1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Feast     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

What sucks is when you go MNK and demolish a healer and then next match they convince their entire team to target you and you get ass blasted.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

anyone posting good winrates on solo dark? just curious cause i have basically seen 80% wars and 15% plds. rarely any drks.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    What sucks is when you go MNK and demolish a healer and then next match they convince their entire team to target you and you get ass blasted.
    Literally today. Figure have fun on mnk, I go in and im burned to hell for stealing aether stacks off a sch.

won a smooth 4v4 with drk in pt just now, but i have no idea what they bring to the table.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    anyone posting good winrates on solo dark? just curious cause i have basically seen 80% wars and 15% plds. rarely any drks.
    I'm at like 65% win rate on DRK; could be a lot higher if not for a bunch of badddddd healers.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Has anyone figured out how assists are determined?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I think one of my favorite things so far is that all the jobs that use TP don't sprint because patch notes are hard and shit.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sprint, pop invigorate or enliven. You will never go through all your TP in this game's PVP.

My problem is breaking out of the habit of not using tp regeneration after sprinting because muscle memory

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...50#post3620950

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Hello, everyone. Producer and Director Yoshida here.

Allow me to thank you all for your feedback on our newest PvP addition, the Feast! I would like to take a moment to talk a little about some adjustments we’re planning to make, based on your comments and on our own experiences playing on the public servers. These adjustments will be made in two installments, starting with patch 3.22, which is scheduled for 3/17 JST, and patch 3.25 (please note that we may make additional changes if we deem them necessary.)

System Changes
    Match Time Limits
    We’ve received feedback that many players feel both 4 on 4 and 8 on 8 matches go on for too long. Therefore, we will be reducing all match time limits from 10 minutes to 8 minutes with patch 3.22.

Moreover, we are currently discussing whether or not to adjust the number of medals required for a team to claim victory outright, so any feedback you can provide regarding this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Improving the Flow of Battle
    Many players have commented that casual 8 on 8 matches can feel stale and boring. Because inexperienced players are more likely to divide their attacks and each team contains two healers, it can be difficult to KO opponents.

Therefore, in an effort to hasten the flow of battle, we will be making adjustments to Culling Time, as well as the frequency and placement of supply boxes.

Starting in patch 3.2, players in 8 on 8 matches will be afflicted by Culling Time at the following intervals:

• 1st stack: 2:00 → 1:00
    • 2nd stack: 2:30 → 1:30
    • 3rd stack: 3:00 → 2:00
    • 4th stack: 3:30 → 2:30
    • 5th stack: 4:30 → 3:00

We believe this will result in increased KOs and discourage teams from playing defensively to protect a lead.

The adjustments we are planning to make to supply box placement, quantity, and frequency in both 4 on 4 and 8 on 8 matches is for a similar purpose—to further encourage the use of supply kits and make matches more exciting.

A number of you have made similar requests in the same vein—that we reduce the number of barriers in the center of the arenas to improve line of sight, that we adjust the rate at which adrenaline builds, and so forth. Rest assured that we are carefully considering these suggestions.

However, to be clear, for patch 3.22, we are only planning to make adjustments to Culling Time for 8 on 8 matches. The aforementioned changes to supply boxes, as well as any potential changes to map barriers, will be made in patch 3.25.

Tanks and Heavy Medal
    As previously explained, one of our main objectives with these changes is to make matches faster and more dynamic, and so we would like to address the problem that tanks, even when afflicted with Heavy Medal, are more difficult to KO than intended.

To that end, with patch 3.22, a stack of Heavy Medal will increase damage received by 15% (currently 10%) Furthermore, we will be reducing the medal counts at which players incur another stack of Heavy Medal.

• 1st stack: 150 → 150 10% → 15%
    • 2nd stack: 200 → 170 20% → 30%
    • 3rd stack: 225 → 190 30% → 45%
    • 4th stack: 250 → 200 40% → 60%
    • 5th stack: 260 → 210 50% → 75%
    • 6th stack: 270 → 220 60% → 90%
    • 7th stack: 280 → 230 70% → 105%
    • 8th stack: 290 → 240 80% → 120%
    • 9th stack: 300 → 250 90% → 135%

We believe these changes will help to prevent matches from becoming stale by forcing players to change tactics, as tanks carrying multiple stacks of Heavy Medal will be easier to KO, and teams will be encouraged to distribute their medals among players more equally.

Casting Interruptions and Ranged Physical DPS Penalties
    A great many players had the following to say about PvPing as casters:

• It’s too difficult to play as a healer.
    • It’s too hard to cast spells in PvP

To be fair, healers who join a PvP match for the first time are likely to struggle, as they are frequently targeted and have much greater difficulty casting spells than they would in PvE situations. This situation is further exacerbated by the fact that Sprint does not consume TP in PvP (which beginners may not even be aware of, much less accustomed to), allowing opponents to quickly close the gap and interrupt their casting.

As previously stated, our aim is to make battles faster and more dynamic. And so, in addition to making supply boxes more useful, we want to reduce the burden currently placed on healers and shift strategies away from, “KO the healer to stop healing” and more towards, “Focus on dealing damage through heals and KO opponents.”

