1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 9 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 0 hours, 15 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I forgot this was happening. I don't know how to interpret that.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

YoshiP apologising about add ons... They're going to add them but mostly graphical adjustments. Expect them in 4.0. I'd wait for the offical Q&A answer for this one.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So now, instead of addons coming, they say IF they come at all, they'll be UI skins, nothing functional. So, not addons at all. k.

Glad we've waited 2 years for that.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

"We will be looking to add them in 2.1"
    "They will be delayed until 2.4"
    "They will be delayed until 3.1"
    "It's no longer happening, if it does it might happen in 4.0, enjoy your slight graphicly changed minimap."

Way to blue balls your audiance and giving in to the casuals that cried so hard about having their DPS metered and can't handle being called out on it. I guess we get to use the "But I totally beat (generic_raid_sky.stone.sea.dummy) so that means I'm good at my job!" bullshit.

When is XIV Windower going to happen?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So basically after a year of silence they just re-affirmed any add-on support we get will be as limited and useless as the first time they mentioned UI reskinning with it.

Good thing for ACT plugins I guess?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Japan only... of course. In-game rewards for buying certain soft drinks at 7/11

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Q: Could you tell us what you can about the progress of add-ons?

A: I apologize that this is taking a while.

Since there have been a lot of discussions about DPS meters, we have been putting it aside.

We had been working on add-ons originally with the goal of implementing it half a year after the launch of A Realm Reborn; however, we were looking at features that would not create any inequalities between PC and PlayStation users and one of the reasons why we are behind on this is due to the lack of room to do certain things on the PlayStation, which was more than we had envisioned. Because of this, we have been prioritizing the implementation of other expanded features.
    That's the official word

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

The addon response is outright depressing.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I do hope you guys haven't been seriously waiting for add-ons... lol. Lets just be happy at the fact that they take a far more lenient approach to 3rd party applications/add-ons than the predecessor team that worked on FFXI. With that said, you dudes are probably better off waiting for something cool to come from the 3rd Party pipeline than something official. Aim low.

Since Yoshi-P basically said it's aesthetic, you can expect the add-on to be something like old skool Final Fantasy HUD overlays from various older games. Or something like that.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post

Japan only... of course. In-game rewards for buying certain soft drinks at 7/11
    Its stated that the 711 shit is coming to other regions as well

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    I do hope you guys haven't been seriously waiting for add-ons... lol. Lets just be happy at the fact that they take a far more lenient approach to 3rd party applications/add-ons than the predecessor team that worked on FFXI. With that said, you dudes are probably better off waiting for something cool to come from the 3rd Party pipeline than something official. Aim low.

Since Yoshi-P basically said it's aesthetic, you can expect the add-on to be something like old skool Final Fantasy HUD overlays from various older games. Or something like that.
    Yep people seriously were waiting for it.

Meanwhile, I was waiting to see how soon SE/Yoshi would pull the "PS(x) Limitations" card in place of "eh we just don't wanna do it" only for them to do it later once they start losing money. I mean, the fact they referenced DPS meter feedback seriously seems like they changed their mind because of the people afraid to get called out on their bad performance.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    The addon response is outright depressing.
    More like expected.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i'm a-ok with no add ons if means shit like dbm never rears it's ugly head in FF14. besides rainbow mage is love that's all I need.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Meanwhile, I was waiting to see how soon SE/Yoshi would pull the "PS(x) Limitations" card
    PS4 can't appropriate render Ashley Riot's ass, so no Vagrant Story gear for you.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    i'm a-ok with no add ons if means shit like dbm never rears it's ugly head in FF14. besides rainbow mage is love that's all I need.
    There are plenty of things that are already filling in for the lack of DBM, just it's not for every single encounter in the game. This started all the way back at first coil.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

PS3 limitations... PS4 limitations. Huh. Something about those consoles, eh?

Its almost like a perpetually-upgrading game shouldn't be on a system that doesn't have a perpetually-upgrading memory device.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

How long was it into FFXI's development did we run into PS2 limitations lol

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    How long was it into FFXI's development did we run into PS2 limitations lol
    As soon as it was released. It was created for the PS2 and ported to the PC -- the flaws were inherent. Didn't actually start seeing memory allocation problems til about Chains of Promathia.

I wrote about FFXIV on PS3 a long time ago, but I was on the money in thinking that Yoshi-P never really wanted it on PS3 in the first place... he just used it as an initial offering to get many many more subs int the game. As soon as PS4 was released (the actual console he wanted to start with), he almost immediately stopped talking about PS3 and offered people a free transfer to PS4 for a long time. He's gonna cut that support before long. Probably before 4.X. When it comes to it, I'm pretty sure he'll (or whoever is producer) cut PS4 support as well, perhaps 4-5 years from now when it shows it's age running FFXIV.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't even remember... after we got windower, people kinda stopped caring about that.