+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I wonder if Shiro ends up dying by the end of the first season or something. Keith and Lance don't look right in those colors lol.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I can't stop hearing Finn's voice coming from Lance lol.

VOLTRON! Yeah, that’s right! @herocomplexgallery has teamed up with @dreamworkspictures and @netflix for an epic art show! New work by 40+ artists. Opens this Saturday, June 4th!

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Literally The Legend of Korra in space, and that's A-Okay by me.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Another trailer with amazing hand drawn sakuga animation.
    http://io9.gizmodo.com/new-voltron-l...ium=socialflow

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Staff are posting about the show

https://twitter.com/cteez
    Character Designer (Voltron: Legendary Defender and Legend of Korra)

https://twitter.com/steveahn82
    Director at Voltron, Dreamworks Animation TV

Ah.. I’m so proud of this shot. An exercise in moon light.
    http://chrispalmerart.tumblr.com/
    Storyboard
    This is what was shown at WonderCon and it’s awesome to finally have it online. I think all the hard work that goes into this series by the crews at Dreamworks TV Animation and Studio Mir really shows.

Hope everyone enjoys the show when the first bunch of episodes drop next Friday, June 10th! This is only the beginning

The above scene was storyboarded by Eugene Lee, key animated by SeokJin Jang.
    This confirms they are more episodes in the future.

http://thebestlaurenmontgomery.tumblr.com/
    executive producer and co-showrunner on the animated series Voltron: Legendary Defender.

This is the one trailer I’m most proud of. It was 100% crew created with original music done by the actual show composers. I’m so happy we’re finally able to share it with the rest of the world that wasn’t able to see it at Wonder Con.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The Hero Complex!:

WOW THE SPACE MICE WILL BE IN THE SHOW.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BGOOVMHL84U/

My piece in the Hero Complex gallery. There will be space mice… Oh yes, there will be space mice.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

long interview with Joaquim Dos Santos about the show:
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebar.../#4fca03946fba

Ollie Barder(interviewer opinion after watching the first episode "about an hour long").
    Having already seen the first episode for Voltron: Legendary Defender, I was more than pleasantly surprised by how good it was. However, considering Joaquim’s background I probably should have had a little more faith.

As many already know, Hollywood is generally awful when it comes to dealing with Japanese intellectual properties. In this instance though, this production for Voltron: Legendary Defender has a definite Trans-Pacific feel to it.

Again, I suppose I should not have been surprised at how good this new Voltron was, as it’s clear the production behind it are actually insightful enough to go back to the original series’ roots. It’s this deeper sense of drama and a greater focus on serialized narrative that has really helped to underpin this new show.

I only wish more productions like this were the norm rather than a depressing rarity. Going back to the source material and building upon that is the way forward with these kinds of Trans-Pacific type productions. I only hope more people in Hollywood take note, as this is how do an anime adaptation properly.

E. Body
    BG Level

Yea, have total faith in the Avatar team. Sadly they(avatar series) weren't well accepted

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Iono View Post
    Yea, have total faith in the Avatar team. Sadly they(avatar series) weren't well accepted
    They weren't?

I know Korra seems to have it's haters. I loved it though. I can't imagine how good Avatar could have been on Netflix instead of Nick.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    They weren't?
    Well, by season 3(?) Korra was webisodes only, and weren't even sure if they were gonna get renewed.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Wow, that's sad to hear I watched the entire Air Bender series back to back so I am waiting for Korra to be finished to do the same. I didn't know the series had dwindled in such a way.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Korra season 2 had its troubles with the narrative. They even made fun of season 2's plot in the comedy recap in season 4. Season 2 also had 2 studios doing the animation duties. Studio Pierrot got a lot of flak for the lackluster animation quality. Studio Mir, the ones that animate Voltorn, brought us spectacular animation that was night and day above the Pierrot episodes. See Beginnings Parts 1 and 2 as the prime example. Seasons 3 & 4 were pretty damn good.

Have to realize that Korra was originally slated to be a 1 season story that ended up getting renewed for 3 more seasons. They didn't exactly have plots written out after season 1 that Mike and Brian got caught with their pants down when Nick made a renewal order.

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    Wow, that's sad to hear I watched the entire Air Bender series back to back so I am waiting for Korra to be finished to do the same. I didn't know the series had dwindled in such a way.
    Go watch it. It's awesome. I love it myself and think it's still outshines 98% of every other American show out there. It got pretty dark at times but man it was awesome.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

latest Interview. they talk about they frustration working with networks(@9:45) and Studio Mir at the start.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Iono View Post
    Well, by season 3(?) Korra was webisodes only, and weren't even sure if they were gonna get renewed.
    After Book 1 they'd already received the orders for books 2-4. They were never going to get "cancelled", Nickelodeon is just stupid. And honestly, with the tone of books 3 and 4, I'm not sure it would have been totally appropriate on Nick anyway.

Edit: And as for Studio Perriot, their non-action scenes leave a lot to be desired when compared to Studio Mir, but Perriot's action scenes were/are as good as or better than Mir's (which is not to say that Mir's are bad).

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Reviews of the first episodes (3 episodes as a movie) about 70 minutes in length.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebar.../#2d9062dc9430
    As this is the first episode in the series, it’s clear that a lot of ground needed covering and so some things feel a little rushed. There’s clearly a good amount of backstory planned here though, from the characters to the whole setup with the evil aliens intent to conquer the universe.
    Still, it was a strong opening episode and it’s clear that there is more to this Voltron reboot than earlier attempts. The characters are done well, the mecha design is spot-on and the animation is solid too.
    this is a solid first episode to a Voltron reboot done well. Now that the groundwork has been laid, it will be interesting to see how the narrative will progress across future episodes.
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/reviews...iew-episode-1/
    Voltron Legendary Defender isn’t trying to sell us toys. Instead, it builds on the themes that made the original so much fun, with teamwork close to the core.
    Here, the story unfolds more organically, and it makes a difference. We get interesting characters and compelling story instead of melodrama intended to make us hold our breaths until we turned as blue as Lance’s helmet.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Thanks all for the updated info on Korra. I don't want to hi-hack this thread for that, but is Korra complete now?

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Yeah, all four books have aired. Not sure if they're still on Nick's site (I kind of doubt it) but I'm sure you can find them somewhere.

Edit: If you don't like the second season, try to truck through it anyway. (I would say just skip it but it introduces characters who have recurring roles in the last two books so it's worth knowing where they come from.) Books 3 and 4 are much better.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

If you do skip Book 2, at least watch Beginnings Part 1 and 2. They are probably some of the best episodes in both series.