Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Nuh-uh, Grandpa 6 says Blue & Red are still the best. Still get played on my Gameboy Pocket & Super Gameboy.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Would second the or/as remakes as a good jumping in point. I hadn't played since the original ruby/sapphire, and had no problem jumping into this gen. X/Y on the other hand feel kind of clunky, despite being current gen.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Fuck off. Gold & Silver are the best.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Fuck off. Gold & Silver are the best.
    This is the truth.

But it's definitely not going to stop me from picking up Red tomorrow~

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Miyamoto just won:

https://twitter.com/RealShigeruM/sta...73830118121472

99% sure its a joke account

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The Red/Blue/Yellow games are literally just re-releases right? If so I'll probably skip them since I A) still have working Red and Yellow cartridges and B) I have a Shiny Arcanine that's been with me since ...Ruby? If he can't go, I don't go.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I still haven't played much of Y, just couldn't get into it. I bet Yellow will fix me and then I'll blow through Y collect shit and get Sun/Moon. Got a mew now anyway woooooooo.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Wasn't there a "unknown region" mentioned during ORAS? Where what's her face was from in Delta Episode?

I'm kind of torn though. I want them to bring back the individuality of the XY main trainers, but I like the intentionally designed main trainers of the other games. Hopefully they find the right mix.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No way to transfer old Pokemon to new games due to IV/EV changes, no personality value, etc. Im willing to bet a lot of back end changes to the game so it still plays like rby, but with stuff to make it work with new games. (Probably means all those glitches are gone)

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    No way to transfer old Pokemon to new games due to IV/EV changes, no personality value, etc. Im willing to bet a lot of back end changes to the game so it still plays like rby, but with stuff to make it work with new games. (Probably means all those glitches are gone)
    Are you talking about the RBY eshop versions? They specifically mentioned that all the glitches and bugs are intact. The only changes they made were to trading/battling and apparently the bank stuff.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    Are you talking about the RBY eshop versions? They specifically mentioned that all the glitches and bugs are intact. The only changes they made were to trading/battling and apparently the bank stuff.
    They goddamn better. It's just not gen1 without missingno.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I gotta say, Pokemon is knocking it out of the park with all this 20th year anniversary publicity. I had no idea so many Pikachu plushies existed. I kind of want one >_>;;

Also:

How can you hate that? I'm sure when Ice Cube was writing that song, that's exactly what he envisioned it'd be used for 2 decades later.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    Oh wow. Color me impressed then. But they still must have done something to allow forward trading. Theres a dude that's been trying to engineer gen 1/2 -> 3 trading for a while now, and having a lot of hidden values in gen1 without showing it/doing anything different in gen 1 would fix that.

Either way, how are they gonna fix effort? You can get 255 effort in every stat in gen1/2 so.. how are they gonna address that? D: "Your stats might be lowered somehow Im sorry for the inconvenience."

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I gotta say, Pokemon is knocking it out of the park with all this 20th year anniversary publicity. I had no idea so many Pikachu plushies existed. I kind of want one >_>;;
    I have a ~20 inch Pikachu that sits on my nightstand I got from Japanese store at Epcot. Room is so modern and adult, then theres Pikachu. Fiancée let me get it ad a souvenir. It was either him or one of the 20 inch 200$ zelda toys.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Build a bear pikachu or nothing. lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

For 20 years, Pokémon has delighted millions of fans of all ages and has become one of the most successful entertainment brands in the world. During today’s Pokémon Direct presentation, Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and CEO of The Pokémon Company, announced Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, the newest additions to a legendary series that has sold more than 275 million video games since the debut of Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green in 1996 for the Game Boy system in Japan. Developed by GAME FREAK inc., Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon will be launching late 2016 exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems and, for the first time, will offer Traditional and Simplified Chinese as language options.

“The Pokémon core series games are the centre of the Pokémon universe and provide some of the most memorable Pokémon moments for our fans,” said J.C. Smith, senior director of Consumer Marketing at The Pokémon Company International. “I can’t wait to see what fans think of the new adventures they’ll find in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.”

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon will also have Pokémon Bank functionality. This online storage application will make it possible for fans to move Pokémon wirelessly from Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow, which come to the Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS on February 27, to Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. Pokémon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y can also be transferred to Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon through Pokémon Bank.
    http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-vi...-pokemon-moon/

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Some kids are watching that thinking, "What is that black cord attached to that pair of retro 3ds..."

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Omniyoji View Post
    Some kids are watching that thinking, "What is that black cord attached to that pair of retro 3ds..."
    fuck you

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

I'm totally in. I just couldn't get into OR AS like I did XY.I still haven't finished OR. My dex is nearly complete in X.

So hoping for a freaking awesome Moon legendary. I need a partner legendary for my Suicune collection. Well, I collect Lugia and Reshiram but on the side.

The announcement was so underwhelming though. I wanna see some concept mons! Something! (Other than the wire mesh bird.)

Wonder if RBY are available for download yet... I don't know if I could make it through Red like I did back in the day. The new experience share is just too good. I still have RBY and GS. I transferred my Charizard from Red to Silver. Was always sad I couldn't bring all my originals over to the new games though.

Jesus christ... 20 years. Given it took a few years to come state side, I can't believe it's been that long. I was 13, in 8th grade, when Pokemon came out. I'll be 31 this year.