+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: My Hero Academia     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    While they didn't touch on it much, that was sort of the point of the quirkless population/police force and how they would ultimately handle final punishment instead of allowing heroes to off villains at their discretion. Without giving them that bone of legal power, you'd probably see something more akin to X-Men where mutants are feared, reviled, and ostracized.

That said, OFA is also an exceptionally unique case. Yes, they could off him, but he also has multi-generational knowledge of criminal activity throughout the country and likely beyond. The uniqueness of his quirk is also likely of scientific interest, presuming people involved aren't as corrupt as the nomu doctor. Simply figuring out how his DNA works could lead to significant medical advances, or at the very least, the ability to copy/transfer restorative quirks to people in need. It's basically the inverse of the anti-quirk bullets, even if those might also have potentially useful application.

As is, I think we all know it's a given AFO will probably escape Tartarus at some point and be the real endgame boss after all. Personally, I still feel this current arc/fight came too early, especially with how a lot of us had those "this is end of the manga" feels despite simultaneously feeling that unlikely. With how this arc ended, AFO's escape also seems more likely with Shiggy also losing a number of his pawns. Oh well, can kinda figure the next few chapters will be aftermath, then maybe we'll see some kind of time skip.
    They are setting up shigaraki turning on AFO. They are showing AFO true need in shigaraki and that shigaraki doesn't want to be taken over. I'm guessing at some point long down the line AFO gets his body or takes over someone else's and shigarakia and deku will come together to fight him.

Either way, to my point, killing OFA after his last fight with all might would have ended this arc earlier and no one would have escaped considering OFA was pretty much in control during the last 5~ chapters. You can research DNA of a dead body, fuck that little bitch. Not that there would be much of a story if people ... did what should be done...

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I knew this was how it was going to end (Villains retreat, very little ground made) but its still a little bit underwhelming. However, I'm just more glad this fight is over and we can see how things progress from here. I think that fight was originally just there to show how powerful MainBad had become and what a threat he currently posses to the world and Heroes... buuuuuut I honestly believe once the writer realized "oh shit hes basically god, how do i end this?" the fight dragged on until he found a solution lol, even if the solution was "they just leave".

Either way, as long as I still enjoy reading it I'll be back next time. Legit kinda miss Bleach and its weekly releases.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

One bad conclusion to an arc won't make me quit the manga, but this manga used to be real good at subverting my expectations and this arc kinda just dropped the ball.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Who was the woman in the last few panels of the most recent chapter? I don't recognize her.

Can't believe Midnight got offscreen'd though. I can't even remember what she was supposed to be fighting.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

She was fighting the big mountain guy, forget his name. Seems pretty dumb to off screen her during that when the conclusion was he was done in by Momo's drug and all they had to do was stand aside until it took effect. Off screening her death AND making it ultimately useless is the double whammy I wasn't expecting, and just sours what already was a chapter soured by the shitty conclusion.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Pretty sure she was up against some smaller people after getting knocked off Gigantomachia, in the forest, I just can't remember if they were random thugs or Nomu.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Ah that makes it slightly better then...but barely

They were random mooks who apparently just rolled up and beat her to death off-screen. I'm still salty.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

As an anime only person, I am not sure how I feel about checking this thread to see why it got bumped and and seeing the past few posts >.>

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

https://read-myheromanga.com/manga/b...a-chapter-297/

There is indeed a new chapter out as well.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Man, quality of art and story telling has really taken a nose dive imo

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this recent breakneck pacing.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

PS theres like 3 new chapters out right now, same link I posted a couple up.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

That link is such fucking cancer my god

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Y'all can just read it officially on mangaplus. Only has the last 3 chapters released though so if you're behind, you gotta look elsewhere. Updates on Sunday.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post

Its just a white page with the manga on it for me, I use Adblock though lol.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Eh, this will all make one nice episode a season or two from now. Now that were all setup, hopefully we can get to some action by March lol

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post

I opened it on my phone, a phone without Adblock, and I get it now. Jesus Christ it’s awful. Anyway new chapter out, several anyway, we’re up to 305

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I get it now. Jesus Christ it’s awful.
    Right!!!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text