1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 4 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 5 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Feast     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Get close to the next promtion-> fall all the way back down to 569. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zagam Zixion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    So you're arguing based off of a system that doesn't exist in the game and I am basing my posts on the one we actually have? Okay then.
    I don't get why you keep bringing this up, it has 0 merit here, this is about FEAST there is NO 3-1 its all or nothing, why cant you grasp this?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfk View Post
    No one needs friends to do well, Id gladly put my solo record against yours. Im guessing you raid with total randoms every time too? should get off that high horse bud.
    5 pages in and we've already reached the level of "1v1 ME IN THE FEAST BRO". This truly is a pvp thread. *wipes tear from eye*

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Marcicus View Post
    they're better than their NA counterparts, they were better at Ballista, they're better than us at this, yes. Regardless I'd bet money that the trend followed through other DCs too.
    even though when they sent their best team over to aether they lost?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ezreal Nightrage
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Ok so are rewards supposed to be based on teams? Like you have to create teams from Season 3/4 LoL, and that's how rankings work? Or do you want a solo rank applied to you for any team you enter with?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by fluffmode View Post
    Ok so are rewards supposed to be based on teams? Like you have to create teams from Season 3/4 LoL, and that's how rankings work? Or do you want a solo rank applied to you for any team you enter with?
    I think there's merits to both that vary heavily on design ideals. If SE made their matchmaker work like the big esports games then solo rank applied to you would be fine (this is how S6 League of Legends does it and it has mixed community reviews. HoTS does it the same way and it seems to be liked there). Using Kiplings "but that's not how the game is" if they didn't redesign the matchmaker the rank applied to a team you formed would have been great.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

>Make it work like the big esports games
    >FFXIV

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

If you're going to make something super competitive there's no reason to not take the lessons learned from those games to heart.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ezreal Nightrage
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    I think there's merits to both that vary heavily on design ideals. If SE made their matchmaker work like the big esports games then solo rank applied to you would be fine (this is how S6 League of Legends does it and it has mixed community reviews. HoTS does it the same way and it seems to be liked there). Using Kiplings "but that's not how the game is" if they didn't redesign the matchmaker the rank applied to a team you formed would have been great.
    Well there isn't a separate team rank now in LoL, and I heavily don't trust SE to handle a team system.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    even though when they sent their best team over to aether they lost?
    just asked someone and it wasn't their best team but one of the top teams. thought i should be more accurate

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    If you're going to make something super competitive there's no reason to not take the lessons learned from those games to heart.
    But it's not super competitive. The ranks are because purely cosmetic things (pvp gear) weren't enough for the general masses. So far the fact that you don't lose points at a loss is enough to make it not super competitive.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've been going only as ast today, does anyone else just give up when your team can't get any kills in a few minutes? Nobody on my team dies but they can't kill anything just feels like a waste of time and effort

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Lot of autism going on in this thread. The easiest way to solve this would have been doing what every other PvP game worth its salt does and split your ranking between solo/4man queue, then give a set of rewards for each game mode. Solo queue gets its 1 furniture, 10 body, 100 hats; team queue gets team based or 4man queue ladder-specific rank rewards, like the top team gets furniture, top 4 teams get bodies, top 25 get hats, etc. or top 4man MMR gets the furniture, top 10 body, top 100 hats; it's harder to balance out the team queue rewards, but ignoring team queue entirely in a game mode that's meant to be ranked competition is so fucktarded that it legit made me laugh.

Also re: bitching about match fixing and win trading: if SE didn't make it so easy to exploit, this wouldn't (and shouldn't) be a problem. Competitive games with ranks, ladders, leaderboards, seasons, etc. actually monitor for these types of things (in general) and punish exploiters accordingly. If SE wants the playerbase to take their shit seriously, then they need to take it seriously too. If SE doesn't want the playerbase to take it seriously, then why the fuck put such stringent requirements and asinine mode restrictions on rewards for a game mode that, for all intents and purposes, is basically a minigame in comparison to the primary focus of the title.

tl;dr Set it up so both modes have separate MMR and have separate rewards, perhaps add better personal/seasonal/preseasonal rewards that are offered to a larger # of people (top 500 MMR get a cookie or something), etc.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zagam Zixion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    5 pages in and we've already reached the level of "1v1 ME IN THE FEAST BRO". This truly is a pvp thread. *wipes tear from eye*
    Were you born retarded of just get progressively dumber by the post? The dude is crying about premades and that people are carried because of it, I WANT to fight other premades not solo players which you clearly cant grasp. But if he thinks im being carried then yes ill put my stats up solo vs his, again not calling for a 1v1 , idiot.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ezreal Nightrage
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfk View Post
    Were you born retarded of just get progressively dumber by the post? The dude is crying about premades and that people are carried because of it, I WANT to fight other premades not solo players which you clearly cant grasp. But if he thinks im being carried then yes ill put my stats up solo vs his, again not calling for a 1v1 , idiot.
    Congratulations, Yoshi heard your wish. He just hotfixed premades into the Feast!

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Also the argument I've been reading of "lol solo queue is better anyway cuz then you're not being carried by your team and it's based on your own skill" is retarded. There is no 1v1 Arena here. You're only as strong as the weakest link in your team, and queuing up solo for a team based PvP game mode isn't going to turn you into John Rambo Superman Big Balls Extreme Mode Turbo Edition and suddenly allow you to go 1v4 and wreck the opposition. You're still reliant on your team mates for competitive play, what solo queue does is it adds a layer of randomness and potential to get fucked over by having 3 skilless fucks causing you to lose 10 games in a row because they can't coordinate in any basic, strategic fashion.

Cassalot

I personally love Feast. I love how fast it is in comparison to Seal Rock. Seal Rock was a commitment and sometimes I just wanna get a match in quick. I don't care about premades.. I prefer to solo queue anyways for the most part. At one point I loved premades but then all the Mael on Excal swapped to Adder!

Stop being dumb.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

excal came back to mael

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

assuming the rage vomit is over and done with:

i think feast is just ok. some of the mechanics are smart and/or good. making it so you kind of have to kill the tank to get the bigger bonuses at the end is a nifty way of evening out priorities and preventing you from just feeding on weaker players. but clearly the big picture execution of it all is poor and it's insanity that i can only do a meaningless 8v8 with 1 of my friends in pt, but not 2. that their best solution to some of these issues is forcefully not letting people play as 3 or omitting pt rewards goes to show you their limits in how good pvp can be.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

For me, Feast is legit as hell. It once again neutered Limit Breaks, so you have to be on point with your CC and abilities to kill people instead of waiting for the bar to fill to snipe people. Also the matches encourage tanks to play somewhat as tanks (at least in collecting medals, playing CC to protect healers). There's also a plenty of minor comeback mechanics added giving people a chance if they are getting wopped (Heavy Metal, Supply Kits, Culling Time). And hell, sometimes it's just fun reading your name on the screen as the person killing a ton of people in a match.

I think the only downside (or maybe upside) to the Feast is that the Fenrir Pup that drops there randomly has created incentive for people to try it out or continue to play in there until they get the drop... people who have no business at all doing PvP of any kind. While this makes for fast queues, sometimes as a solo queue man/woman you will get some of the shittiest 8 man or even 4 man teams of all time, simply because people are just slumming the queues for a minion and can't be bothered to put in any effort. With that said, it's some of the fastest queues any normal PvP player has seen in a very long time and should be this way for a few months.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast