1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 11 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -2 hours, -12 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Feast     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Is it even worth going in as SCH, because of stacks being easily dispellable, or is it WHM only?
    Aetherflow can't be dispelled.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

To be fair that is a true statement for how bad most dds suck ass in pvp

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Has anyone made it to bronze yet? I got to 448 before getting to work and wanted to know how the promotions worked. Like if you lose your promotion do you lose all your points and need to go 0 -> 500 again? With a 68% win rate and like 20+ wins over 3ish hours I wasn't able to get to a promo-series so it feels extremely grindy compared to other PvP games I've played. I also started decaying the amount of ranked points I was gaining around 300ish getting 19~24 points instead of 25, yet to lose any points though.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    You must be new to pvp if you think this is true lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

glory slash, one ilm punch, wither will all dispel your stacks

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    You must be new to pvp if you think this is true lol
    sarcasm.jpeg, please refer to fondue's post. No one using one ilm and other dispelling shit when they could be trying to kill someone for dank KDA

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Unless they just changed it they can. You can dispel pretty much any and all buffs, aetherflow stacks, chakra stacks, greased lightning, dreadwyrm trance stacks and astral fire have always all been fair game. It isn't really an issue though, you're gonna blow your stacks pretty quickly most of the time and you'll have all other manner of buffs going out that they'll have to get through before they dispel your aetherflow stacks. A MNK using PB is the only thing that can actively chew through your buffs and they're not going to waste it on spamming One-Ilm Punch on a SCH.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyoko View Post
    Has anyone made it to bronze yet? I got to 448 before getting to work and wanted to know how the promotions worked. Like if you lose your promotion do you lose all your points and need to go 0 -> 500 again? With a 68% win rate and like 20+ wins over 3ish hours I wasn't able to get to a promo-series so it feels extremely grindy compared to other PvP games I've played. I also started decaying the amount of ranked points I was gaining around 300ish getting 19~24 points instead of 25, yet to lose any points though.
    Based off my experience, once you rank up, if you keep losing, you seem to stay at the min requirement that was needed to rank up. Bronze requires 500 rating, if you have like 522 rating, and keep losing, it'll just drop down to 500 and stay there. No clue if you can derank by going on a huge losing streak.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Unless they just changed it they can. You can dispel pretty much any and all buffs, aetherflow stacks, chakra stacks, greased lightning, dreadwyrm trance stacks and astral fire have always all been fair game. It isn't really an issue though, you're gonna blow your stacks pretty quickly most of the time and you'll have all other manner of buffs going out that they'll have to get through before they dispel your aetherflow stacks. A MNK using PB is the only thing that can actively chew through your buffs and they're not going to waste it on spamming One-Ilm Punch on a SCH.
    no, only job stacks you can take are aether flow

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

sarcasm.jpeg, please refer to fondue's post. No one using one ilm and other dispelling shit when they could be trying to kill someone for dank KDA
    glory slash and wither are good potency ogcds so you actually would be using them.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

RETROGRADATION is actually p neat

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Too bad AST bores me to tears in pvp, but I guess that's because I've always healed as whm beforehand when I did heal pvp

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

So far the secret for me is go tank and not be retarded/actually CC = win every time.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Too bad AST bores me to tears in pvp, but I guess that's because I've always healed as whm beforehand when I did heal pvp
    gotta crank out dem 6 digit damage numbers on healer to not be bored lol

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zagam Zixion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Should see the ASTs on primal, all ass and die in about 5 sec using noct sect.

60 matches now, and I don't even have 10 wins still. If you plan on doing feast, do yourself a favor and NEVER solo queue it. If you can't premade feast with a full 4, don't even bother doing it at all, shits a massive headache and huge waste of time.
    Premades get 0 rewards so it already dead, the only ones you'll see are the wintraders for mounts/tomes which I cant wait to get home because were already planning to go queue those "unused languages" and troll the fuck outa wintraders. But ya other than that, I havnt even tried it yet and its already garbage, welcome back seal rock we hardly missed you.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

60 matches now, and I don't even have 10 wins still. If you plan on doing feast, do yourself a favor and NEVER solo queue it. If you can't premade feast with a full 4, don't even bother doing it at all, shits a massive headache and huge waste of time.
    If you've done 60 matches and only 10 wins, I think you're doing something wrong.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I actually get queues in this mode, as opposed to waiting 60+ minutes for one seal rock. If it stays that way why even bother with frontlines ever again.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

The system seems worthless to me. SE went and ruined another event with potential.

Season rewards are solo queue only and only rewarded to the top 1, 10, 100 people per data center. Basically means fuck your friends and no-life if you want even a remote shot at getting anything out of this.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That's for the furnishing/body/hat rewards. You will still get accessories (yay!) for your tier placement.

But yes, top 1/10/100 per data center is pants-on-head retarded.

P.S. Who TF wants a furnishing for first overall? I'd expect a freaking jetpack for that nonsense.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zagam Zixion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I actually get queues in this mode, as opposed to waiting 60+ minutes for one seal rock. If it stays that way why even bother with frontlines ever again.
    Its day 1,the premade rewards( or lack of) was just posted which that alone is killing any sort of hope actual pvpers had. Looking at the pvp site there are lots more seal rock games being posted today than I expected which give me hope that the feast will die that much sooner.