We have decided to make significant changes to spell casting functionality in order to achieve this goal.

• Damage received is less than 15% of max HP → Casting succeeds.
    • Damage received is 15% or more of max HP → Casting is interrupted.
    • Sleep/Stun/Silence → Casting is interrupted (no change).

While these changes will make it easier to interrupt a caster with a series of combo actions or critical hit, it will also prevent casters from being interrupted by anything less than a committed attack. If players want to consistently interrupt a player’s casting, they will need to adapt their playstyle and rely more heavily on Stun, Sleep, and Silence.

That being said, it was a very difficult decision for us to settle on 15%, so we would greatly appreciate it if you could let us know whether or not you feel this threshold is appropriate.

Many players also voiced concerns regarding ranged physical DPS classes, like bard and machinist, which currently suffer damage penalties when attacking opponents at significant range.

To address this issue, from patch 3.22, players under the effect of Wanderer’s Minuet or Gauss Barrel will not suffer damage penalties due to distance. However, please note that these penalties will still apply when these abilities are not in use.

Job-specific Changes
    Arcanist/Summoner
    Following the release of Seal Rock, we received a great deal of feedback from players worrying that summoner burst damage might be overpowered. However, we could not evaluate the situation based on data from Seal Rock alone, and so we were not ready to make adjustments until after many players participated in the Feast’s 4 on 4 rated matches. We have since concluded that summoner burst damage is indeed exceedingly high, as well as the total damage dealt over the course of a match via dots.

To rectify the situation, we will be making significant adjustments to summoner PvP abilities with patch 3.22.

I won’t go into the details here, but if you wish to review the specific changes, please refer to the patch notes.

I should also mention that we have received a great deal of feedback regarding dark knight and ninja, and at the moment we are testing adjustments intended to improve their performance in PvP. These changes are currently planned for patch 3.25, and we ask that you please wait a little longer.

We will continue to gather your feedback and make adjustments to player matching and other systems in preparation for season one of the Feast, which begins with patch 3.25. While many of these adjustments are prioritized for this patch, if we determine that there are significant balancing issues that must first be addressed, then as previously stated, we may have to delay the official start of season one for one to two weeks.

We know that PvP is a demanding pastime that not everyone enjoys, and we cannot tell you enough how much we value the feedback you all provide, which helps us to fine tune this content. We hope that you will keep on playing and keep on telling us what you think!

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Wow, already making a lot of good changes, I'm super impressed. Not 100% sure on how I feel about the Heavy Medal change (I usually wind up picking up a lot of medals as DPS/healer because solo queue teams tend to ignore them) and I'm curious to see how much they're toning down SMN (I actually don't think it needs a huge adjustment in 4v4, maybe just tone down Pain and Deathflare a bit). Really happy they're fixing the one huge complaint I've had about MCH though since it's what I've been playing most, the damage variance is fucking dreadful and you can't do a thing about it when you're focused which is a super common occurrence.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Wow those casting changes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sounds like smn is getting massive nerfs. Pretty fucking stupid but what do you expect from a producer who listens to the shitters on the of so blindly

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Wolves Den scared a lot of people off, so I am not surprised The Feast is being adjusted quickly and catering to people who are not hardcore pvp-ers. Otherwise it will go the way of Wolves Den again and everything will dry up outside of the 50 or so people that queue up and then it becomes boring (fighting the same people over and over again, I mean).

Concepts like stutter stepping and LoSing people that are chasing you are not concepts people who have never played MMOs before usually know about.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Considering they want to go competitive with this mode in a sense (at least in Japan anyway) it does make sense they're focusing on the "overall appeal", since that's what they always seem to focus on when it comes to this game anyway.

I think main issue with WD was it degraded into win trading pretty quickly, then if you so much as even try to get into it you get curbstomped by a team of (usually botters/hackers) 20+ ranks over you.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I think the casting stuff will be worse for BLMs honestly. Not looking forward to SMN nerf

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

blm goes from prob worst ranged to best (by far) with this change. kinda mad i have to lvl up blm now to 60

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

just sitting there unloading enochian is going to be a nightmare for someone who is slowed/stunned

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

a whm and blm team is going to be an absolute fucking nightmare if they are any good. especially when the casters go full vit points and full vit accessories to bring their threshold up big time.

add a pld in there and say hello to the most obnoxious lineup ever

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

also they are gonna have to buff nin pretty fucking hard to make up for not having fetter ward. otherwise it's gonna be shit tier.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

thanks yoshi for confirming you give two fucks about any sort of competitiveness at all. seal rock needs to go back to being popular on primal :/

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Many players also voiced concerns regarding ranged physical DPS classes, like bard and machinist, which currently suffer damage penalties when attacking opponents at significant range.

To address this issue, from patch 3.22, players under the effect of Wanderer’s Minuet or Gauss Barrel will not suffer damage penalties due to distance. However, please note that these penalties will still apply when these abilities are not in use.
    Wait, I thought they already did this? Or is it just in Seal Rock? I distinctly remember they removed the damage penalty if we were under bow/gun-mage stance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast