+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98
    Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My ORAS Battle Maison mons got me through the Battle Dome pretty fast and I got the Knot and the Stone with BP... before I realized I didn't have access to an IV checker.

So the only pokemon game I played previously was back on a "lost & found" original gameboy 17 years ago at my first job.

I started playing Moon this past weekend and ended up getting a shiny Wigglytuff from what looks like a German streamer via wonder trade. Gives me a good reason to finish the game, so I can make use of her.

Trying to decide if I want to actually start reading up on IVs, EVs, or just play the damn game lol.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Mrf View Post
    So the only pokemon game I played previously was back on a "lost & found" original gameboy 17 years ago at my first job.

I started playing Moon this past weekend and ended up getting a shiny Wigglytuff from what looks like a German streamer via wonder trade. Gives me a good reason to finish the game, so I can make use of her.

Trying to decide if I want to actually start reading up on IVs, EVs, or just play the damn game lol.
    Finish the game first; I wanted to start grinding Battle Dome way before I should be doing it because I could do it using my old Pokemon. I only wanted to do that because I wanted to start breeding perfect Pokemon asap, but breeding is really an activity that is meant for post-game. As I just learned, you need to finish the main story to start breeding perfect Pokemon in these games because the "IV judge" who tells you if your Pokemon have perfect stats isn't available until post-game.

Also breeding is only important because I'm a min-max player and I didn't want to waste effort leveling "regular" Pokemon through my playthrough. Unless you are going to play ranked matches or something, you don't need worry about how good your team's IV/EV/natures/etc are.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It seems like I got into this after a lot of people's interests waned, but if anyone wants I have a bunch of breedjects (high IVs but imperfect spreads) of Drought Vulpix, Snow Warning Vulpix-A, Magikarp, Bagon, and Rough Skin Gible. Also got some with perfect IVs (either 6/6 or 5/6 with the correct spread) but that didn't get the HA. I have a lot of Vulpix with incorrect natures (needed to drop the Everstone in order to get Alola variants)

I'll be wonder trading them next time I get a WT bonus in the Festival Plaza, but they're free until then.

I'll will have breedject Charmander, Gastly, Multiscale Dratini, Skill Link Shellder, and Mimikyu over the next few weeks as I decide on my team and figure out which mons I need to recreate with the Gen VII cross.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lrak Sevenspears
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon - November 18, 2016

Just got Moon version, not played since Gold so a lot of info to take in. Have got a couple of questions about serebii iv calculator if I could pm someone?

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

When you're early in the game, there's not much point trying to use the calculator to catch high IV Pokemon. When Pokemon are low level, the bonus stats from IVs won't show themselves. It's with higher level the Pokemon, that the calculator can reliably tell you the IVs.

Moreover, the IV calculator is only useful for legendaries that you can't breed where you only have one shot to get good IVs (less important because you can hyper train a Pokemon to perfect stats) or a particular IV spread (to get certain Hidden Powers). Breeding will always be the fastest and most efficient way to get good IVs on any non-exclusive Pokemons.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lrak Sevenspears
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ahh that info helps, thanks. Guess I won't worry about it too much then until I get to being be able to breed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Also high SOS chaining, once you leave the first island, is how you should look to catch base mons with high IVs and Hidden Abilities. After 30 chains, there is a guarantee that the Pokemon has four max IVs. Combine this with a 4 IV Ditto plus some luck to get a 5 IV offspring with the bad IV in a slot you can tolerate. If you need a 6 IV, you breed two 5 IVs and pray.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I have this itching feeling in the back of my head that it's Detective Pikachu...

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tetsaru Arigashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Random question, has anyone had trouble logging into the Pokemon Global Link site lately? For the past couple of weeks (wanting to say since the 1.2 update), there's been a maintenance message where the login text bars should be, and there's no way for me to log in. Searching around on Google revealed that a few people on Reddit and GameFAQ's were also having a similar issue, but no one knows how to fix it, or is stuck in "send a report ticket/automated responses" hell. I'd like to be able to get my mega-stones from the April event...

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Does anyone have Speed Boost Venipedes or have a Venipede Friend Safari on their Gen VI? I've got a ton of Gen VII cross fodder to trade you. 5IV or near perfect Speed Boost Torchics with Baton Pass, Bagons, Gibles, Magikarp, Drought and Snow Warning Vulpix...

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    Random question, has anyone had trouble logging into the Pokemon Global Link site lately? For the past couple of weeks (wanting to say since the 1.2 update), there's been a maintenance message where the login text bars should be, and there's no way for me to log in. Searching around on Google revealed that a few people on Reddit and GameFAQ's were also having a similar issue, but no one knows how to fix it, or is stuck in "send a report ticket/automated responses" hell. I'd like to be able to get my mega-stones from the April event...
    I get the issue sometimes, but usually restarting my 3DS wireless from the side rectifies the problem.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Does anyone have Speed Boost Venipedes or have a Venipede Friend Safari on their Gen VI? I've got a ton of Gen VII cross fodder to trade you. 5IV or near perfect Speed Boost Torchics with Baton Pass, Bagons, Gibles, Magikarp, Drought and Snow Warning Vulpix...

I get the issue sometimes, but usually restarting my 3DS wireless from the side rectifies the problem.
    I have a speed boost venipede that I can give you. I don't need anything in particular in return. I just need your friend code and we can trade when you're free.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tetsaru Arigashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm not sure I understand your solution; that switch just turns on/off the 3DS's wireless communications, right?

This is what I'm encountering:

Spoiler: show

There should be a login bar where that "due to current maintenance, you can't log in..." message is. It's been like that for days now. I'm trying to log in from my PC so I can get the code for the Blaziken/Swampert/Sceptile Mega-Stones from last April's online event (as displayed on the bottom right) before they expire. And yes, I already have an account; I've been able to get the Mega-Stones from other events without incident so far.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your solution; that switch just turns on/off the 3DS's wireless communications, right?

This is what I'm encountering:

Spoiler: show

There should be a login bar where that "due to current maintenance, you can't log in..." message is. It's been like that for days now. I'm trying to log in from my PC so I can get the code for the Blaziken/Swampert/Sceptile Mega-Stones from last April's online event (as displayed on the bottom right) before they expire. And yes, I already have an account; I've been able to get the Mega-Stones from other events without incident so far.
    Oh I thought you were having issues with your 3DS connecting to PGL services in game.

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian View Post
    I have a speed boost venipede that I can give you. I don't need anything in particular in return. I just need your friend code and we can trade when you're free.
    3368-5144-1019

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

3368-5144-1019
    I'll be online in the festival plaza for a while if you want to send a trade request.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Shiny Tapu Koko available through Mystery Gift:
    http://tapukoko.pokemontcg.com/en-us/

Serves as a great reminder to actually beat this game.. if you stopped playing.. not that I'm pointing fingers.. at myself >.>

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I actually got a shiny Tapu Koko through wonder trade way back when. Might as well go get another ¯\_(ツ)_/¯