Battalion recaptures the intensity of classic multiplayer shooters, revitalizing the WW2 genre on PC & Console using Unreal Engine 4

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...944-pc-xb1-ps4

Lead designer: It's something we want to play and something that doesn't exist.
Battalion is a WWII FPS which is being made by a team of developers who like us have grown up playing medal of honor and COD2, and have since been exposed to this barrage of spoon fed FPS games with ridiculous kill streaks and silly complicated game mechanics. They like us want to strip all that crap away and bring back the good old fashioned cold steel feel skill based fps game we grew up with and absolutely love.
Maps are designed around skill-based infantry combat. Counterstrike, Day of Defeat, COD II, games that took raw skill to be good at.

This game is designed by developers, ex-modders, and ex-esports professionals to not only bring back the type of game they grew up with and loved, but bring back a true competitive type of environment that has been lost in the last decade of FPS games.

They blew away their original goal in a matter of days and added a ton of stretch goals. Basically, while it's going to be a while for release, you can nab the game for around $21 and any more than that gets you early access, beta, and other perks. Check it out. I'm pretty hard on this game and I thought I'd pass the word around.