FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

PV5

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

My Hero Academia Ep1

A solid introductory episode, and right off the bat. The episode was mostly about explaining the world and setting up the plot.

OP

ED

Waiting for next week.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Where they will probably end the episode next week is kind of where I expected them to end it this week, but I'm glad they didn't rush it at all. Really solid first episode and next week it just gut punches you in the stomach with feels all the harder.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

My Hero Academia Ep 2

I think Bones playing it slow with the adaption is a good thing. The anime expanding and/or adding a couple scenes now and then to get some more downtime/build-up would be a good thing.

Author making the joke about slow introduction to series

First image: The second anime episode starts!
    Uraraka, “Iida-kun, you look cool spinning like that in the OP!”
    Iida, “We haven’t appeared yet!!”

Second image: Uraraka, “We appeared!!!” Iida, “We appeared in the preview!!”

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

2nd episode was as good as I thought it would be! Really fantastic! And yeah, I agree, I'm happy they fleshed it out and didn't try to stuff all that into 1 episode. The build up was great and just made the episode all the better

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

My Hero Academia Ep 3

Enjoying training episode this so much more than I thought I would. Animation still solid too.

man service

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams
    Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zoner Hellscythe
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Funimation picked this up as one of the Simulcast English Dubs

also:

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

My Hero Academia Ep7

That was a pretty hype ending. Continues to be best anime this season.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I remember Bakugou being that intense in the manga but the anime did a great job of just revving it up that much more. His shocked face/realization at the end was all the better because of how sharp the contrast was.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

My Hero Academia Ch 92

fuck this chapter was so incredible. I'm not entirely sure how this arc will end.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So many feels. It can only end 1 way Bruh! You know the troupe!!!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

wtb next chapter...

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I know it's Shonen Jump and etc, etc, but I can see a real shock and awe kind of finish to the fight next week.

Spoiler: show
    Not All Might dying, but his secret being out of the bag (which is kind of already is) and himself being severely injured

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I know it's Shonen Jump and etc, etc, but I can see a real shock and awe kind of finish to the fight next week.

Not All Might dying, but his secret being out of the bag (which is kind of already is) and himself being severely injured
    I think...

All might will stall long enough for midoriya to come and do some super move which will effectively cripple him for life but saving all might or something, if it is going to be the last chapter type deal. But I feel its going to keep going

Anything short of All Might dying would honestly disappoint me.

Overall, his time as a hero has been limited due to both his injury and then passing on his power. Going out in the line of duty is pretty much the most "heroic" thing he has left to do. So, while the world would go on to be shocked, sad, and wondering just how villains like All For One can be stopped, it provides the perfect motivation for Deku and his friends to step up their game, possibly even providing Bakugou with the maturity he's been needing to acquire to overcome his grudge.

As for Deku, I can't see there being much training left for him to get from All Might. His heart is already in the right place, it's just his body that isn't there yet. He's also shown ways to utilize the power that have surprised even All Might. With hand-boy apparently being the prior AM's grandson, they've also basically set up the whole generational conflict to go on between him and Deku.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    I think...

All might will stall long enough for midoriya to come and do some super move which will effectively cripple him for life but saving all might or something, if it is going to be the last chapter type deal. But I feel its going to keep going
    On another forum I visit, it had been quoted that the author felt like he was only about 20% way through the story he wanted to tell so yeah, I think we have plenty of HnA to go

arus, I agree with you. Huge change up in the plot coming!

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    On another forum I visit, it had been quoted that the author felt like he was only about 20% way through the story he wanted to tell so yeah, I think we have plenty of HnA to go

arus, I agree with you. Huge change up in the plot coming!
    yup

I think one for all knows he is dying slowly also, so he has some way to pass on his powers to bakugou. He can probably feel the guys rage toward midoriya is huge, and his need for power to beat him would make him turn to the dark side to do so.

So the battle will probably end in some way with all might crippled for life, midoriya will maybe save all might or something? (probably not, all might will probably hit all for one so hard he gets fatally wounded).

Anyway another season (timeskip of X years) of growing tensions between midoriya and bakugou leading to bakugou finding all ofr one again before he dies, gets the guys powers.. and all out epic final battle bakugou vs midoriya all for one vs one for all with flashbacks of their lives, manly tears and 3/4ths the city blown away during the fight

I don't see Bakugou going dark. While he does go too far at times, he's been steadily getting better about controlling his insanity and finding the right thing to do. Why I think AM dying would be good for him is that he hasn't quite pieced together the consequences of the work they're getting into since it's basically been an age of peace/control for the heroes. As is, he's already been outsmarted by Deku and also knows there's another classmate who can rival him in power. So, while he does have incentive to get stronger, they're also not out to kill him like a villain would. Realistically, he's not much different than Deku, he's just let pride control his actions from an early age.

If AFO really is dying, too, then I'd say his aims have been to groom hand-boy into being the next big bad. After all, it's almost uncharacteristic of a villain to be like, "It's okay you failed, we'll just try again later." and not, like, kill/maim someone. The kid being related to AM's teacher is obviously a psychological blow to AM, but I don't think such a reveal will have that great an impact to the others. At the very least, I think it'll it lead to some power of friendship turn near the end when hand-boy does something he probably shouldn't have in his quest to spite heroes. But yeah, I do feel a time skip is coming.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    At the very least, I think it'll it lead to some power of friendship turn near the end when hand-boy does something he probably shouldn't have in his quest to spite heroes. But yeah, I do feel a time skip is coming.
    With the reveal of him being the previous OFA's grandson, my first thought was that he'd inherit AFO and get friendship/talk-no-jutsu'd ala Naruto at the end. As is tradition in Shounen Jump.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If All Might doesn't die I'm gonna be kinda pissed. I wish more shonen manga were more ballsy about killing characters off. Especially since All Might was shown as sick/dying/weakening since the beginning of the series.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag