1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 46 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Feast     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I ran with a MRD + SCH with me on SMN at all times. So we were doing the ass blasting, but it definitely made people mad enough to not queue anymore.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

already predicting the same trends for WD are gonna transfer over to the feast in which case PLD/NIN/xxx/xxx
    is going to be the ideal comp. Haven't decided whether or not WHM or AST is taking the 3rd spot.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

ninja was never best melee in WD though

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Probably AST due to instant heals. And I assume SMN for the ranged spot.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Does NIN require positional in PvP for TA to work or is that just PvE?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ezreal Nightrage
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfk View Post
    I think you are vastly underestimating the hardcore pvp crowd, just looking at the same players for months in seal rock you can see lots of small pockets of pre-mades or full on teams. Pre patch there is lots of people stating groups/LSes in anticipation for feast but todays news killed it.
    And you can still queue as a group of friends. You just don't get rewards for getting carried.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    ninja was never best melee in WD though
    perhaps in terms of raw dps that has merit, but never being the best, that's actually just not true, if you looked at some of the trends on the JP data centers, you would have noticed the metagame switch from hyper offensive setups to more control based comps, and those 2 jobs I stated before were present in a lot of WD runs

and ya you still need to follow PvE rules for TA

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyoko View Post
    Does NIN require positional in PvP for TA to work or is that just PvE?
    Still positional

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Went in solo on SMN, had a lot of fun. Only 3 matches so far but a lot of people trying it out right now. When things settle down I'll probably get my butt kicked but I'll be looking for people to team up with. Doing well on damage

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Marcicus View Post
    perhaps in terms of raw dps that has merit, but never being the best, that's actually just not true, if you looked at some of the trends on the JP data centers, you would have noticed the metagame switch from hyper offensive setups to more control based comps, and those 2 jobs I stated before were present in a lot of WD runs

and ya you still need to follow PvE rules for TA
    so jp are the best without a doubt then you are saying?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by fluffmode View Post
    This just means you can't be carried by your team / buy wins or whatever. Sounds like another classic case of git gud from Yoshi.
    It's not about carrying / being carried. It's about making progress with friends. You said you'll queue with people in down time periods. Are you saying you prefer there being no rewards for group play? If you are I just disagree. At the least it should have been top 1/10/100 from each separate ladder.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My understanding of rank is that it is only influenced by solo queue results, but who you are matched up against in full 4v4 queue is determined by your rank. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    It's not about carrying / being carried. It's about making progress with friends. You said you'll queue with people in down time periods. Are you saying you prefer there being no rewards for group play? If you are I just disagree. At the least it should have been top 1/10/100 from each separate ladder.
    pretty much this

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zagam Zixion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

And you can still queue as a group of friends. You just don't get rewards for getting carried.
    Are you just bitter you have no friends? This mode is for premades only, so you cant even cry about premades wrecking you, the complaint is about no point to do it, you know its actually a good thing for people like you, it keeps the better pvpers in a different queue.......

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

And you said I was getting passive aggressive, lmao

Making an argument against getting stomped by trio-queues?! guess you ain't got any friends nigga, get the fuck out

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ezreal Nightrage
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfk View Post
    Are you just bitter you have no friends? This mode is for premades only, so you cant even cry about premades wrecking you, the complaint is about no point to do it, you know its actually a good thing for people like you, it keeps the better pvpers in a different queue.......
    I have no friends that eat breathe and sleep PvP in a PvE game, no. The only bitter ones here are the ones that need friends to do well. So enjoy your "better" queue friend.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    And you said I was getting passive aggressive, lmao

Making an argument against getting stomped by trio-queues?! guess you ain't got any friends nigga, get the fuck out
    Do you even have any idea how a dynamic queue is actually supposed to work? Because how SE implemented it for Wolve's Den was not a good implementation. Games like HoTS/LoL/SCII work the match maker to always attempt to match similar groups together. (3+1 vs 3+1 or maybe 3+1 vs 2+2) Some of the better systems even prevent a solo queued player from ever being matched vs people queued in groups of say higher than 2 (worst case of 1+1+1+1 vs 2+1+1). You're making arguments based off SE's previous bad implementation vs what a proper dynamic queue would do.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

So you're arguing based off of a system that doesn't exist in the game and I am basing my posts on the one we actually have? Okay then.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    so jp are the best without a doubt then you are saying?
    they're better than their NA counterparts, they were better at Ballista, they're better than us at this, yes. Regardless I'd bet money that the trend followed through other DCs too.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zagam Zixion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I have no friends that eat breathe and sleep PvP in a PvE game, no. The only bitter ones here are the ones that need friends to do well. So enjoy your "better" queue friend.
    No one needs friends to do well, Id gladly put my solo record against yours. Im guessing you raid with total randoms every time too? should get off that high horse bud.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast