Page 32 of 98 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Tyrantrum definitely is the best design I've seen so far in Y.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Does anyone have an extra perfect Ditto? lol >_>

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Going down memory lane, unearthing my ancient collection of Nintendo handhelds. DS Lite and GBA SP are so goddamn tiny now.

Not that I plan on really replaying them, but I found Ruby, FireRed, Diamond, Pearl, HeartGold, and JP Black as well as a original fat DS (that can play the JP Black) and a DS Lite (which, last I remember ~4 years ago, had a dying bottom screen), in addition to my current Y + 3DS. Found 2 chargers for the fat/GBA SP but I guess I misplaced my DS Lite charger or lost it somewhere so I may have to buy a new one

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Does anyone have an extra perfect Ditto? lol >_>
    There are subreddits where you can make a request, I don't remember them but it should be easy.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    There are subreddits where you can make a request, I don't remember them but it should be easy.
    I already got one, thanks though!

42% done with national dex... shiny charm, you will be mine :D

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

I dont see digital download preorder available. Is digital download usually open on launch day? or before?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

digital preorder/predowload isn't usually until a few weeks before launch on the eshop. Only for select titles but ORAS was one when it lauched so safe to assume Sun/Moon will be too. Game is available to DL/play at midnight EST (pretty sure) of the launch day otherwise.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Trying to come to a decision on whether to get Omega Ruby or skip and go from Y to Sun. From what I've gathered I don't really see anything newly added in ORAS that I really want to use (as far as new Megas and forms go), and competitively it doesn't seem (on the surface) that ORAS is significantly any better or worse in regards to raising and breeding. The main thing I'd be missing out on is the move tutors... which might be reason enough actually.

I'm kind of curious how Bank is gonna work with 6 and 7. I had a couple theories that both have reasons/evidence they could happen:

1) The XY <-> ORAS treatment: Transfer will be allowed forward and backwards from 6 to/from 7, but can't bring anything from 7 into 6 (or anything ORAS into XY, like it is now).

2) Transporter: The Pokemon Transporter app could also just be updated to send gen6 to gen7 in the same way gen5 was sent to gen6; can't return to the old gen and can't bring items.

The gray area here is that we can reasonably assume Bank will function with 7. So does that mean everyone gets a 6 bank and a 7 bank? This is what makes me think option 1 is not impossible, even though option 2 sounds more likely. And in my case I feel like whether or not I get ORAS it makes anything beyond assembling a squad of good IV'd Dittos kind of superfluous. Not a lot of point in grinding a billion BP for items if I can't carry them forward.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Trying to come to a decision on whether to get Omega Ruby or skip and go from Y to Sun. From what I've gathered I don't really see anything newly added in ORAS that I really want to use (as far as new Megas and forms go), and competitively it doesn't seem (on the surface) that ORAS is significantly any better or worse in regards to raising and breeding. The main thing I'd be missing out on is the move tutors... which might be reason enough actually.

I'm kind of curious how Bank is gonna work with 6 and 7. I had a couple theories that both have reasons/evidence they could happen:

1) The XY <-> ORAS treatment: Transfer will be allowed forward and backwards from 6 to/from 7, but can't bring anything from 7 into 6 (or anything ORAS into XY, like it is now).

2) Transporter: The Pokemon Transporter app could also just be updated to send gen6 to gen7 in the same way gen5 was sent to gen6; can't return to the old gen and can't bring items.

The gray area here is that we can reasonably assume Bank will function with 7. So does that mean everyone gets a 6 bank and a 7 bank? This is what makes me think option 1 is not impossible, even though option 2 sounds more likely. And in my case I feel like whether or not I get ORAS it makes anything beyond assembling a squad of good IV'd Dittos kind of superfluous. Not a lot of point in grinding a billion BP for items if I can't carry them forward.
    Well for what it's worth ORAS for me was a lot more fun than XY. I haven't finished Y (need to do elite 4), but playing it after ORAS was a step down for me. The dex nav in ORAS was just amazing and something I've always wanted from the series. No longer did I have to play with a guide to know what was where. If this feature were to be removed from SM I would probably not like it much. That aside it's pretty much same same (oh I forgot eon flute too but that's w/e).

As for the PokeBank question. You're over thinking it. It's going to be option 1 as you stated. I doubt they would update the transporter app.

Also what I really want to know is how gen 1 is going to work with PokeBank.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The dexnav is a huge plus to ORAS. Anything you can find in the wild can have it's HA.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah, I liked ORAS much more than XY as well.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Omniyoji View Post
    As for the PokeBank question. You're over thinking it. It's going to be option 1 as you stated. I doubt they would update the transporter app.

Also what I really want to know is how gen 1 is going to work with PokeBank.
    Only reason I overthink it is it would be a series first if a Pokemon could go backwards between two generations. Unless it gets flagged somehow for "no return".

e: Looking closer it definitely does seem like ORAS has a lot more nice QoL things, like Blissey secret bases or flying everywhere and stuff. Think I will pick it up.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

There was a kalos flag for pokemon found in X/Y so there will probably be one in sun and moon too. They could just use that as a way to prevent pokemon from Gen 7 being taken out to Gen 6 games. It's likely pokemon from older gens will have new moves, TMs/HMs that can't be transferred back to Gen 6 as well. There was similar restrictions when trading between gen 1 and gen 2.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Wow I thought DexNav was gonna be a postgame thing, not just handed to you the second you get the 'dex. This is pretty awesome. Nostalgia tripping over original Ruby too. Glad I went for OR after all. Torchic and Zigzagoon ready to journey forth.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

As far as QoL stuff, here is what I've found between XY and ORAS (for people who might still be curious).

