+ Reply to Thread
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Issues hooking up ps4 controller to pc

Was wondering if anyone has had to troubleshoot this problem:

I play ffxiv using a ps4 controller. I have been plugging it into the pc and using the ds4tool program to make it work. However, it seems like this just quickly weakens the plug ends and eventually they become loose. It's never fun having yourself get disconnected from controls during like Titan Ex and stuff.

My husband used to use a usb stick with a ps3 controller on his old computer. We are trying that now with a ps4 controller and it's not working. What happens is he pairs it, and it connects, but then it doesn't work, and then disconnects from the ds4tool. He's tried it on both his computer and mine. We can't seem to find much on the interwebs to help.

Any thoughts?

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

The below link is my go to guide and has worked every time for me. Maybe it will help.

https://hardforum.com/threads/playst...eless.1790596/

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    The below link is my go to guide and has worked every time for me. Maybe it will help.

https://hardforum.com/threads/playst...eless.1790596/
    Tried and didn't work. Hubby things the usb isn't compatible with it, so he's going to return it and get a different brand. Seeming to have a nightmare trying to find a better option. ps3 controllers crash my computer when wireless, so that doesn't work. USB wired controllers (ps style) all seem to have meh reviews. /sigh

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've had some decent luck connecting my PS3 controller wired, I'd just suggest making sure you have decently priced but good quality usb cables (since they last longer). I don't have a bluetooth dongle so I haven't tried that.

I'm using a Sony brand usb cable on mine, and it's lasted quite a while. (braided outside) Just never pick it up by the cable, or there's a good chance it'll unplug. And if you got cats/things that chew cables, it's better to have one that's reasonably priced just in case it gets chewed up/cable starts coming loose as a goose/not working anymore. But been happy with mine. ^^

Also, you might try using this instead: SCP Server Reloaded. It's the most updated wrapper/driver at the moment for Dual Shock 3's/Dual Shock 4's.

I'm using a longer mini-usb cable that originally came with my Blackberry some 6+ years ago. Using these drivers and stuff (which I keep bookmarked and stored): http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInpu...DS2-Controller

I also have This Bluetooth dongle, that I love very much: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833340012

If you're having connectivity issues, it could also be the board giving out, can't it? Dunno, I would think for anything other than charging, switching to Bluetooth would be the cheapest option.