1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 12 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 21 hours, 52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Feast     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

You're right, no one ever takes ranked solo queue seriously in any other pvp game.

Kappa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    You're right, no one ever takes ranked solo queue seriously in any other pvp game.

Kappa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Except most other games with ranked solo queues also have ranked dynamic queues which offer the same rewards. SE is throwing people who like dynamic queues the finger.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zagam Zixion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

No need to be so passive aggressive, how many other games are pve based with pvp thrown in later? how many can you farm the pvp portion faster than the pve to get the pve rewards?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Except most other games with ranked solo queues also have ranked dynamic queues which offer the same rewards. SE is throwing people who like dynamic queues the finger.
    Technically they have the same rewards. In games like CS:GO and LoL people play for the rank category, not for cosmetics. You play to get Diamond... That's why I am surprised people care so hard about not being able to get a furnishing, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfk View Post
    No need to be so passive aggressive, how many other games are pve based with pvp thrown in later? how many can you farm the pvp portion faster than the pve to get the pve rewards?
    Are you saying you can farm seal rock faster for tomes or something faster than dungeons? I mean, if you have no interest in pvp, then I don't see why you'd have interest in the feast. WD has always been aimed at those who actually want to pvp.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Technically they have the same rewards. In games like CS:GO and LoL people play for the rank category, not for cosmetics. You play to get Diamond... That's why I am surprised people care so hard about not being able to get a furnishing, lol.
    The problem is people in this game are more focused on having vanity then any type of ranking. It's just an incompatibility with most the community. Though even in LoL there are people who just get to Gold for the skin and that's all that is important to them.

I look at the items as a prestige thing to have any of those items from 1/10/100 to show you earned the ranking. That body will just be to show your epeen off and that's it. People will know you did well in PvP w/o having to look you up on a PvP site they wont probably visit anyways because they don't care about PvP.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

The whole point is that win trading in unused languages is incredibly lucrative, and this is their way of wanting to distract from it - That way the only people queueing up should be the people who actually care about their team based rank.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zagam Zixion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Are you saying you can farm seal rock faster for tomes or something faster than dungeons? I mean, if you have no interest in pvp, then I don't see why you'd have interest in the feast. WD has always been aimed at those who actually want to pvp.
    This is about feast not seal rock. Insta queues and short matches, yes you can farm tomes faster, which will bring nothing but tome farmers to the solo queues. Even if were talking about seal rock there are loads of farmers there too its just a lot easier to hide in a large group.

And why would I have no interest? I've played over 3k frontline matches, pvp is all I do so I wanted feast to be good but its shit already. The 4-4 premade is pointless if noone queues, the 8 man? might as well seal

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Your statement was worded very confusingly and I honestly had trouble ascertaining what you were trying to communicate. However, it seems like in your formulation there is only 8v8 and 4v4 pre-made, but you make no mention of solo queue.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Most people who play ranked play for skins in League, card backs in Hearthstone, etc. I believe Blizzard even said something like 90% of players only went to rank 20 in HS to get the card back and then stopped. People care about reward. I don't really care about the furnishing. But the body I do. But in the end I care more about being able to play with my friends and have it count towards rewards.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I can promise you if there were team based awards the thing to complain about would be, "These fucking win traders are getting all the items, why would you allow them to get items from team queue SE?!" i.e. triple triad tournament fixing all over again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Def

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Most people who play ranked play for skins in League, card backs in Hearthstone, etc. I believe Blizzard even said something like 90% of players only went to rank 20 in HS to get the card back and then stopped. People care about reward. I don't really care about the furnishing. But the body I do. But in the end I care more about being able to play with my friends and have it count towards rewards.
    You're completely ignoring the point that queuing as a 3 man with 1 extra completely ruins the Solo Queue aspect of it. You can't tell me 3 friends + 1 random doesn't have an advantage over 4 randoms. If anything they should allow groups of less then 4 queue into the premades and give the 1/10/100 rewards there, not make dynamic queue to Solo queue.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ezreal Nightrage
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

The system seems worthless to me. SE went and ruined another event with potential.

Season rewards are solo queue only and only rewarded to the top 1, 10, 100 people per data center. Basically means fuck your friends and no-life if you want even a remote shot at getting anything out of this.
    This just means you can't be carried by your team / buy wins or whatever. Sounds like another classic case of git gud from Yoshi.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Or maybe he's just the shitter most people with a brain think him to be

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zagam Zixion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Your statement was worded very confusingly and I honestly had trouble ascertaining what you were trying to communicate. However, it seems like in your formulation there is only 8v8 and 4v4 pre-made, but you make no mention of solo queue.
    Sorry, I guess my point is that seal rock is far from dead, feast will last a week or two because its new but them removing the rewards from premade is whats going to kill it. Ill be doing the premade feast to troll mount wintraders and thats about it.

