1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 7 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 2 hours, 52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: The Feast     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

They most likely went through logs and searched for "who queued into a match and did 0 damage/actions" and handed out warnings accordingly. It was definitely enough to scare people for sure.

Edit: I will say with the frequency we are seeing pvp being changed/addressed this time around, it is for sure a huge step in the right direction as opposed to before. I just hope they actually do some serious kind of cheat detection in regards to arenas. Nothing kills my motivation more than almost killing someone who then flys away at the speed of light while heavied.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

totally agree. but with SE, pretty much anything is "believe it when i see it"

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I just don't get why they didn't make the rewards scale with the amount of time the battle was. Make it so that doing PVE roulettes was still optimal time wise, but give enough so that PVP'ers can cap without having to worry about doing other content.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    I just don't get why they didn't make the rewards scale with the amount of time the battle was.
    That would be incentivizing people to do nothing for the first x minutes.

Even if you scaled rewards to something more tangible like damage/healing output, the outcome would be a lot more SMNs and WHMs casting Bane and Medica II.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

if que times weren't so atrocious on melee at points in the day, i would just full time que as dps. it is so much easier to guarantee someone's going to die if you're dpsing rather than healing. I was upper 700s 2 days ago playing as NIN and now I'm 550 just because of the amount of stupid people I've been getting paired with. Seriously, why is it so hard to understand that with 2 minutes left that you kill the fucking tank with 5 stacks and 200 medals, not the dps with 25????

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yeah much easier to carry as a dps job than healer. if the other team's healer is good and yours is bad, but your dps is good you have a chance. if your dps is bad, no matter how good your healer is you have no chance.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

there's also the fact that with bad dps equating to mp drainage being a significant factor cause once you're OoM and one person dies the rest just snowballs; you lose medals you lose the atk boxes you lose adrenaline,at that point you may as well just pack it up.

for some reason i seem to run out faster on sch than whm

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I am probably going to main DPS because I get super frustrated when I live through what feels like certain death multiple times and my DPS can't kill shit, or when we're ahead by 100+ medals with 45s left and instead of listening to my "retreat to base!" macro they dive into the enemy base and feed just enough to lose us the match. Why.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I am probably going to main DPS because I get super frustrated when I live through what feels like certain death multiple times and my DPS can't kill shit, or when we're ahead by 100+ medals with 45s left and instead of listening to my "retreat to base!" macro they dive into the enemy base and feed just enough to lose us the match. Why.
    Do you not enjoy the strategy of throwing away a victory?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My favorite part is when DPS with 0 kills, that make no effort to mark targets or coordinate kills, complain about "shitty healing."

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

One of the dudes I've been calling out publicly got temped for speed hacking.... Still claims he wasn't... lmao.

https://twitter.com/teapanlegit/stat...19813223780354

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

both games I got vs Kisada and I get wrecked cause our DRG can't burst geegee

i fucking hate monk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lol gg

yeah that guy needs some work on his drg. mnk is pretty ridiculous. somersault change was a life change

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

lmao, it's funny you mention this because this morning this exact situation happened. we had a minute left on the clock and our NIN was screaming at us to go hide in the base and pull back, then some yahoo ran in, got LBd and costed us the match.

the irony here is that it was the same NIN who was bitching the entire game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

NAMES OK?

plot twist: nin's name was kisada

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

final push to the airship, 7 to go D: I dont think im gonna do ranked anymore lol its only gonna go down from here

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

if you're winning 58% of your games on aether i'd say you're doing enough right to keep going up

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

best mount, I've felt more accomplished for getting this and ADS than anything else so far ingame lol

Can blindness from Ruin II cause Raw Destruction to miss?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

never seen it happen ever