For leveling, Blissey secret bases are the absolute shit. It's so, so easy to level pokemon to 100 with those. No muss no fuss. Especially nice for me because I quit at this step for my eeveelutions team in XY, I don't have the patience to level up "the old way" I guess.

For breeding, again ORAS wins, but only by a hair. You can no longer just slide a penny underneath your analog stick to hatch eggs like you can in XY but if you can figure out a way to keep the up arrow on your Dpad pressed down you can achieve the same thing in ORAS (otherwise you have to hold the button manually which is what I'm doing currently). The daycare and IV checker being right next to each other are a total boon as well.

Getting elemental stones and money is significantly more annoying in ORAS in my opinion. The only good and fast way to get stones in ORAS is super training, whereas you can straight up buy the common types in XY. If you don't care much for super training (like me) you're pretty SOL because the other methods (stealing from undersea clams, rebattling trainers who never give out their fucking items, trying to get secret base dudes to make them) are way too time consuming and hit or miss. There might be an easy way to get pokeyen in ORAS aside from a Smeargle with a bunch of money moves but if so I haven't found it. Meanwhile, it rains money constantly in XY.

I haven't hit up the move tutors yet so I dunno about their advantages. But there are a lot of them in ORAS.

ORAS DexNav is amazing. When you chain, it will tell you how many IVs the pokemon you're hunting has. You can target specific Pokemon to search for and only encounter those if you really feel like it. Supposedly gives you a better chance for shinys during chains, but half the shiny hunters seem to not believe this while the other half do. Either way, a very useful tool and I hope there is something like it in Sun/Moon.

Mirage islands, on the other hand, are far more annoying than XY's Friend Safari for filling out your pokedex. If you want to hunt a specific pokemon and the mirage island it pops on isn't up, you have to get lucky enough to spotpass someone who has it or just wait for a day it does show up for you. I know they wanted to include the mirage island since it is a remake but honestly I just don't enjoy that system whatsoever. And a lot of the important TMs (like Substitute) are only found on Mirage islands in ORAS so good fucking luck finding them if you want to get into battling right away.

I was mildly disappointed that there are no trainer customization tools in ORAS. It's not a big deal to customize your character but it does make me feel more like it's "my" character and not just a copypasted model everyone uses. Not a huge point but for someone starting out X&Y are far more user friendly and hand-holding. Actually in my current Y playthrough I'm getting pretty annoyed at how much all these fuckers following me around remind me of Clippy...or Navi.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

If only held items got transferred through the bank

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I've never had an issue with the elemental stones in ORAS. I put 5 trainers that could find them in my base, so 10 chances per day. Roughly 60% turn out to be elemental. I have tons and tons of every type from when I was doing flags for my last mega stone.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    As far as QoL stuff, here is what I've found between XY and ORAS (for people who might still be curious).

For leveling, Blissey secret bases are the absolute shit. It's so, so easy to level pokemon to 100 with those. No muss no fuss. Especially nice for me because I quit at this step for my eeveelutions team in XY, I don't have the patience to level up "the old way" I guess.

For breeding, again ORAS wins, but only by a hair. You can no longer just slide a penny underneath your analog stick to hatch eggs like you can in XY but if you can figure out a way to keep the up arrow on your Dpad pressed down you can achieve the same thing in ORAS (otherwise you have to hold the button manually which is what I'm doing currently). The daycare and IV checker being right next to each other are a total boon as well.

Getting elemental stones and money is significantly more annoying in ORAS in my opinion. The only good and fast way to get stones in ORAS is super training, whereas you can straight up buy the common types in XY. If you don't care much for super training (like me) you're pretty SOL because the other methods (stealing from undersea clams, rebattling trainers who never give out their fucking items, trying to get secret base dudes to make them) are way too time consuming and hit or miss. There might be an easy way to get pokeyen in ORAS aside from a Smeargle with a bunch of money moves but if so I haven't found it. Meanwhile, it rains money constantly in XY.

I haven't hit up the move tutors yet so I dunno about their advantages. But there are a lot of them in ORAS.

ORAS DexNav is amazing. When you chain, it will tell you how many IVs the pokemon you're hunting has. You can target specific Pokemon to search for and only encounter those if you really feel like it. Supposedly gives you a better chance for shinys during chains, but half the shiny hunters seem to not believe this while the other half do. Either way, a very useful tool and I hope there is something like it in Sun/Moon.

Mirage islands, on the other hand, are far more annoying than XY's Friend Safari for filling out your pokedex. If you want to hunt a specific pokemon and the mirage island it pops on isn't up, you have to get lucky enough to spotpass someone who has it or just wait for a day it does show up for you. I know they wanted to include the mirage island since it is a remake but honestly I just don't enjoy that system whatsoever. And a lot of the important TMs (like Substitute) are only found on Mirage islands in ORAS so good fucking luck finding them if you want to get into battling right away.

I was mildly disappointed that there are no trainer customization tools in ORAS. It's not a big deal to customize your character but it does make me feel more like it's "my" character and not just a copypasted model everyone uses. Not a huge point but for someone starting out X&Y are far more user friendly and hand-holding. Actually in my current Y playthrough I'm getting pretty annoyed at how much all these fuckers following me around remind me of Clippy...or Navi.
    This is wrong you can do this in ORAS also,http://gaming.stackexchange.com/ques...e-city-tower-i

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

All this talk was too much for me, went out and got OR and X.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lol