FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Actually, since you're doing binary operation (in or out) on all of them, you could probably build the autovalve and compressor into the same motor/assembly. let me see what i can whip up; this is something i'm actually somewhat familiar with. most of my freebuilding technic experience is with automation :D

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

oh here we go, turns out i dont even need to. sariel's already done something you can easily adapt: http://sariel.pl/2008/12/pneumatic-autovalve/

just slap a compressor on the end of the axle with the worm gear.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

All this Lego stuff reminds me of the six months I temped at Hasbro. My desk was right next to the Kre-O (bootleg Lego) engineers area. It was literally a room with just a big table in the middle and drawers of organized Kre-O bricks lining three of the walls. They would get a bunch of assignments like, "We need a new Optimus Prime Kre-O set with X number of pieces." Then about half a dozen people would just sit around playing with bricks until they came up with a few design ideas. They always looked like they had the best job on Earth. Sadly, my only involvement was building spreadsheets to compare various plastic vendors around the world to try and shave hundreds of pennies off each brick in production.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    Actually, since you're doing binary operation (in or out) on all of them, you could probably build the autovalve and compressor into the same motor/assembly. let me see what i can whip up; this is something i'm actually somewhat familiar with. most of my freebuilding technic experience is with automation :D
    I appreciate it, but it is still wasted space, not to mention pneumatic is unpredictable (movement is not always the exact same) and slow and I want the transformation fast like in the game.

For reference this is what's going to be crammed into that model at the very least:
    - 4 L motors for drive, since the first version failed with 2 XL's, I decided to mount a L motor on the side of the wheels (same place where the electro motor is on the "real thing"). These L's in pairs of 2 are part of a steering box. One steering box on the left controlling the front left and rear left wheel and the same for the right. So all I have to do for the battle mode switch is push those 2 boxes from each other. A gearrack could even do the job for that.
    - 3 servo's. One for each steering box and one to switch between steering modes (normal, crab and zero degree turn).
    - 2 Battery boxes (the ones used for trains though) and a switch linked to the steering mode selector servo to turn the direction of the wheels in one of the steering boxes for the zero degree turn.
    - 9 strings of PF lights. I am not building the model without those 6 lights on the front, since it it basically a signature of the entire thing. The other 3 strings are for the rearlights and a lit afterburner.
    - 2 M motors (most likely) to handle 1 or 2 functions on the turret and have the cabin open remotely
    - 3 IR recievers to control the whole thing
    - And also trying and keep the cockpit free for an actual chair, steeringwheel and screens.

So ya, no room for pneumatics.

Good talk though, because since talking about it I figured out that I basically need to do the following:
    - Extend the arms>which will automatically turn the wheels close to 90 degrees due to the nature of the Claas steering mechanism (solid, smallest possible slack compared to other quick turning options)
    - Push out the steering boxes>wheels align themselves and battle mode complete

My only desire now is to combine those 2 mechanisms in 1 motor/mechanism. So push arms forward and then outward. I am sure I have seen people get this result on some supercar doors, but I forgot which ones.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Gonna need a better shelf

Spoiler: show

Also got Mega Yarn Yoshi

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Hmm... that's still a lateral movement so my first thought is actuators again, but there should be a way to do that with clever rotary movements.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Toshi Prower
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Amiibos, Infinity characters and DVD collection! We just got these shelves about a month ago at Ikea and they are just the perfect size for DVDs and figures. Love them. We're gonna get one more for our manga collection. My weeb power was off the charts back when most of these dvds came out, I have toned down the anime purchasing since then. Haha

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

i have boatloads of 40k stuff, multiple factions (tyranids, daemons, chaos, every variety of space marine, and a lot of conversions from their fantasy system). these are just a few of the things on the block right now:

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

This shelf is great for books and large statues (it's pretty deep). The whole thing is solid and you can't move the shelves.
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/images/pro...E383235_S4.JPG

This shelf is great for games of all sizes. You can adjust/buy more shelves but it's pretty shallow (I had small characters on it).
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/images/pro...E390717_S4.JPG

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Pretty much all of my collection is packed away from moving to Nebraska. All I have out now is stuff I've purchased over the last 5 months of living here. I so look forward to getting a house to unpack it all.

Just took these as I got a package from Japan today, so new stuff.

Books on the top shelf are my boyfriends. That's just a tiny fraction of his collection. Books on second are mine. I like to grab hard covers at the Dollar Tree when I see ones that look interesting. Most of the stuff you'll see is Pokemon, although I have a rather large dragon statue/figure collection packed away right now.

Some more Pokemon with various other figures.

The only pictures I could find of my old room showing my dragons were from 2014, so here's sort of an idea. Yes, I had a LOT of shit in one room. I was cleaning, too.. so it looks messier than normal.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Where are you in NE? And why? I've lived in Omaha most of my life. Anime Iowa is one of the best cons but the NE cons are pretty... yeah.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Just outside of Nebraska City. My boyfriend of 8 years that I met online lived here. Just finally made the move back in November.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nice stuff! I haven't been able to do much collecting in the past few years thanks to money. The stuff I did have (GI Joes, Power Rangers etc.) are either in a storage bin somewhere or with my nephew in FL.

Some of my favorite toys to collect though were these Japanese vinyl kaiju ("strange beasts") like Godzilla and them. While we lived in Okinawa, my parents took us to a Japanese toy store one day. I saw these weird looking monsters made out of vinyl and I was just blown away by how cool I thought they looked. I had about 12 of them, but these were the only two that survived after 24 years.

Mechani-kong

Twin-tail

I'd love to get back into collecting that stuff, finances willing.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

New additions from March. Gotta slow down for financial reasons for a while. Gonna be hard avoiding Toys R Us, Walgreen's, and the toy section of Target.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

All of my stuff is storage now but I have 20+ bins. I'll have to see if I have old pictures or post new ones in a few years.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Oh my god I must get that metroid!

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Oh my god I must get that metroid!
    Jakks distribution is a mess, so finding them in the wild is very random. Best bet, if you're not near a TRU, is to follow the World of Nintendo Reddit to see when they go on sale online.

BG Level

just finished build and basing for big stompy robot. cultist in front is about 1" tall for size reference. wasn't too awful, just fiddly with the hip joints and leg pistons. only real issue was the ammo feed; took about an hour heating, posing, re-heating, and posing to get it right.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

dude that's fucking awesome, can't wait to see it painted!

i assume that's for a wargame? which one?

BG Level

thanks man. it's for warhammer, specifically for the 30k/heresy era. it's a mechanicus Thanatar-Calix Siege Automata (i.e. big stompy robot, with grav hammer and guns guns guns). going to go for the classic mars red and gold.