BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Not sure if Japan is full of trolls or just has terrible taste, there. Maybe both.

Not a real quote but god I wish it was sometimes

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Not sure if Japan is full of trolls or just has terrible taste, there. Maybe both.
    Full of hentai, and currently earthquakes and aftershocks

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Yeah that was the one, I didn't watch much of either but what I did see what funny when compared.

Something something flame princess something something tournament something something magic school etc.
    Yeah the starts and main chick/guy were ridiculously similar... actually for the first few episodes I kept confusing which one I was watching. Imo though Cavalry was actually pretty good though while Asterisk was more of a filler of the season for that type of thing.

Speaking of magic schools... I'd really like some Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei back. One of the few of the type where the main draw wasn't the ahem "plot"

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Going to be keeping up with big order, the manga is pretty good action so expecting the anime to be the same

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

EP3 of Ace Attorney might be the first episode I've seen with engrish that rivals the Detective Conan convo between the FBI and JP police "no no no, not poriceman, it is pronounced, poriceman!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Full of hentai, and currently earthquakes and aftershocks
    So, what if the earthquake was caused by all the otaku humping their waifu body pillows at once...?

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

So, what if the earthquake was caused by all the otaku humping their waifu body pillows at once...?
    Possible... after all that area is far away from the city... with lots of fishing villages....

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Alright, stupidest question for this thread: Does the lack of actual endings or anything resembling satisfactory resolution in 90% of animes drive anyone else crazy? I understand the business model and rationale behind it, but it drives me bananas. That and the unrequited love / teen angst.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Alright, stupidest question for this thread: Does the lack of actual endings or anything resembling satisfactory resolution in 90% of animes drive anyone else crazy? I understand the business model and rationale behind it, but it drives me bananas. That and the unrequited love / teen angst.
    Depends on the show. If they make at least a little effort it's not too bad. When they do shit that basically sets up another 4 seasons on the last episode when it's clear there isn't going to be another season is when I start pulling my hair

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Depends on the show, but yeah I feel many animes leave you hanging... in a way probably to drive up demand for the anime so they get funds for a hopefully season 2 type deal >.>
    For the animes that fail to meet expectations... got to go to the manga!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Going to be keeping up with big order, the manga is pretty good action so expecting the anime to be the same
    Didn't realize this was a series... that makes the OVA make a lot more sense lol. I was all like what is all this set up for!?! Looks pretty interesting so far

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Power puff girls Reboot

Well this what happens went you don't have Craig McCracken. this was awful and what worse they are using meme as actual humor. also the flash animation is very lazy and full of animation errors.

http://i.imgur.com/cWTDqgz.gif

Wander Over Yonder Waste of Time

You know I wasn't bothered by the shows cancellation, as Season 2 will end the lord dominator arc but seeing all the teases for Season 3 in this episodes hurts.

Tease to Wander's past
    http://40.media.tumblr.com/bf6da2472...se6qej_500.png

Monkey(Craig McCracken won't tell what his role was in S3 but you can see he is from earth).
    http://41.media.tumblr.com/5849173bb...u3euo1_500.jpg

Thankfully Lord hater part will appear in an upcoming episode.

Hey look better action than shitty PPG reboot.
    http://49.media.tumblr.com/5a62b54a4...8kdeo7_500.gif
    http://49.media.tumblr.com/facc0e35e...8kdeo2_500.gif

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Spring Anime Season 2016 Thread

Re Zero turned a much needed corner today. I would not have been down with another rewind. It was a really great EP. I'll have to watch it again on my less shitty TV when less barely-a-human levels of hungover.

Edit: Flying Witch still gonna be AOTS though because the OP has clapping and cats and no amount of world-ending peril and heroine-saving can compete with that.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Help my hub and I find another animu to watch together. We seemed to have both enjoyed recently The Seven Deadly Sins, Konosuba, and ToraDora. I am not a big mech-anime person, and tend to get turned off by nontraditional styles (eg. Soul Eater). He's pretty flexible about stuff, except really really girly anime (Sailor Moon).

Any ideas?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Any particular types of stuff you guys like? Given you are posting in this thread you looking for something this season?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Any particular types of stuff you guys like? Given you are posting in this thread you looking for something this season?
    I listed some anime to give you an idea. But yeah, would be nice to see something current as we have seen most older stuff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well was only a couple of shows and could be different things about them you like (for example 7 deadly/konsuba could appeal cause of the adventure fantasy or the action or humor) plus it's hard to necessarily find easily comparable shows in a single season (especially one that just started) so was wondering more like genres... like how you don't like mecha.

Anyways this seasons seems a little light on really engaging stuff and sounds like you might not like some of the ones that are. Like I'd say Jojo is always good but I think that would fall under non traditional styles lol. But based on what you have said and the few episodes out this season I'd say Big Order, Re: Zero, Sakamoto and maybe Tanaka-kun

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Help my hub and I find another animu to watch together. We seemed to have both enjoyed recently The Seven Deadly Sins, Konosuba, and ToraDora. I am not a big mech-anime person, and tend to get turned off by nontraditional styles (eg. Soul Eater). He's pretty flexible about stuff, except really really girly anime (Sailor Moon).

Any ideas?
    If you guys are up for an emotional series, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is one of my favourites. Hyouka is also a really good series, kind of like a mix between mystery and slice of life. Gintama is phenomenal but there are a lot of Japanese culture/society based jokes that might go over your heads, but still one of the best if not the best comedy anime.

What else... Oh! Hibike Euphonium is fantastic too, a music series mixed with some romance tones. And in that same vein, Sakamichi no Appolon(sp??) is another great music and coming of age series. And it's a period piece too which leads me to Rakugo which aired last season and was fantastic!

That's all I can think of at the moment off the top of my head.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Any ideas?
    I don't know what you would consider traditional anime, but you should start watching Gintama. As far as anime, it's probably one of the best longest running series anime up to date. It has everything from comedy, drama, action, adult-themed jokes, and pop culture parodies. And for an anime that has hundreds of episodes, it really doesn't have "filler", or more like all their "filler" episodes are so amazing by themselves that you wouldn't consider them to be "fillers". It's also an anime where even the very minor character matters, and have complex back stories to go with them.

Any ideas?
    I just recently watched "The Flower We Saw That Day" again. Might be something you two would like. Also, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is easy to get into, if you somehow missed it when it first came out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast