+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Stardew Valley     submit to reddit submit to twitter

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Finished the mine up today, and I have 35 plots of 8 crops, watered by a Q. Sprinkler, ready to go for the fall. Fertilized, those should make me about double the 100K I did this summer, for a fraction of the work I put into it. I have a full Silo, so I may try my hand at animals and see how it goes, so I can start working on their items; I'd finally be able to incubate dat dinosaur egg I found. Dunno if I want to work towards another plot of 35, as that's a butt-load of mining.

Stupid dog fell asleep inside, while it was raining, and blocked me from being able to get to my bed, which made me collapse.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Stupid dog fell asleep inside, while it was raining, and blocked me from being able to get to my bed, which made me collapse.....
    Lock him outside in a fence.

broke down and bought it... loving it

However, I feel like my eyes are bugging out after a while... my res is set to 1080p, but everything is too damn big... just me?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Is it full screen? Idk how it scales when you're not full screen, but the game pauses when it's not in focus so it's nbd to go full screen if you got more than one monitor.

Yup, got it. No idea why the setting was different.

Thanks

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

My screen tears in full screen but not windowed full screen. Using the game options and tring to make the screen resolution zoom out puts a black box on the outside edge.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Well after reading about this game here and seeing a few friends playing it I installed it and now it owns my life, thanks BG.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

A friend told me over the weekend that he fell into this black hole and convinced me to throw money at it. I'm only on Day 22 Spring 1 but man, I keep finding stuff to do and distracting myself. Fishing is pretty great even if I cannot figure out how to bait my rod. Farming is similar enough to Harvest Moon that I have an idea of what I'm doing. And I just finally found the mine last night, so now I'm digging into the combat/mining stuff. I had no idea there even WAS a monster thing in the game, since there's no visible health bar until you unlock it. I wondered if the "health" thing was an unseen number encompassing hunger or thirst or something. So many wasted fish.

I just picked up my 36 storage pack. I'm going to be the most slacker "farmer" the world has ever known.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Fishing is pretty great even if I cannot figure out how to bait my rod. Farming is similar enough to Harvest Moon that I have an idea of what I'm doing.
    The initial rod doesn't let you put on bait or lures. The next upgrade lets you bait, but not use lures, and the iridium rod lets you do both. At 7.5K, the Iridium rod is a great buy as fish bite really fast. Lures do wear out though, so keep that in mind.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Hit detection on flying serpents is just ass and makes me take way too much damage in the skull mines. This is especially true when they come from the top/bottom of the screen; you're basically taking damage no matter when you swing your sword.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Well after reading about this game here and seeing a few friends playing it I installed it and now it owns my life, thanks BG.
    ditto ;;

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Hit detection on flying serpents is just ass and makes me take way too much damage in the skull mines. This is especially true when they come from the top/bottom of the screen; you're basically taking damage no matter when you swing your sword.
    I have no problem, just gotta make sure you move your mouse to match the direction. Worked for me every time.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I use a controller, but even so, when I'm facing it straight up or down, it's noticeably different then when I face it left or right. Maybe it's the Lava sword? Dunno which one you're using.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

So I heard the developer of this game has stated they intend to provide free expansions/addons? Is this info legit?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

So I got a treasure chest from a fish that contained both a diamond and a glow ring that gives me a constant decently large light radius. It's great for the mines. I think the most addicting part of the game is the random element. Never know what you're gonna get.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Fuck catfish and their flippy floppy speedy burst movement.

Just got to summer last night, planted my tiny bit of recurring crops and am intending on digging into the mine as much as I can for the season. I just hit floor 35. Might alternate mining days with fishing days to keep some income coming, I'm going to need the steel upgrades eventually and that's another 20k all told.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Since I only had one rainy day in Spring, and missed out on one fish, I couldn't get my greenhouse in year one, so for summer, I focused on getting enough gold/iron/quarts to make about 35 Q. Sprinklers, while I manually maintained my blueberry patches. I had to go to the Sauna ever day to have the energy to do so. Come summer, I never had to water my cranberry plants, and that let me do pretty much whatever I wanted/needed to get done. Now, in Winter, I've built up my barnyard/coop and cleared out my farm of most everything but some trees, to keep my wood supply going. Not exactly sure what I'll do, come spring, but I've got the cash and materials to do about 100 plots of Q. Sprinklers of whatever I decide to do.

not sure if anyone else noticed this, but for the watering can at least, you can charge it up ala rune factory to water a larger area, once you've started upgrading it. i know the copper can does a 1x3 area in front of you.

might be a nice way to conserve energy, or at the very least, save time.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    not sure if anyone else noticed this, but for the watering can at least, you can charge it up ala rune factory to water a larger area, once you've started upgrading it. i know the copper can does a 1x3 area in front of you.

might be a nice way to conserve energy, or at the very least, save time.
    The higher levels of cans have a LARGE area.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    So I heard the developer of this game has stated they intend to provide free expansions/addons? Is this info legit?
    Yes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast