+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Stardew Valley     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Since I only had one rainy day in Spring, and missed out on one fish, I couldn't get my greenhouse in year one, so for summer, I focused on getting enough gold/iron/quarts to make about 35 Q. Sprinklers, while I manually maintained my blueberry patches. I had to go to the Sauna ever day to have the energy to do so. Come summer, I never had to water my cranberry plants, and that let me do pretty much whatever I wanted/needed to get done. Now, in Winter, I've built up my barnyard/coop and cleared out my farm of most everything but some trees, to keep my wood supply going. Not exactly sure what I'll do, come spring, but I've got the cash and materials to do about 100 plots of Q. Sprinklers of whatever I decide to do.
    Iridium sprinklers are where its at!

They're really easy to get if you have a decent pool of money, too.

I managed to get about 40ish iridium ores (so 8 sprinklers) in a half-assed run of the mines, although I used up the 1200ish pieces of stone I had saved up. But it's worth it since you can just buy more anyway.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Iridium sprinklers are where its at!

They're really easy to get if you have a decent pool of money, too.

I managed to get about 40ish iridium ores (so 8 sprinklers) in a half-assed run of the mines, although I used up the 1200ish pieces of stone I had saved up. But it's worth it since you can just buy more anyway.
    For the 8 scarecrow pattern I use, the Q. Sprinklers work well and more ascetically pleasing then the pattern created by Iridium sprinklers. 76*8 plants is already 624 seeds in a season, which produces more then enough money for whatever I'd want, and the rest would have to be kegs to keep up with that volume. I'd rather spend the iridium on Crystalariums and farm diamonds, but I need summer to roll back around for their thunderstorms....

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

How fun is this music.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I want cute little autoharvesting machines.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I wish clay wasn't so hard to come by; I dug up the beach and got a lot, but I think you have to wait a while before the same dirt can give it back, based on my farms experience. It's the only block on making more kegs.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You can spam till an area and you'll get some. Also comes from regular geodes.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

As in, an area you just tilled?

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    So I heard the developer of this game has stated they intend to provide free expansions/addons? Is this info legit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Yes.
    First on deck is supposed to be co-op multiplayer. Really interested to see how that works.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    As in, an area you just tilled?
    No, just any untilled area. Remember you can till non-grassy areas all over town and they'll reset every day.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    First on deck is supposed to be co-op multiplayer. Really interested to see how that works.
    Aw man I bought it on GOG because I wanted it offline. I wonder if it will be possible to do the co-op on steam if I have a GOG copy.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Aw man I bought it on GOG because I wanted it offline. I wonder if it will be possible to do the co-op on steam if I have a GOG copy.
    It'll probably work. Likely to be a server based thing similar to Starbound.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Also I think you can just add it to the steam library.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

For clay, sometimes you will see little worms coming out of the ground. That's where you should till. If it doesn't give you an artifact, foraging item or book, it gives you clay. Those wormy spots are all over the map, but I find them regularly on the beach and on the road from your farm to the town.

Now I can't seem to find an answer for this. I finished the community center "foraging" pack with winter foraging. Impatiently I clicked through and didn't get the reward from finishing it. The room that pack was in was restored and now I can't access it to get the reward anymore. I can't access it through the menu either, I assume since the page is considered done it's inaccessible now. Anyone know a way to access it so I can get the reward?

Also how the hell do people get gold bars in first year? I've got a good stash of iron now thanks to hitting the area in the mines were you can farm it easily. I assume it's just using winter mainly for mining?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I think I completed the first mine before winter. Just went there every time it rained. 5-10 levels each time, sometimes 15.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Now I can't seem to find an answer for this. I finished the community center "foraging" pack with winter foraging. Impatiently I clicked through and didn't get the reward from finishing it. The room that pack was in was restored and now I can't access it to get the reward anymore. I can't access it through the menu either, I assume since the page is considered done it's inaccessible now. Anyone know a way to access it so I can get the reward?
    Open your main menu, go to the reputation section, on the far right is a button that takes you to the community center package pages. You can use the arrow keys under the window to flip through them. See if you can navigate to it that way.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    I think I completed the first mine before winter. Just went there every time it rained. 5-10 levels each time, sometimes 15.
    Yeah, I was at between 90-100 before my first winter. Quickly finished during the winter.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Open your main menu, go to the reputation section, on the far right is a button that takes you to the community center package pages. You can use the arrow keys under the window to flip through them. See if you can navigate to it that way.
    I tried that, the page is missing there too

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    For clay, sometimes you will see little worms coming out of the ground. That's where you should till. If it doesn't give you an artifact, foraging item or book, it gives you clay. Those wormy spots are all over the map, but I find them regularly on the beach and on the road from your farm to the town.

Also how the hell do people get gold bars in first year? I've got a good stash of iron now thanks to hitting the area in the mines were you can farm it easily. I assume it's just using winter mainly for mining?
    Mass beach hoeing, with a gold hoe, gets me quite a bit, actually, and is the fastest way I've found to getting it.

Regarding the mine, I finished it up during summer. When the Sauna opens up (north of the carpenter shop, after the earthquake), you can Regen all of your energy, and then spend the afternoon/evening in there, until about 11 PM. Once you get the carts repaired, you can stay until 12 AM.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I guess I put more emphasis on foraging and fishing (and stalking around villagers to give them presents, I'm seriously that chick you see in the bushes out your window) than doing the mine in my first few seasons.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

I've been doing the opposite. I'm about a third through my first summer and I have befriended no one, I just fish and toil in the mine. Who needs friends when I've got piles and piles of smelly, sooty lucre?

Caught a legendary fish last night, too! Some of these patterns don't fuck around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast