1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 11 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -2 hours, -56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Request: Datamining red scrip new gear.

Neeeevermind.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Handmaster ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

They're horrible stats. Just CP/GP. No Control/Gather/etc.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

The new offhands may have a niche for the poor or ppl not wanting/needing to invest in the crafted 170's. Still, was pointed out even the i110 crafting accessories with a cp+3 meld would be on par with these accessories. Funny, yet sad.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So...these new accessories are convertible. Not desynthable, but people are theorizing they could be a decent source of tier 5 craft/gather materia. (also they're specifically "DoH" and "DoL" respectively, so can't gear up and go sb in dungeons.

and the new offhands are not convertible.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    So...these new accessories are convertible. Not desynthable, but people are theorizing they could be a decent source of tier 5 craft/gather materia. (also they're specifically "DoH" and "DoL" respectively, so can't gear up and go sb in dungeons.

But are red scripts for T5 crafting materia a decent tradeoff?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

That's gonna depend on a few things. They really didn't increase the DoH tier 5 supply other than "raising the rate on transmutation", I've seen command V's on sarg sold @ 8m. A ring is only 3 scrips vs 6 for neck/ear/wrist, so you could just do those. It at least brings them past being "totally garbage".

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

That's gonna depend on a few things. They really didn't increase the DoH tier 5 supply other than "raising the rate on transmutation", I've seen command V's on sarg sold @ 8m. A ring is only 3 scrips vs 6 for neck/ear/wrist, so you could just do those. It at least brings them past being "totally garbage".
    How big is that transmutation buff, anyway?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

No idea, people went nuts inflating t4 crap materia despite the fact that t5's became easier to get so I haven't tried many. It was something like 1% before though and I doubt they've made it any more than 5%.

Also part of what'll make this worth it or not is how much time you have, I've been capping scrips on 3 characters for quite a while and have a backlog of scrips, and even if I didn't using all my scrips to farm favor mats would take about 13.5 hours a week; there's no way I'm going to actually do that.

Not sure about the i180 accs, but I sb'd and converted an i170 Astral Birch Ring, it gave me a t4 materia.. took like 60-90m of gathering branches, with sb pot + sb fc action II buff. Annoyin af for a t4 materia. I'd try thhe i180 accs, but not sure if they'd even get any xp off those nodes.

EDIT::

Just transmuted some materias.. got 3 lvl 5s out of around 20 attempts. None crafters/gatherers sadly

2nd EDIT::

the welfare i180 rings dont even bind with 1 star crafts... made a few seafood stews, SB% never even went to 1%

They did bind with 2 star crafts.. but shit, 10 Camphors later and its still at 1%