in the fight where you can optimize DPS, just off the top of my head:
    -Put all players in the north part of the arena during the Da'at tethers, there's just barely enough room for everyone if you put one color on each side. My group ended up not doing this, but it 100% works and it's probably the biggest DPS increase you can have in the fight atm.
    -Don't put the melee in a shitty spot during Earthshakers while waiting for the markers/Yesod. My group used a combination of both of the diagrams posted here (melee in the front, ranged in the back).
    -Ranged don't need to stack for a lot of Yesods, don't force them to and just bank on your raid awareness.

It's a really fun fight to farm but I honestly didn't enjoy learning it, and it felt a lot harder than Thordan for me.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yeah plenty of room for tethers plus Orange players up front. The tethers explode before the Green circles get too big.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I didn't mean the DPS check was necessarily strict, just a lot tighter than Thordan was (which was a joke the day it came out). Just trying to draw a comparison between the two since we were talking about which was "harder". We were selling Thordan week 1 and still killing it way before enrage, I'm not in a hurry to do the same here although it's probably still easily done.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Guys i'm getting hit by first da'at for 30k damage in P3 even though i'm not a tank. It isn't splash damage, i'm all alone in front of boss. Why does this happen?

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

If it's the very first Da'at with tethers then it means that you have the physical debuff (orange) and no one is grabbing it off of you. If it's after the debuffs fall off then the tanks you're running with are losing threat and you're first on Seph's threat list. Da'at will always hit the first target the hardest and that is determined by who has threat on the boss.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

doesn't one of the tanks need to provoke sephirot to make sure that doesn't happen? I think iread it targets the person 2nd in the hate list or something along those lines.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

The big hit for Da'at will always go to the person that has the highest threat on Sephirot which should be the tank that was tanking him in Phase 1 unless they died. That's the main reason Da'at would go to anyone else unless the tank had such a small threat lead in Phase 1 and dropped their tank stance for all of the second half of the fight and ignored the threat meters.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is it common knowledge that the green orbs appear to stop dealing damage/debuff-stacks once they're fully expanded? You can run through them well before they visually explode to grab a tower in final phase.

I convinced myself the size of the mob would create an exception for autoattack, but the rules are the same as any other mob: it's not enough to be inside his hitbox to AA; you have to face his midpoint.

Melee will likely get up in his grill, but beware of lateral motion. While locked on inside his gargantuan hitbox, lateral movements will force an awkward diagonal backpedal and the compulsion is to unlock for mobility. Avoid doing this. Stay on the edge of the hitbox ring as often as possible. If you must travel inside, time your movements so you can go in a straight line towards his chest, then safely backpedal later (eg. intercepting tethers, Da'at + twisters).

Make liberal use of /facetarget and don't take your AA for

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Is it common knowledge that the green orbs appear to stop dealing damage/debuff-stacks once they're fully expanded? You can run through them well before they visually explode to grab a tower in final phase.
    As soon as they're full size or delayed a little after expanding? I guess I could try in p1 without dooming myself

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

It seems to highly revolve around server tic and not when they're at their full mass. On more than one occasion I have gotten vuln stacks in final phase on the third knockback into the green shit and on other occasions I don't get anything. I think it just depends when they appeared and when the server tic was being registered at that moment and that determines if you can or cannot safely enter them, which the only way that I know how to determine a server tic seems to be with TP regen which is what people used as indicators for A4S for when to sac.