Also wintrading wouldnt affect the 4 man premade rankings, that is unless you get 4 people to lose every match?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ezreal Nightrage
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Sorry, I guess my point is that seal rock is far from dead, feast will last a week or two because its new but them removing the rewards from premade is whats going to kill it. Ill be doing the premade feast to troll mount wintraders and thats about it.

Also wintrading wouldnt affect the 4 man premade rankings, that is unless you get 4 people to lose every match?
    I think you vastly overestimate how many people are rolling around with 3 of their friends all online at the same time desiring ranked PVP in Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, especially 2 weeks after a major raid content patch. I will do Feast when I'm not raiding, maybe I'll queue with some FC members if they are also available and not raiding, but the availability of a "4-man PVP static" on a regular basis is going to be next to impossible for most players.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Wolves Den in 2.1 was a good effort IMO by SE to try out pvp but there were multiple factors that killed community interest:

1) Arena gear - originally (yes it was patched later, but too late at that point) if you got to rank 30 super fast by win trading or whatever and got a full set of i90 gear, you could run amuck as a god among mere mortals and smite everyone in your way. I got to 30 pretty early and as a SMN I could solo 4 people chasing me. Sure they want to reward people for being dedicated to pvp but when you come in late and get shit on every match by people with more time than you it's disheartening.

2) Ability to duo/trio queue - I already posted about this in the thread, but 3 people on voice comms all coordinating is going to be a huge advantage over your 4 average joes queueing up solo. Most people are going to be queueing solo or duo at most, so forcing it to be a solo queue eliminates this issue completely. The playing field is evened.

Also, if you use French or some other unused language only I am willing to bet you could win trade regularly. You said yourself you plan to get friends and fuck with people who are doing so, but I doubt enough people exist in this game purely to sit in queue and fuck with other groups. You will get bored quick, especially because you can't see what they type so there is very little payoff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They should've kept rank to 1 man solo or 4 man pre-made. Make your rank based off of those two seperate (i.e. bronze solo and platinum diamond). They should've offered something a little more substantial based off rank. Maybe gold/platinum/diamond tier gears with chocobo barding?

But nah, this 10 person per data center getting the armor. Fuck that shit 100%.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

2) Ability to duo/trio queue - I already posted about this in the thread, but 3 people on voice comms all coordinating is going to be a huge advantage over your 4 average joes queueing up solo. Most people are going to be queueing solo or duo at most, so forcing it to be a solo queue eliminates this issue completely. The playing field is evened.
    god forbid if you get assblasted by a 3man group you find 2 other friends to queue with, you dont have to play solo and I dont know many people who enjoy the company of 3 complete strangers who are probably REALLY bad at the game

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zagam Zixion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Wolves Den in 2.1 was a good effort IMO by SE to try out pvp but there were multiple factors that killed community interest:

1) Arena gear - originally (yes it was patched later, but too late at that point) if you got to rank 30 super fast by win trading or whatever and got a full set of i90 gear, you could run amuck as a god among mere mortals and smite everyone in your way. I got to 30 pretty early and as a SMN I could solo 4 people chasing me. Sure they want to reward people for being dedicated to pvp but when you come in late and get shit on every match by people with more time than you it's disheartening.

Also, if you use French or some other unused language only I am willing to bet you could win trade regularly. You said yourself you plan to get friends and fuck with people who are doing so, but I doubt enough people exist in this game purely to sit in queue and fuck with other groups. You will get bored quick, especially because you can't see what they type so there is very little payoff.
    But they fixed it in feast..... its all or nothing, solo or full 4. The issue is while they ranked 4-4 premades there is 0 rewards. I have 0 issue segregating solo and premade, for the reasons you say. But you still need a reason to do it..... If people are willing to play the 4-4 premade ill do it, I dont care about glamor at all I just want to pvp but I know hardly anyone else will do it so there is no point.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffmode View Post
    I think you vastly overestimate how many people are rolling around with 3 of their friends all online at the same time desiring ranked PVP in Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, especially 2 weeks after a major raid content patch. I will do Feast when I'm not raiding, maybe I'll queue with some FC members if they are also available and not raiding, but the availability of a "4-man PVP static" on a regular basis is going to be next to impossible for most players.
    I think you are vastly underestimating the hardcore pvp crowd, just looking at the same players for months in seal rock you can see lots of small pockets of pre-mades or full on teams. Pre patch there is lots of people stating groups/LSes in anticipation for feast but todays news killed it.