BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

No idea.

i want to buy it, but i have no money, just $25 in amazon appstore credits and i don't think i can get stardew valley through the appstore even if appstore credits worked on steam games >_<

wish i could play it though, i hear you can date either sex, something i've wished harvest moon and rune factory have had for ages. i always hated playing as a girl or a forever alone guy >_<

caved in and used some of my grocery money to buy this. woo trading rl food for in game food!

enjoying it so far, gives a bit of a rune factory vibe. i'm not a fan of 8-bit graphics, but this one almost reminds me of chrono trigger in a way, so its not so bad. music sounds a bit MIDI-ish, but if it is its high definition MIDI, and sounds pretty good. first time i saw the mess that was the farm my reaction was pretty much the same as my characters. XD the state its in along with its sheer size is quite frankly terrifying haha.

its also neat how much you can customize the look of your house and farm. i'm working on a cobble pathway with some torches to light it up at night. also terrifying the local bachelors with gifts of daffodils and sticks because apparently i have no idea what a good gift for them is haha.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Trying to avoid buying this because I know it will probably take up a lot of my time! Does anyone know the pacing? The Harvest Moon games always seem to take a very long time to get through the first year where I feel like I'm a subsistence farmer.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Looks like an interesting game but I'm having trouble classifying it. It almost sounds like Zelda, Terraria, and SimFarms had a baby. It's cheap tho, might give it a go when I'm done with my current list.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Manako View Post
    Trying to avoid buying this because I know it will probably take up a lot of my time! Does anyone know the pacing? The Harvest Moon games always seem to take a very long time to get through the first year where I feel like I'm a subsistence farmer.
    The pacing isn't too bad, each season is one in game month, you can pretty much play without farming after the first few days if you wanted simply by seoling fish, which has so far made way more for me then actually farming, but that just might be because i've been planting so few crops.

I'm in the middle of the second season so far and having a blast, i'm thinking I might fish the rest of the season then go all in farming next season, gonna need a ton of sprinklers though D: cause fuck watering all that shit myself.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Made 50-60k after my first year. Finished the dungeon thingy. Pretty damn entertaining.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Drai View Post
    gonna need a ton of sprinklers though D: cause fuck watering all that shit myself.
    I'm glad this is an option. I saw all the watering in the trailer and was immediately reminded of grinding gear in FFXI D:

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Really love games in this style but question how long I will enjoy it. 15 bucks isn't a bad price to check it out though.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

After the first year of watering yourself. You will be SO happy when you convert to solid sprinklers.

Remember to upgrade all of your tools. Upgrade your watering can on the 27th of a season. You don't need to water on the 28th and you have enough time to get your can back and buy seeds before the end of the 1st.

Upgrade your pick and ax as fast as possible.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I checked out the steam video since I see Zet on this shit all day and while this isn't my cup of tea the music playing during that video alone has me interested. I'm a cheap bastard so I'll grab it when it goes on sale but I can definitely see how this game can be a blast.

just to give an idea of how UTTERLY MASSIVE the farm you have is:

i spent an entire day cleaning out just the weeds and tall grass from it. weeds drop fiber, maybe 30-50% of the time, and seeds a few % of the time. since the scythe is one of the few tools you can use without tiring yourself, i was able to actually pull this off. i went from waking up to 9:20 PM to accomplish this, and got 253 fiber and 13 seeds from doing so. <______<;

i'm...i'm not entirely sure i got every weed either.

the logs and rocks will take a lot LOT longer as theres just as many of the things and they do happen to deplete your stamina.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I picked this a few hours ago and haven't stopped playing it since. It's kinda harvest moon and rune factory with a little animal collecting thrown in. I imagine the animal breeding is going to get a major overhaul at some point.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Don't bother clearing your whole farm unless it's raining or winter time. Focus on making dat money.

Also, honey is the easiest way to get free money.

200g a jar every 3-4 days. I have 30 of em now. Grow flowers in rows between them to supersize the price to like 500+ per jar.

Oh goddamnit, another Harvest Moon style game. Fffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuu, here goes a couple months of my life now... /ugh

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

$1,500,000 in sales so far.

One guy made this.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    $1,500,000 in sales so far.

One guy made this.
    That is fantastic! Keeping the indie dream alive.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

And, he's no Notch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast