BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    New episode is fantastic, and the cliffhanger at the end was so good.

The show does such a good job of mixing moments of intense, loud, frantic moments with quiet, still moments to build so much tension and really draw you in. Does the manga so much justice. Given how good the manga is and how they're doing this show (IE in spread out cours, vs the infinite airing ala One Piece/Naruto/etc), can easily see season after season being pumped out until the series ends, and I'm all for it. No filler and just fantastic animation
    One can only hope. The manga is still decently far ahead of the anime. I was reading it for a while (I stopped shortly after this arc) cause I want to be surprised.

They can also easily integrate a Villains arc in there from the spinoff. I really hope they do.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Manga spoilers for next season

Spoiler: show
    literally going to be a villain ark. Shigiraki back story, training and power ups for the league. Its good shit

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Jesus fuck. How many heroes are gonna die in the next couple of chapters

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Shigiraki is OP as fuck. Can disintegrate anything he touches and in-turn whatever is touching what he's touching, plus whatever that's touching and so on and so forth. And now he has AFO and all the absurd powers that were already stolen by that.

Outside of Eraser Head freezing his powers (which we all know is gonna be countered someway, if not outright stolen by Shigiraki), I genuinely have no idea how Deku or the other heroes get out of this. Unless one of the new previous OFA owner's powers gives Deku an advantage or he himself isn't actually quirkless and has some OP anti-power power like whatshisface's right arm in Index.

Edit: And the students are all still in their first year of highschool too aren't they?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yes. A bunch of teenagers will literally stop what's becoming the literal God of Destruction because there's no greater force multiplier in the universe like being a Secondary School Student in Japan.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I suppose they still have the power of Friendship.

That or the whole "this is the story of how I became the greatest hero ever" is gonna be retconned and this story is gonna end real dark as fuck lol

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly, I'm wondering how this ends without as Deus Ex or Shig dying because it seems like this confrontation is unavoidable. Maybe Shigs "Power up" stopping at 70% means abusing his new powers fucks him up hardcore and he has to go into hiding for a bit, thus ending the fight early... or as mentioned above a new power awakens in Deku that allows him to temporarily win? I'm more betting on the "Early awakening" being the problem here and I expect the heroes will get thoroughly thrashed this encounter.

Either way, they definitely turned the Villain into a literal OP God of Death. Also ->

Super sad they killed Double. I know he was deeply disturbed and a Villain, but I always had hope for him

I'm also in the camp that Shiggy goes too hard too fast and needs to retreat. Otherwise, I don't really see Deku manifesting a singular new power being a dealbreaker here. Black Whip is still something he hasn't really used, with Flight being one of the other known powers. Neither is something I'd call sufficient in stopping him.

What's likely is Endeavor gets the death we expected of All Might long ago. He hasn't been liked as the Number 1 in the world universe and the author has gone out of his way to give him development with Todoroki, the rest of his family, and the inkling he's still trying to become a better hero. However, now that the role of main villain has officially been passed, I'd say Deku's generation is going to need more incentive to step up. Endeavor can be that catalyst for Todoroki. Bakugo has been maturing in his own way now that he's been let in on Deku's secret. Tokiyami had his moment with Hawks. Most of the others haven't really had a standout moment here, but I'm also expecting Ochaco to do something unexpected, perhaps even pulling a Hinata and dying to save Deku, herself. Eraser will survive, but will also be similarly devastated by losing a student.

Pragmatically, something has to happen to delay everything being wiped out. There are still too many unanswered questions for this to really be the end, among them the noted claim that Deku becomes a great hero. I'm actually kind of surprised we haven't had more hero deaths yet, with the only one being Crust jobbing it shortly after his entrance. There's also the matter of OFA likely escaping prison soon, or it being some Aizen tier plan of him wanting to be there all along to release other comparably bad guys. The real carnage is the likely empowerment of villains in the years to come, where the adults we do know will steadily fall or be seriously injured, further mandating the growth of the current gen while Shiggy recovers in the shadows.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

The man can literally disintegrate the world at this point, and all because he spent a few months in a Dabura meditation chamber. I figured this series was supposed to last a long time, but we've escalated to a guy who can feasibly eradicate the entirety of Japan probably in an afternoon's worth of work just by continuing to use his power.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Double, but no one has posted in a while: the new chapter. Wow. Shigaraki has progressed to the point where he can basically disintegrate things that aren't even there. Shit in his mind can be disintegrated. That is some wild ass power improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Double, but no one has posted in a while: the new chapter. Wow. Shigaraki has progressed to the point where he can basically disintegrate things that aren't even there. Shit in his mind can be disintegrated. That is some wild ass power improvement.
    How about the fact thats hes op without even his powers too?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

He's built like a tank, has super speed, auto-regens, yeah. It'd have been like if Madara showed up right after the Chuunin Exam arc. This is end-boss level of power a third into the game. Its going to take some serious plotkai to navigate this without just turning the main cast into demigods for the sake of rising stakes.

He's built like a tank, has super speed, auto-regens, yeah. It'd have been like if Madara showed up right after the Chuunin Exam arc. This is end-boss level of power a third into the game. Its going to take some serious plotkai to navigate this without just turning the main cast into demigods for the sake of rising stakes.
    Well it looks like his weakness is going to be the Mentally unstable sort. His struggle with All for one taking over.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Well he just DELETED the literal voice in his head trying to control him, so yeah. This is going to be an insane chapter to animate. All of that rubble everywhere...

If Aizawa gets merked, we riot.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

New chapter is out, however, its cut away from the "main" fight.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007310

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The chapter has been out for a week. This week all of Jump is on break =X

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Is it the 135th Golden Week of the year?

Yeah, yeah, I know, but goddammit if it doesn't feel like they have that many.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    The chapter has been out for a week. This week all of Jump is on break =X
    Well nobody posted it here and my ass just checked D:

Is it the 135th Golden Week of the year?

Yeah, yeah, I know, but goddammit if it doesn't feel like they have that many.
    Back when Bleach was still going on, it definitely felt like that.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I remember those days. It was the ultimate in First-World Problems brutal.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag