1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 6 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Feast     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Pretty much what Sho said. I'm having way more fun with this than I ever did Seal Rock. Feels more challenging and satisfying to win.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

About the pup, it isn't an achievement reward is it?

edit; oh it is legit random. Random to winners or anyone? Probably too soon to confirm. Fuck me.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    About the pup, it isn't an achievement reward is it?

edit; oh it is legit random. Random to winners or anyone? Probably too soon to confirm. Fuck me.
    random to just participating, don't have to win you just have a chance.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

GG Kipling

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Also re: bitching about match fixing and win trading: if SE didn't make it so easy to exploit, this wouldn't (and shouldn't) be a problem. Competitive games with ranks, ladders, leaderboards, seasons, etc. actually monitor for these types of things (in general) and punish exploiters accordingly. If SE wants the playerbase to take their shit seriously, then they need to take it seriously too. If SE doesn't want the playerbase to take it seriously, then why the fuck put such stringent requirements and asinine mode restrictions on rewards for a game mode that, for all intents and purposes, is basically a minigame in comparison to the primary focus of the title.
    Well that's an easy one to answer. XIV wants to be all things to all players. Yoshi keeps saying how he wants the game to be a theme park with a ride for everyone. The problem is that the game is jack of all trades, master of none. Yeah the content is there...that doesn't mean it's implemented well or even fun to play.

I haven't done Feast yet but at least it sounds like something different from the usual PVP stuff. The added bonus of random drop rewards is kind of a double edged sword though. On the one hand it gets more people playing, at least for a while. On the other hand, there's surely a lot of people who are not interested or good at PVP shitting up the queues which puts a damper on things for people who do put actual effort into PVP. I'm inclined to lean in this case towards the stance that regular PVP players shouldn't be forced to deal with a sea of casuals who are only doing it for a minion. There are plenty of other ways to obtain minions in the game and besides, it's only a way to breathe artificial life into the PVP mode and people queuing to get it is a phenomenon that will die off soon enough. So I'd say the only redeeming factor to random drop minion is to force people to try The Feast.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Feast itself is fun, significantly better than the trainwreck that is Frontlines. My grievance lies in its mockery of a competitive ladder system, particularly since so much hype went behind it. A good ladder is what XIV's PvP needs to retain larger amounts of participants than just the hardcore PvP and do nothing else crowd. It's very poorly implemented and leaves a sour taste in my mouth in terms of the potential longevity of the game mode. It's likely that a majority of the PvP crowd will switch to Feast for a while, but once Fenrir makes it rain all the other people will be gone as fuck without better incentive, and for those of us looking for higher tier competitive ranked PvP, the current implementation simply is not sufficient and needs to be reworked.

P.s. if I'm going to get banned for expressing a negative opinion, so be it. Not censoring myself and being a carebear just because of fist waving. System is far from perfect, and this is my opinion on why.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

It's definitely the most well designed PvP mode they've put out, I'd hope they lighten up the restrictions for queueing once the population dies down a bit but I know better. At the very least calling it Feast is pretty appropriate right now, finally did some light party 4v4 tonight and it's hilarious how fast every single match is over, perfect record ruined by our WAR trying to manmode the team in their spawn with 90% vuln on him:
    Spoiler: show

Friends group had a very similar record, they lost one game to Kisada and that was it.

Cassalot

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post

P.s. if I'm going to get banned for expressing a negative opinion, so be it. Not censoring myself and being a carebear just because of fist waving. System is far from perfect, and this is my opinion on why.
    lolno. When you spend the day arguing and shit posting the thread up, then you'll get banned Everyone has a right to their opinion. idgaf

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    It's definitely the most well designed PvP mode they've put out, I'd hope they lighten up the restrictions for queueing once the population dies down a bit but I know better. At the very least calling it Feast is pretty appropriate right now, finally did some light party 4v4 tonight and it's hilarious how fast every single match is over, perfect record ruined by our WAR trying to manmode the team in their spawn with 90% vuln on him:
    Spoiler: show

Friends group had a very similar record, they lost one game to Kisada and that was it.
    ya was gonna say, feast is pretty much the right word for any group that has a clue. only team i lost to was exodus, but they are very coordinated and very good.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

i didn't even know you were playing again.

yeah phantom assassin and his crew are ridiculous, i don't say this often but i have never gotten my ass whooped so quickly before in my life at anything until yesterday <_>

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Well I was having fun with it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

<3 you too boo.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All the fun is over. People not using their brain in 8v8 and so much split dps.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wouldn't removing the language queue selection for PVP modes deter most attempts at win-trading? Possibly stagger accepted queues also so people can't try and time it also.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Suzu it must be nice to go against DPS that priorize killing a fucking Warrior on the getgo and litreally stand there as you burst them down on SMN

itt I bitch about pve bads and wonder why I still play

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

a lot of players have been obnoxiously bad. they may die out in a week or two but who knows.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Wouldn't removing the language queue selection for PVP modes deter most attempts at win-trading? Possibly stagger accepted queues also so people can't try and time it also.
    this might be a solution. maybe also just outlawing any rewards if you go against 4 of the same server. i don't think there's anything out there that will completely stop it but at least you can limit it with some basic stuff.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Totally didn't click that was you Korial. Was so focused on trying to get a win out and luckily we did. Kept thinking who the fuck is this drg.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there anything tanks (war) should be doing besides just be an ass towards healers till they pop attunement? Certain matches starting to bug me recently.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's all i've been doing. The occasional tab over and burn a dps who is in the wrong place at the wrong time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast