+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread: My Hero Academia     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I just thought I would post this here too.

https://twitter.com/ToonamiNews/stat...C8jYXHkLAsAAAA

I'm excited because I think the english dub is excellent. One of the best ever.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The manga has been kinda mediocre to me for several chapters now, but I'll be damned if
    Spoiler: show
    Gentle isn't an absolute baller.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

My Hero Academia

Anybody else read the latest chapter, 404?

So just to be clear, Deku and Bakugo got helped by a suddenly abnormal wind current to save All Might?

I’m guessing to go with the whole fate theme and the butterfly effect mentioned in the chapter?

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Anybody else read the latest chapter, 404?

So just to be clear, Deku and Bakugo got helped by a suddenly abnormal wind current to save All Might?

I’m guessing to go with the whole fate theme and the butterfly effect mentioned in the chapter?
    The way I understood it was Bakugo blasted himself at Deku, and Deku used the second's Gear Shift to redirect Bakugo toward AFO/All Might. The mangaka has frequently struggled to illustrate action sequences like this though, honestly.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

admittedly I've only really gotten into reading manga heavily in the past couple years, usually I'd be patient and wait for animation, I still struggle to follow action a lot of the time

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Looked like He jumped toward Deku and then Deku threw him to All Might to me, but I just assumed thats what happened lol.

BG Level

My Hero Academia

I’m talking about the part after what you guys are mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    The way I understood it was Bakugo blasted himself at Deku, and Deku used the second's Gear Shift to redirect Bakugo toward AFO/All Might. The mangaka has frequently struggled to illustrate action sequences like this though, honestly.
    Yeah I got that part.

But afterwards Shiggy grins about how Bakugo wasn’t going to make it in time. Then the leaves start blowing, they mention the butterfly effect, an abnormal atmospheric temperature, and finally the shot of everyone praying.

So I’m guessing the mangaka is going for a “fate” type moment if that makes sense? That all that came together to give Bakugo the final extra bit of speed to make it in time to save All Might.

BG Level

My Hero Academia

I guess I’m the only one here who interpreted the chapter as:

Bakugo and Deku: Super gear shift speed boost dynamic entry save All Might combo!

Shiggy: That’s not gonna make it in time.

Everyone else: Fuck off nerd lulz.

Me: Wait what? That’s it?

I just wanna make sure I’m not missing some kind of deeper understanding of what happened. Like maybe missing an earlier throwback or something lmao.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Those two sequences are happening concurrently I think.

Either way, no, I don't think there's any deeper meaning. It's just meant to be a bit of symbolism I think. Winds of change, ect.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yea you got the gist of it Xno, that's how I interpreted it.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Is there anywhere to catch up on this? I haven't read MHA since uh... I don't even remember, I think after the students got Deku to come back to the school? Probably somewhere a little after that.

Google with adblock for unofficial. Official is likely delayed releases unless subbed.

Shit's been super slow with the frequent breaks author's taking and some chapters have practically felt like 5-6 pages. Doesn't help there's the occasional moment of "What the fuck is even going on?!" that I wouldn't even say is limited to Xno's confusion. Kinda creeping into "I hope the anime can save this when it's time..." territory.

Yea, i will admit that a lot of what is going on is hard to translate to manga, and i think will be better suited to the anime. Everything is a clusterfuck and moving fast and that is hard to do with panel style.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    admittedly I've only really gotten into reading manga heavily in the past couple years, usually I'd be patient and wait for animation, I still struggle to follow action a lot of the time
    You're not alone. I am finding it HARD to follow / work out what is going on in the last 30-50 chapters lol

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Kinda creeping into "I hope the anime can save this when it's time..." territory.
    I think when animated it'll be fine. Season 7 will be underway soon and I reckon we'll get a 2 parter to finish it off. A break in the middle to let author finish this series off.
    Though I think this still needs a good 30+ chapters to smooth it out assuming they're not 6~ pagers.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm torn between hoping they wrap this shit up soon, and hoping they flesh it out enough for it to be good, unlike poor Bleach those years ago. Its been crawling these last few chapters and I'm hoping we're going to be hitting the climax here shortly and not another random cut-away to some B-Team group fighting random Villain 35.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Question about the series in general - I recall some complaints about it really going downhill a few years back, but would like to give the Anime a try - worth watching or would I end up disappointed when things go south, assuming they do? Recently quit Yowamushi Pedal about 40 episodes into the series or so, so I'm not too keen on something I'd end up having to quit in the middle.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

This is one of those mangas I started reading part way through because the anime was between seasons and I was impatient (I think I picked it up during the Overhaul arc). The last like 6 months of chapters have really dragged imo, there's just way too much going on in this battle. I forgot what Deku was even doing until it cut to Bakugo. The pacing is just all over the place and nothing is really connecting to anything else.

Gentle is dope though.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Petitssk View Post
    Question about the series in general - I recall some complaints about it really going downhill a few years back, but would like to give the Anime a try - worth watching or would I end up disappointed when things go south, assuming they do? Recently quit Yowamushi Pedal about 40 episodes into the series or so, so I'm not too keen on something I'd end up having to quit in the middle.
    The pacing is rough week to week. Binging it is much better.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag