1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 33 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 16 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -7 hours, -27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sephirot EX Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    As soon as they're full size or delayed a little after expanding? I guess I could try in p1 without dooming myself
    Just a split second after they're full sized. Managed to kill myself on one attempt last night going right as they fully expanded so I just played it a little more safe from there. Waiting for the four tether attacks to go off fully seems to be the safe point of being able to run through them in last phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    It seems to highly revolve around server tic and not when they're at their full mass. On more than one occasion I have gotten vuln stacks in final phase on the third knockback into the green shit and on other occasions I don't get anything.
    To me it feels like the server may be calculating the orbs ahead of the actual animation (which shouldn't be happening, the animation should always compensate for latency and be 'ahead' of the tic) since I've gotten tagged for a vuln stack before, despite clearly being out of the shit on my end.

On another note, fuck this fight currently. Just takes one person to make a mistake and it may as well be a reset at spots. Going to suggestsome safer strats for the groups I run with, particularly not baiting spires from the middle of the first fist knockback since someone always gets killed by the hand knockback somehow. I just don't have a decent landmark to have people bait the spires from, outside of a little left of the center of Sep's targeting ring.

Was wondering, for earthshakers, is melee range safe in the middle if the shaker targets spread to the left and right side of the arena, or will it clip people there? Been considering the alternative of baiting shakers to the left and straight down the center so the entire right side is clear to dps from if not.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yes you can stack up in the middle in melee range. You can do that and then run forward (inside the boss) when the pillar animation goes out and you won't get hit by the earthshakers. If your group still has random slip ups with it though you can do the retard proof strategy and have the healer go left (or right) and the DPS bait it straight down the middle, that way everyone else can just stack up at the free side and there's 0 risk on getting clipped.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I found out tonight that disable works on genesis. randomly tried it and it did a flat 9k an I was like oh that's interesting.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Disable worked on Mortal Revolution before they changed the effect from "next attack" to a duration. It seems it's one of the few attacks to work on Darkness damage.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So a couple tweaks later, had a successful farm with triple melee + MCH and was obliterating the poor guy, didn't even see the second round of knockbacks a few times prior to everyone having 220 weapons.

Starting to question the viability of bringing a caster to it at all. There's just so much movement involved at times that I can't see a BLM having fun maintaining enochian at all, even with deliberate use of aetherial manip. Is a bit fortunate I suppose that Midas Savage doesn't seem as movement intensive in comparison.

Interesting to hear about Disable working, so I'll throw that info onto my AST. Got bored and tried E4E and even that did nothing (is there ANYTHING in this fight that E4E is good for?). All I got as a SCH is galvanize. On that note, I do feel I'm overhealing the triple orb slam + 4 adds bit (lots of succors between everything), but better safe than sorry I suppose given slam + 3 adds blowing within two seconds is painful.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Take it from me, we just cleared A6S with Triple Melee and we are regretting going triple melee and not having someone learn caster - there are a surprising number of mechanics where having a second ranged makes them immensely easier. Not to mention there is almost a forced caster mechanic in a7s (physical resistant add in Fire Box), a melee CANNOT kill it in time; we've tried.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mirai Amariyo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Didn't see it mentioned anywhere so, quick question for ACT users.
    What are you guys using as the "idle" time setting to prevent the encounter from splitting during the Phase 2-3 transition?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

My encounter culling is always at 30 seconds.

Finally got the kill, however I feel I relied on HG too much as PLD to reliably enter farms on my WAR yet, feels that even though I move in the tower with the ads, I still get cliped by the spire.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by AlastorTGN View Post
    Finally got the kill, however I feel I relied on HG too much as PLD to reliably enter farms on my WAR yet, feels that even though I move in the tower with the ads, I still get cliped by the spire.

If you stand at one edge of the tower and run through the other side when the floor flashes green you will be fine. The key is to not stop just run straight out of the tower.

Doesn't the Tower burst coincide with the spire erupting out the ground, I don't want to leave the tower too soon. also, related to this, as PLD I learned how the hell you Sheltron the towers now and I feel super dumb, you have to face the centre of the explosion. :/

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Honestly even taking a hit from the spire shouldn't be an issue. You have vengeance up for the room aoe, the adds spells (if you don't LB them) and then the tower+spire, just sit in defiance for that bit and equilibrium yourself if you're not quite topped off for the tower/spire and even if you get hit you'll live.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Is it just me or sometimes the yellow flash doesn't show on screen? Is it a known issue?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by AlastorTGN View Post
    Doesn't the Tower burst coincide with the spire erupting out the ground, I don't want to leave the tower too soon.
    You shouldn't even be leaving the Fiendish Wail Towers for the Wail + Yesod combo during the adds portion. Do as Taint said: position at one edge and just run across to the opposite side (whilst still remaining inside the Tower hitbox) when the yellow flash goes off. If you're trying to mitigate Wail via blocks on PLD in that portion it's probably up to just spamming the fuck out of /facetarget as you move (I guess Sephirot would be the best choice as Binahs like to slide around eachother).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Any DRKs have a set of moves for those towers? Our group is just needing to clean the last aoe/towers/adds and it's home free for us. Drk just melts so quicky x:

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Any DRKs have a set of moves for those towers? Our group is just needing to clean the last aoe/towers/adds and it's home free for us. Drk just melts so quicky x:
    You could have your OT Provoke and eat the preceeding Da'at + Yesod I guess if it otherwise means blowing Shadow Wall/Shadowskin for it. It's never an issue for me to eat Da'ats for my DRK co-tank (on WAR) since I have so many options to mitigate it (and then mitigate-self heal through adds plus Wail later). As an aside, my DRK co-tank has used Sole Survivor on the Storm too, just for the heal (lol).

I guess Living Dead is an option too if everything else fails.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    DA Dark Mind first Da'at and Foresight the tower, Shadowskin the second Da'at + Tower, Shadow Wall the colour aoes + tower + adds. Can swap around first and second Da'at/tower CDs but you should save Shadow Wall for the last since it's the most incoming damage.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All right thanks o; also DRK is OT if it changes anything?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Oh, OT doesn't need to pop anything for Da'at. He can just use Foresight on one tower, Shadowskin on the next and then Grit+Shadow Wall the add tower. If add phase is still sketchy tell him to just Grit one of the towers with no CD (honestly you can eat it raw without tank stance too but I guess you can play it safe) and then use Shadowskin + Shadow Wall on the add one, but that's huge overkill and shouldn't be necessary.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Worked great, we went in tonight after being close last night, cleared 4 times in a row with no wipes then a few connection problems. Other than that fight much more of a snooze. Few people lucked out getting their weapons and already saw our double drops of AST weapon lol