Thread: Stardew Valley     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    I've been doing the opposite. I'm about a third through my first summer and I have befriended no one, I just fish and toil in the mine. Who needs friends when I've got piles and piles of smelly, sooty lucre?
    I had been wanting to court the villagers and all, but it's a serious drain on my finances when I'm just getting started. I like, want to give everyone a great gift on their birthday, but I've decided that I'm not going to sweat it too much.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    I had been wanting to court the villagers and all, but it's a serious drain on my finances when I'm just getting started. I like, want to give everyone a great gift on their birthday, but I've decided that I'm not going to sweat it too much.
    I feel like such a shut-in and almost feel bad about it. Time is money, though, and I genuinely enjoy the fishing minigame. Any time spent looking for people or checking the calendar is time not catching fish or clearing out the mine.

I try not to think too hard about my mutant farmer going entire weeks without speaking to anyone and living on a diet consisting entirely of garbage soda and seaweed.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just buy salads from the bar whenever you can. EVERYONE likes salads.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I just run around on Sundays and Mondays spamming em on to everyone.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

FYI, CA put Tapper materials on bee houses and kegs.

Kegs need Oak Resin
    Bee Houses need Maple Syrup

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Makes sense.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Just buy salads from the bar whenever you can. EVERYONE likes salads.
    Except for Willy. Willy does't like salads.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Except for Willy. Willy does't like salads.
    Willy hear ya. Willy don't care.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

For the seasonal events, is there anything I'm missing out on by being the town's chief serial killer suspect? I won the egg contest and watched the dance from the sidelines, and last night did the luau and apparently we made good soup? I'm wondering if these are just for flavor and to rob you of a day's chance to do stuff.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

They are pretty much for flavor.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Some of the events have a booth that allow you to purchase things. Usually a Rarecrow and one or two decorative items. The Fair has a Stardrop for sale, and the Spring one sells Strawberry seeds. Good for throwing in kegs.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I don't think anyone is generally good enough friends with someone to dance with them at the luau the first year. Maybe the second year, I haven't gotten that far yet.

You will be missing out on certain things if you never upgrade your friendship with the townspeople, though. The better friends you become with them, the more stuff they give you, including recipes for food and bait and things like that, which I assume are exclusive and not able to be obtained any other way. They also all have specific event cutscenes with you when you get high enough friendship with them.

And, of course, the only way to get married and have kids with someone is through upgrading your friendship levels to MAX.
    It's very easy to increase your standing with someone, however. Townsfolk have 'best gifts' you can give them, specific to each one. A lot of them like stuff that is fairly worthless otherwise or things you acquire in abundance so it shouldn't set you back too much, either.

On the plus side, it looks like I can have a lesbian relationship, so that's pretty cool.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'm making good progress with Alex, 4 hearts closer to tapping that sweet man ass. Originally I just wanted to get in his room because I figured you could use his weights to raise stats or something but clearly not.

Do you have to give water to your dog every now and then? I didn't even know you could until someone mentioned it in this thread. I didn't give it water for the first like two weeks and nothing happened but I wonder if it will run away or something if you ignore it too long.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    I'm making good progress with Alex, 4 hearts closer to tapping that sweet man ass. Originally I just wanted to get in his room because I figured you could use his weights to raise stats or something but clearly not.

Do you have to give water to your dog every now and then? I didn't even know you could until someone mentioned it in this thread. I didn't give it water for the first like two weeks and nothing happened but I wonder if it will run away or something if you ignore it too long.
    No, that barking fucker will never die.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    On the plus side, it looks like I can have a lesbian relationship, so that's pretty cool.
    I like how CA basically said "Yeah, in the future you'll be able to romance Shane, though I can't understand why anyone would want to."

This obnoxious gay dude I know who lives in Toronto who apparently likes Harvest Moon thinks this game is trash because it takes too long to go places. I don't think he knows about coffee or the horse and has no idea you can hitch up with both the dudes and the ladies. His loss.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The horse is pretty clutch.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    No, that barking fucker will never die.
    Thank god I went with a cat

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Thank god I went with a cat
    Weird thing is, it clearly doesn't sound like a real cat, it sounds synthetic.

My cats never react to cat sounds on the TV.

When I pet the virtual cat, my other cat totally freaks out.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    For the seasonal events, is there anything I'm missing out on by being the town's chief serial killer suspect? I won the egg contest and watched the dance from the sidelines, and last night did the luau and apparently we made good soup? I'm wondering if these are just for flavor and to rob you of a day's chance to do stuff.
    Egg festival: winning egg hunt will get you a Straw Hat. if you have it already, you will get 1000 money. stall will sell strawberry seeds.
    Flower festival: stall sells rarecrow.

Luau: waste of time
    Jellyfish Festival: waste of time

Stardew Fair: winning the grange gets you 1000 star points. stall only takes star points has stardrop fruit for 2k, rarecrow for 800, hat for 500
    Halloween: going through maze gets you a golden pumpkin worth 2500 and is only used for selling.

Ice Festival: catching enough fish will win you 3 tackles and hat
    Christmas: you secret santa another villager and a villager will be you secret santa

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I'm totally rocking the Ice Festival hat. It replaced my cute green bow. I can't wait to get a horse, but I didn't know about any other movespeed options except totems. Coffee?

I'm torn between secret santaing the purple haired highschool chick or the goth who lives in his parents' basement. So may legit romance options lol.

But seriously I think a good job was done on the npc personalities. They cover a fairly wide range of characteristics while none of them are too crazy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast