Blog Entries

18 Demos included

Spoiler: show
    • Allumette (Penrose)
    • Battlezone (Rebellion)
    • DriveClub VR (SIE WWS)
    • Eve: Valkyrie (CCP Games)
    • Gnog (KO_OP)
    • Harmonix Music VR (Harmonix Music Systems)
    • Headmaster (Frame Interactive)
    • Here They Lie (SIE WWS)
    • Job Simulator (Owlchemy Labs)
    • PlayStation VR Worlds (SIE WWS)
    • Resident Evil 7 biohazard — Kitchen Teaser (Capcom)
    • Rez Infinite (Enhance Games)
    • Rigs Mechanized Combat League (SIE WWS)
    • Thumper (Drool)
    • Tumble VR (SIE WWS)
    • Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (SIE WWS)
    • Wayward Sky (Uber Entertainment)
    • Within (Within)
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...-vr-demo-disc/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm really on the fence on this one. I can afford it but aside from maybe Rez, Super Hyper Cube and Job Sim, there's not much else I want to play. That's not even getting into the $499 price of the bundle plus $29.99 a pop for each of those games. I'm not as "fuck yes" about this as I was with the PS4 launch and the upcoming PS4 Pro. I want to want it, but I don't want to buy it and play all those games for a day and have it sit on my desk for months until the next worthy game comes out.

I have like 2 hours to decide before i'm stuck without one for the foreseeable future.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

GB says it's the most comfortable headset versus Vive and Rift. Most of the launch titles look like shovelware with an exception of a couple. I had a good laugh at the price of Batman, $20, because the devs said that there is only an hour of game play.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Despite my hangups I picked one up anyways. Job Simulator is a must-buy. If you think i'm wrong try the demo that's included. I tried Rez, Thumper, The Playroom, and I actually bought tumble VR. Tumble was cheaper and the kinda funny guys were saying its a nice serene little VR game. It was also $10.

Rez:

I'm not entirely sure what was wrong with it but this game just didn't do it for me. I think it had to do with the mostly on rails gameplay, not that I wasn't expecting it. I played a shitload of Rez on PS2 and I think I'm just over it.

Thumper:

Thumper was pretty fun. I'm not a big fan of rhythm games but I enjoyed the demo. I won't be picking up the full game.

The Playroom:

This game is free on the PSN. It has this third person action adventure mode that was pretty fun. I'd love to be able to play more games like that.

Anyways I have a lot more to add but i'm hungry, disoriented, sleepy and I have a headache (no motion sickness at all).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    Despite my hangups I picked one up anyways. Job Simulator is a must-buy. If you think i'm wrong try the demo that's included. I tried Rez, Thumper, The Playroom, and I actually bought tumble VR. Tumble was cheaper and the kinda funny guys were saying its a nice serene little VR game. It was also $10.

Rez:

I'm not entirely sure what was wrong with it but this game just didn't do it for me. I think it had to do with the mostly on rails gameplay, not that I wasn't expecting it. I played a shitload of Rez on PS2 and I think I'm just over it.

Thumper:

Thumper was pretty fun. I'm not a big fan of rhythm games but I enjoyed the demo. I won't be picking up the full game.

The Playroom:

This game is free on the PSN. It has this third person action adventure mode that was pretty fun. I'd love to be able to play more games like that.

Anyways I have a lot more to add but i'm hungry, disoriented, sleepy and I have a headache (no motion sickness at all).
    So after hitting the bed for a couple minutes I started feeling it. Nauseous, dizzy, vertigo... etc. I decided to recalibrate and redo the eye distance thing and things felt better when gaming. When viewing Vrideo be sure you hold down options to recenter everything. I had a hard time reading shit because it felt too far away and it's because it needs to be recentered when you open the app. After watching a few videos on there (some good, some REALLY REALLY bad for VR) I started feeling odd. After taking off the headset and sitting down for a few minutes I started to feel sick.

VR seriously takes a toll and even if you think you can handle it definitely rest for 15 minutes every hour you play. Luckily my household just went through a few nasty cold bugs so we have plenty of ginger ale (made with real ginger) and saltines so i'm just waiting on the ginger to kick in at this point.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I was really looking forward to this, but most of the stuff I read says its crap. Anyone else have one and can give a review?

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Ive only gotten to use it a little but its pretty awesome imo. Granted i never tried Oculus or Vive but from the little bit of batman i played, the miku demo and the playroom VR im pretty sold on this so far

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    I was really looking forward to this, but most of the stuff I read says its crap. Anyone else have one and can give a review?
    Honestly if you're on the fence at all just wait it out. There's nothing but short tech-demo-ey games out right now. It might have just been my crazy day today but I couldn't play it for prolonged periods. I'd do 1-2 demos then stop for a few hours, then try another 1-2 demos and stop again.

The only thing I wish someone told me before I bought it would be to wait until you can demo it somewhere. I impulse purchased it because it was cheap VR, but had I played the rift, or vive or demoed PSVR I would've upgraded my PC and went with the Vive 2.0 in the future.

I sound really pessimistic about it but there's a lot of great experiences to have. You need to put in some effort to calibrate everything and seriously clear out your play area. Rez, Thumper, Tumble, The Kitchen, and Job Sim. are all great games. I heard that Eve Valkyrie is actually not worth the $60 price tag. I'm a little hesitant to drop $30-40 on the Assembly and Loading Human. I don't know if the cost is worth the short amount of game time. There's also fucking Sports VR coming soon:

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Sounds like its a hard pass, for now.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i had a chance to try it out at my friend's place last night, only really messed with the demo disc stuff. my very brief impressions of what i tried: rez and eve were really neat, RE7 has a lot of jank but was probably the best use of the VR medium, and driveclub was a very unpleasant experience -- very frequently disorienting and nauseating. no idea if it's something with the calibration, but my friend had similar complaints about that one as well.

VR certainly has a lot of potential, but i definitely wouldn't drop the cash on it just yet.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Probably be a good 6 months til anything close to amazing drops.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    i had a chance to try it out at my friend's place last night, only really messed with the demo disc stuff. my very brief impressions of what i tried: rez and eve were really neat, RE7 has a lot of jank but was probably the best use of the VR medium, and driveclub was a very unpleasant experience -- very frequently disorienting and nauseating. no idea if it's something with the calibration, but my friend had similar complaints about that one as well.

VR certainly has a lot of potential, but i definitely wouldn't drop the cash on it just yet.
    It's all about the calibration. If it's calibrated right Driveclub and everything else feels a lot better. Rez generally feels good regardless just because there's not as much shit going on and it's not trying to be photorealistic.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

"Hundreds of Thousands" Sales Worldwide
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/13/plays...r-the-ps4.html

All i am seeing are people loving it. seeing a bad review on it makes me happy. But also makes me wonder did they get a bad headset, are people forcing themselves to like it and ignoring all the stuff wrong with it? I didn't think VR was going to be that great and that one review pretty much satisfied me and i wont be buying it to it for a long time

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle