+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Wander Over Yonder The end of the Galaxy(series final)

This episode was a stellar way of ending Season 2. The callbacks to previous episodes, everyone making a return, bloo’s cameo, the characters, the emotion, I could just go on and on.
    Spoiler: show

My only problem was the cold ending. the hints of Lord hater's past (he was the monkey from earth in time travel episode) and the return of Dominator in cancelled Season 3.

It a shame we will never get redemption arc for Dominator.

Thanks to Craig McCracken and his team for the show.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Shounen Maid was a surprisingly pleasant show. Would tease you every other episode with a small taste of heavy feels but wouldn't push them too hard. Season finally hit hard though, was a good finish and made watching the entire season very satisfying. I doubt it'll get a second season but they did leave it open to one.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Had no expectations walking into Sakamoto and ended up loving it. The last few episodes were really good

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Flying Witch was 100% perfect. Not many anime where I like every second of every episode.

Fuck 400+ episodes of Naruto. We need 400+ episodes of slice of life with witches.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Flying Witch was 100% perfect. Not many anime where I like every second of every episode.

Fuck 400+ episodes of Naruto. We need 400+ episodes of slice of life with witches.
    Watched it after seeing this post. My only complaint is that there's only twelve episodes; so peaceful, made the weekend great.

Also finished Terraformars. First episode had me worried, but they got right back on track within the next two episodes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My problem with Terraformars is well the whole interhuman conflict. I understand you want mother China to win but is that really worth risking the ya know the planet where your country lives? And for the other guys the way they pussy foot around... like yeah I get it you don't want to kill fellow humans but again fate of the entire world is at stake. How many people died back home while you fought to disable instead of win against guys fighting to kill you

Re:Zero
    Subaru is an irredeemable piece of trash

I enjoyed this show up until Subaru crashed the ceremony with the candidates and everybody, making the biggest, dumbest scene possible. It's like someone else took over the writing at that point. Also, Rem used to be Final Boss tier, but now she's borderline Orihime level. Seriously one of the steepest nosedives I've ever seen a show take.

The only thing I still find enjoyable is watching all the new and inventive ways they concoct to kill Subaru. Watching his head just pop off at the end of 15 was fantastic.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    Re:Zero
    Subaru is an irredeemable piece of trash

I enjoyed this show up until Subaru crashed the ceremony with the candidates and everybody, making the biggest, dumbest scene possible. It's like someone else took over the writing at that point. Also, Rem used to be Final Boss tier, but now she's borderline Orihime level. Seriously one of the steepest nosedives I've ever seen a show take.

The only thing I still find enjoyable is watching all the new and inventive ways they concoct to kill Subaru. Watching his head just pop off at the end of 15 was fantastic.
    It's almost as if making you feel that was the entire point of his character being written that way in these eps.

Wow.

Much insight.

Plots are hard.

Justasplanned.jpeg is not an excuse for shitty character development. But please, don't let that interfere with you using memes to prove your intellectual superiority to people on the internet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It isn't shitty if it has an explicit point, which this clearly does. You lacking the ability to see anything deeper than surface level is pretty lol though.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Err just because a plot device has a point doesn't mean it has to be an enjoyable process to watch.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Spring Anime Season 2016 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Err just because a plot device has a point doesn't mean it has to be an enjoyable process to watch.
    That's absolutely true, but it doesn't make it shitty writing or a shitty job of character development.

I haven't ENJOYED watching it happen. It's cringe-worthy. But I get the point of it and don't think it's just being done cuz the series is going to shit.

My original response was basically aimed at him saying the series was taking a nosedive. If he meant only that his enjoyment of the series was nosediving, then that warrants a different response - but also isn't what he said.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah I agree with that. The show hasn't become shit for it. Just Subaru has been insufferable to watch.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Subaru acting like an actual teenage loser weab instead of the hero self-insert teenage loser weab from NGNL we all like watching because it makes us feel better about being teenage loser weabs ten or twenty years ago is like the realest of the real and I hope he continues to disappoint everyone he cares about.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Actually, Subaru's character is probably why i've been enjoying this show so much. It'd be incredibly boring if he was a flawless cliched protagonist in this fictional world, but watching him squirm and react so stupidly to these events adds more realism then ive seen in a while (maybe realism is the wrong word to use?). Or maybe i'm just a sadist.

To be fair, none of us can truly relate to dying repeatedly or seeing those we care for slaughtered in ways that makes me wonder if the author hates teenage girls. So him going batshit seems a bit justified to me.

Still stand behind the candidates being dicks, though. Blah blah, self-interest, but it's known the cult is a thing and up to no good. I mean, if we play off on them ignoring the threat paired against Subaru's beheading, that timeline is basically fucked since we have no idea what they'd use to combat magical catzilla. So, while it's easy to accuse Subaru of various sins, they're letting their own put the kingdom at risk. They're all but shooting the messenger at this point.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Only speculation, so not actual spoilers but tagged anyway.
    Im speculating catzilla is puck, since you can see those earring things on its ear, he may have gone berserk or something when the cult kills emillia and this just happens to be the first time we've seen the consequence of that. So if that's the case the main obstacle in this arc is betelgeuse and not the cat thing.

I got the vibe their objective is to try and resurrect the witch, of which any magically inclined half elf may serve as a candidate. So, while catzilla may indeed be a raging Puck, I'd also entertain the possibility the cult succeeded and that's how he winds up if powered up by the witch.

Only problem I have with this whole process is it doesn't make sense for Subaru to have this resurrection ability if he's using it to stop the witch. All signs so far indicate it's a dark power, of which Betelguese seemingly picked up on and questioned if he was one of them. When Subaru first encountered the cult and they let him live, I'm also wondering if that was a masked Betelguese. What I'm thinking may be the case is his power is actually being bestowed by the dragon they've mentioned a few times throughout the show. The "stink of the witch" might be her attempting to strip him of it as it inevitably guarantees Subaru would succeed as long as he keeps trying and learning.

Then again, maybe Puck is actually a baby dragon.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I got the vibe their objective is to try and resurrect the witch, of which any magically inclined half elf may serve as a candidate. So, while catzilla may indeed be a raging Puck, I'd also entertain the possibility the cult succeeded and that's how he winds up if powered up by the witch.

Only problem I have with this whole process is it doesn't make sense for Subaru to have this resurrection ability if he's using it to stop the witch. All signs so far indicate it's a dark power, of which Betelguese seemingly picked up on and questioned if he was one of them. When Subaru first encountered the cult and they let him live, I'm also wondering if that was a masked Betelguese. What I'm thinking may be the case is his power is actually being bestowed by the dragon they've mentioned a few times throughout the show. The "stink of the witch" might be her attempting to strip him of it as it inevitably guarantees Subaru would succeed as long as he keeps trying and learning.

Then again, maybe Puck is actually a baby dragon.
    I figured resurrection power was to trap him in a cycle of pain and death and drive him crazy, instilling the 7 sins into one person blahblahblah, japanese soul harvesting fetish nonsense once he is ripe. Use soul to sacrifice to witchbitch.