Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Oh shit whaddup it's Ultros

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

Got free tickets to see a showing for this at 42nd street in about 3 hours. Le hyped

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Went to see the movie down in Seattle. It was great visually. Plenty of action and great combat scenes. Well choreographed and amazing visuals. The battles were better than what little was shown in the trailers. A few suprise guests people will recognize when they see the movie as well. King Regus is pretty bad ass as well. Has a few parts where he really kicks ass.

Now as for the plot. I can say it starts out pretty good. Gives you a nice history lesson on everything that happens before the movie and why they are fighting each other. The plot however loses itself as it goes on. There really isn't an ending to the film so much as it just kinda stops. It literally leaves you hanging at the end. Granted I think this was done to be a marketing ploy to get you to buy the game when it comes out, but does seem to be a dick move on Square's part.

I do believe it's worth seeing at least once to get a feel for the history going into FF15 if you plan on playing it. If anything it's a great action movie with amazing visuals. The lip sync with the English audio always annoys me in high res cg movies like this since everything is animated with Japanese dialogue. Just takes you out of the movie sometimes.

More about plot and special guests in the spoiler.

Spoiler: show
    So I gotta say the opening battle and ending battle were amazing battle scenes. Guest appearances by Diamond Weapon and as I will call them Knights of the Round, blew me away. At first I thought Diamond was Chaos since he was wreathed in fire and smoke at first and referred to as a demon. Had the same look and weapons as Diamond from FF7. Apparently they are mass produced and/or summoned because in the final fight there were multiple weapons being used. Few other FF creatures like Behemoth and Cerberus were around as well.

As everyone knows any charachter that Sean Bean is attached to is inadvertently killed at some point in their life. The same holds true here as well. He has a few bad ass moments like when he is talking to the Emperor of Nifleheim and when he summons his swords during the meeting. However we are met with an older version of the king and not as awesome as his potential could be. Too bad Noctis wasn't in the movie at all except a brief glimpse of him in a wheel chair when he was younger. Princess didn't really do anything remotely useful in the movie at all I think. Used as a plot device mostly. Makes you look forward to what's in the game though.

As for the ending... it leaves alot to be desired. It leaves off right at the end of the final battle. The princess walking off saying she couldn't hide being with a well known hero "some random kingsglaive" and leaves with the people of the city. Nyx is half burned and turning to Ash from using his power and with him sitting looking at the sunrise. After an all out fight and then 2 minutes of talking the movie just ends. Super weak ending and leaves you feeling a super "WTF, is that it?"

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Think the reason most aren't going to see it is the fact that this movie has the most limited release i've seen of any film to date, in my area, i'd have to travel 8 hrs one way to Orlando just to go see it. -_-. All other theatres i've seen across the country has been 1-2 per state with Texas getting a whooping 8+ theatres showing it.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Think the reason most aren't going to see it is the fact that this movie has the most limited release i've seen of any film to date, in my area, i'd have to travel 8 hrs one way to Orlando just to go see it. -_-. All other theatres i've seen across the country has been 1-2 per state with Texas getting a whooping 8+ theatres showing it.
    Agreed. Some one throw up a reminder about this when we can "acquire" it by other means.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Might also have something to do with the utter shit reviews it's getting too. That would only compound a release that limited.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Maybe makes sense for this to be a DVD/Digital release right before or around the same time the game comes out so its not so much of a cliffhanger effect and moreso a, "now I gotta play the game to find out what's next" kinda thing?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Digital release is 8/30 and physical is 10/4.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Just watched it. The story falls a bit and some characters were questionable, but there was so much action and visual eye candy that you'd throw it aside purely for the entertainment factor. There were a few scenes that could've used a bit of clarity and a lot less noise and debris, but otherwise, there were so many over the top moments that were worth the watch. I thoroughly enjoyed it much more than Advent Children.

My major gripe is that Beats by Dre can gtfo.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Agreed. Some one throw up a reminder about this when we can "acquire" it by other means.
    Done. Watched via other means. Usual SE eye candy. I enjoyed it for what it is, a prequel of sorts I suppose for the game itself.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I actually enjoyed it. I went into this whole FFXV deal extremely skeptical, but so far the anime series has been excellent and this movie definitely delivered in my opinion. Basically has me cautiously excited for the main game, at least on the story front (which let's be honest, has sucked in all mainstream FF since 10).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    There's already a good quality version floating around.

The only problem with the story is that it's obviously meant to setup the game so it can't really stand alone. Otherwise it wasn't bad, the worst part of it being some character motivations and character arcs that could've used a bit more padding and setup.

Spoiler: show
    Resistance? Please. At least if they had shown the Empire backing it would've made more sense (because it was obvious anyway) and in general was handled poorly. The squad leader being a traitor was better but again, they could've shown the fat guy figuring it out and having a proper turn around. Same with the girl that died, a bit more there would've filled in a lot.

Action was good, graphics obviously amazing, voice acting for the main cast was good (but some of those sub characters lol) so yeah, overall I enjoyed it. The stuff the movie needed to be a complete movie couldn't happen without game spoilers, like why does anyone give a shit about Lunafreya, what are Lucis and what is Noctus supposed to do? etc, all the interesting stuff the movie teases but can't do shit about.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

anyone have a video to all the Easter eggs in the movie?

As a standalone movie, the story does fall a bit. But I've see much worse movies and considering this is a setup for the game. I enjoyed it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It looked cool, story was decent. Great action scenes.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Just watched and truly enjoyed it. Action and graphics were great. Voice acting was done very well (Made the voice actors from the game after the credits look like shit). Overall it truly raised my hype for the game.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Movie was great, definitely worth watching. Can't wait for the game now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just watched it. The visuals are out of this world. I found it funny all the running around Luna was doing in that dress and heels. Hated Libertus' voice. Some of them people Nyx fought I didn't even remember seeing. All in all it was a great movie and gets you hype to play the game.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

thought it was pretty bad ass. movement animations of the girls looked pretty stiff tho.
    bad guy general was too bad ass, why didn't just kill the king long ago?
    i liked crow better than luna, meh.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

a guy walked up while i was watching this at work, took him 5 minutes to realize it was animated.