+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Stardew Valley     submit to reddit submit to twitter

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

On the note of planning...

Was watching my sister play and tfw when you have something set to mature in 2 days and it pops over to the next season.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Just started this today (thanks to jackass Zetanio) and played for a bit. It has an incredible charm where I can see it keeping people playing. For me, not sure how long this will hold my attention, but the charm and music is definitely there.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    (thanks to jackass Zetanio)
    Bitch pls

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Almost nowhere.
    That's good to know I'm in about the same boat. I've cleared a good chunk of space but only planted some basic stuff. I prioritized exploring the area and saving up the 2k for a bigger bag. Made a chest to store junk in because having 0 inventory blows. Just missing one last person still for the intro quest and can't figure out who it is. This game is so chock full of stuff and no DLC or pay-to-play in sight, it's just wonderful.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

If you check your relationship tab on the pause menu it will show who you have/haven't talked to.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Bitch pls
    <3

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Bout to deep dive into this and see how I like this type of game.

I don't quite understand how this winery is working. It looks like they are all the same trees, but that would mean you'd only get money during one season: http://imgur.com/6O7wubC

Or do all of the fruit trees look alike? I don't think it's worth it to replant every season, given how long trees take to grow. Also, I don't quite see how he's using that many barrels if only 1/3 are producing fruit + greenhouse.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Bout to deep dive into this and see how I like this type of game.

I don't quite understand how this winery is working. It looks like they are all the same trees, but that would mean you'd only get money during one season: http://imgur.com/6O7wubC

Or do all of the fruit trees look alike? I don't think it's worth it to replant every season, given how long trees take to grow. Also, I don't quite see how he's using that many barrels if only 1/3 are producing fruit + greenhouse.
    I would guess he is mainly producing wine with whatever he grows in the greenhouse (probably starfruit or ancient fruit or whatever the most expensive fruit is). No idea how many plants a greenhouse can contain though as I haven't unlocked it yet. Green house + winery is probably the optimal way to get money though. Bee houses are pretty good but it seems like you can't plant very good flowers to pollinate in the spring which is a problem I'm having right now. I am working hard towards completing my green house but I need summer to roll around again so I can finish it up.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Once you can get Q. Sprinklers, are the 3x3 plots worth the extra man labor to water, or wait until Iridium sprinklers to do that again? If you want full Q Sprinkler coverage, you can't do those plots, so far as I can tell, which means you can't get the big crop harvest results (rare as they may be)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Started my Blueberry Empire tonight; 80 seeds planted and watered just at midnight. Can't wait to put in the L2 sprinklers and really rake in the dough. Probably can't get that going until the Spa, so I can double up on energy and get the iron ores from the mine. Hell, with this many crops, I may just buy those iron ore, from the blacksmith.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I foraged so many fuckin spring berries off of the bushes. Pretty great since they give you some energy. Had so many I decided to give them out to everybody for gifts. Almost everyone hated them, except Pam that fat low-class bitch. Thanks Pam, you don't even have a shut-off room to access.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Buy a lot of salads from the bar. Keep a stack on you and gift gift gift.

Everyone loves em.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    Planted an Apple tree at the end of Spring so that it would be ready by Fall and by the 11th day in Summer it was missing. Wtf could have happened to it?
    was a while ago, but if it was raining the day before, then lightning zapped the tree out of existance.

bugs ive encountered have been npcs accepting quest items as gifts. making me wait til the next day to complete it or sometimes making the quest impossible to complete. like getting married. the singles life for me.

BG Level

Is there any benefit to relations? I only increase mine through tasks.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Wife occasionally waters the plants that are all automated now.

You can hug her.

That's p much it.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

They send you recipes and items occasionally.

Keep in mind that as long as you know the recipe for the food, you do not need to unlock it.

EDIT: What Zet said for spouses. They also fix fences, feed barn animals and cook on occasion.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

they will also give your pet water, produce offspring to annoy you with (up to two), and the real benefit is to give u a Stardrop fruit at 13-14 hearts. which increase you max energy by 25 points i think.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

500k sales already. Goddamn.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by fattucus View Post
    they will also give your pet water, produce offspring to annoy you with (up to two), and the real benefit is to give u a Stardrop fruit at 13-14 hearts. which increase you max energy by 25 points i think.
    Given this and what Blackrose/Zetanio said, I guess I better start buttering up to my neighbors.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by fattucus View Post
    was a while ago, but if it was raining the day before, then lightning zapped the tree out of existance.
    I suspect that was the case. I have walked in on my farm and heard lightning and what sounded like a tree falling over and thought maybe that happened but wasn't certain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast