1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 8 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 8 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    How long was it into FFXI's development did we run into PS2 limitations lol
    And a lot of the "PS2 Limitations" were just a polite way/PR speak of saying "No don't want to do that" or "We don't know how to do that (it was their first MMO after all.) This is why I see PS3 and PS4 limitations (and realistically more likely it's just Sony's redtape being a bitch) in a similar light. A lot of things the PS2 supposedly limited in XI we got years later, for example we weren't supposed to go beyond 60 inventory slots at best nor were we supposedly able to have access to our storage outside of our actual mog house due to said limitations; Let alone having access to 4+ 80 slot inventories (including an upcoming wardrobe addition) and an expanded Mog House all the while still very much being a game running PS2 design.

So I never take all "PS3 Limitations" seriously that seem suspect especially when Yoshi said himself in order to install plugins for console users all they have to do is offer the most popular ones on PC as a download - but to also say "blahblah DPS Meter discussions blah blah" makes it seem less console limitation and more "I don't want to upset the people who gives me the most money."

When it comes to it, I'm pretty sure he'll (or whoever is producer) cut PS4 support as well, perhaps 4-5 years from now when it shows it's age running FFXIV.
    I just wish cutting consoles means the game will actually evolve and do something..different or more, but depending on how the typical review goes (fiscal year ending) maybe they'll have some surprises in store for us.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

JP 7-11 Exclusive DLC caps
    Spoiler: show

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Many more caps from the livestream (I just don't have the time to upload them): http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/03/...uture-updates/

I was a PS2 user on FFXI and am a 3 user on XIV, and one thing I never understood about all this limited by my platform stuff can be wrapped up here:

Fine, I know my system, which I chose, and understand is limited, can't do this stuff. So why not just release it for the systems that can, and let those better systems do it, and I'll manage with what I have? Will it get me shunned as gimp? Perhaps, but if I can deal so what? Perhaps it might even motivate me to upgrade platform so I get to enjoy more features. If I choose to play on the less able system, then I shouldn't expect to have all the whistles and bells. And if I'm playing there because it's all I can afford, then I'm just thankful I have a way to be part of the game period.

I'd rather be shunned as gimp then loathed because I 'hold everyone back'.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Myriads View Post
    I was a PS2 user on FFXI and am a 3 user on XIV, and one thing I never understood about all this limited by my platform stuff can be wrapped up here:

Fine, I know my system, which I chose, and understand is limited, can't do this stuff. So why not just release it for the systems that can, and let those better systems do it, and I'll manage with what I have? Will it get me shunned as gimp? Perhaps, but if I can deal so what? Perhaps it might even motivate me to upgrade platform so I get to enjoy more features. If I choose to play on the less able system, then I shouldn't expect to have all the whistles and bells. And if I'm playing there because it's all I can afford, then I'm just thankful I have a way to be part of the game period.

I'd rather be shunned as gimp then loathed because I 'hold everyone back'.
    This was always my inner response to the '___ limitations' cop out since FFXI.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I don't know whether to be satisfied or enraged by that Parry answer.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The FF11 nostalgia in me wants parry to be decent like it was back then.....

The FF14 in me just awaits disappointment.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I bet you the limitations are more because of the design of the game's systems than anything. I'm seeing a lot of 'We'd have to rework the entire system to expand it' answers.

They're not gonna drop PS3 support.

If they do I will resub for a month and make a positive comment in the random praise thread.

Spoiler: show
    I mean, I won't really, but I'd be very surprised.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Yeah they wont drop it like they wouldn't ever drop PS2/360 support in XI.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I bet you the limitations are more because of the design of the game's systems than anything. I'm seeing a lot of 'We'd have to rework the entire system to expand it' answers.
    I mean, ARR was thrown together. Literally. I wouldn't be surprised if there's actual duct tape code holding systems together lol. Not even trying to be negative, but if your systems run terribly internally it's going to be terrible on any platform, even more so on console architecture. That's why I hate how people seem to think console drop = better game. Hell, that double bar for controller could be good but something about it seems...like it's going to be prone to failure.

So maybe once we see it in a more finalized state it would look smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Yeah they wont drop it like they wouldn't ever drop PS2/360 support in XI.
    I honestly can't tell if that's sarcasm.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Was anything mentioned regarding MCH nerfs?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    Was anything mentioned regarding MCH nerfs?
    Nothing specific aside "we're going to make adjustments"...so about the usual.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Changes for DRK and MCH are supposed to be only for PVP, something about MCH having a swifty 1 shot macro or something letting them pound people for 10k. I haven't done PVP enough to see it myself or know the validity of that stuff.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Changes for DRK and MCH are supposed to be only for PVP, something about MCH having a swifty 1 shot macro or something letting them pound people for 10k. I haven't done PVP enough to see it myself or know the validity of that stuff.
    Yeah ontop of usual burst, a boosted (person is stunned, bound, silenced etc.) Between the Eyes can and will peg you for over 10k+, it exists and is partly why people fear good MCH.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I really hope the MCH nerfs aren't just for PVP.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They are.

And why would MCH need to be nerfed for PvE?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    They are.

And why would MCH need to be nerfed for PvE?
    Someone will probably complain when they see a good MCH in action, cry about "but x job isn't as good as mch!" kinda like when people complained about Flare and Holy and it got hit with that potency nerf a little while back. (Still good but it's not as amazing as it used to be on large pulls.)

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

"MCH was in world first, not BRD, clearly MCH is too strong for the game and is overshadowing everything that a BRD can do and more, please nerf MCH or buff BRD to be as good of an option for raiding, it's unfair that I cannot join raid groups as a BRD because people look to world first videos and say 'that is how it needs to be done!' and then neglect all other classes from the game, we should be banning people for clearing content with certain classes that I don't have leveled because it's unfair and it makes it harder on people like myself to get into raid groups. Can we please have the video banned from youtube as well so people cannot look at the classes used to clear the content? I think it's unfair."

probably will be coming to a OF post near you.