+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Thanks.

BTW, who's the event character and is it worth it to go for it? I really wasn't going to play until the English patch, and just do the 10 free rolls until they are over, and then pick an account to go with.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Not sure about this one. The last events' SR was pretty decent, but this one doesn't seem too spectacular. I wouldn't bother unless you're a completionist. With the amount of SRs and SSRs from the 10x rolls, you're likely to have something better when all is said and done.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I got a char with a fishing rod today >.>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I got a char with a fishing rod today >.>
    Same. Along with a super useless SSR

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just hosted my first Magna (Yggdrasil) and got the SR sword. Pretty happy about that for my non-Dark Fencer jobs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Some freebies, the legend tickets are especially good to use before the current legend fest ends:

http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thr...ial-gifts-town

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Woo! Got Metera and some SR Fire girl. Can actually make a fire squad now.

edit: And wow holy shit just got a SSR katana from Colossus Magna from like 9th place contribution.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

What's your team? I can barely scratch Magnas before they kill me with Ougi. And how can you tell your contribution ranking? I only see the host, and MVPs 1 and 2.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    What's your team? I can barely scratch Magnas before they kill me with Ougi. And how can you tell your contribution ranking? I only see the host, and MVPs 1 and 2.
    Magnas wreck me almost instantly as well. I just show up, toss up debuffs on first turn, summon, then attack. After that I usually do 1-2 attack rounds until they wreck my main party and I just ride it out til other people clear it.

If you scroll down below the use item green bar and above the call for help button there is your character picture with a # in upper left corner. That is your ranking in the fight.

I can currently solo the normal level bosses (lv30) if I have a full element team to counter them, can do ~20-100% depending for the Hard version (I can tackle Colossus well cuz my water team is decent, the rest are hit or miss). Then magna wreck me, but can still always get items.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Someone made a pretty good resource for SSR & SR characters:

http://xiei.moe/games/granblue-fanta...ctertierlists/

It pieces together the best parts of other lists and explanations in a much easier to parse format. Going to look over my accounts, using this, from now on.

BTW, where are the other towns? I haven't actually started playing, so I suppose they are later in the story?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Someone made a pretty good resource for SSR & SR characters:

http://xiei.moe/games/granblue-fanta...ctertierlists/

It pieces together the best parts of other lists and explanations in a much easier to parse format. Going to look over my accounts, using this, from now on.

BTW, where are the other towns? I haven't actually started playing, so I suppose they are later in the story?
    Gotta go to island that you would do the quest on, then go to My Page, and hit the town button on the right. Gotta airship between islands then repeat.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Awww... I have Carmelina.. She fills out my roster with SSRs

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rysan Wulfric
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The game pretty much told me I am going to be using blue for a while. I got four SSRs, three of which were blue SSRs: Lancelot, Silva and Charlotta. The fourth SSR I got was a dark element, Lady Grey. However, it kinda sucks right now because I am stuck about 3/4 the way through the earth island, which wrecks all my blues. My shitty green team of 2 SRs and rest Rs is struggling to get through a story mission because of how low their damage is. I think I am going to have to go farm items to break their level cap before I go any further.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Rysa View Post
    The game pretty much told me I am going to be using blue for a while. I got four SSRs, three of which were blue SSRs: Lancelot, Silva and Charlotta. The fourth SSR I got was a dark element, Lady Grey. However, it kinda sucks right now because I am stuck about 3/4 the way through the earth island, which wrecks all my blues. My shitty green team of 2 SRs and rest Rs is struggling to get through a story mission because of how low their damage is. I think I am going to have to go farm items to break their level cap before I go any further.
    Make sure your main weapon is green and your main summon is green to help you through. Leveling up your weapons will also help. Limit breaking the characters only helps so much cuz the exp they need to level up gets pretty big pretty fast, so the best thing you can do is figure out what your green SR chars are good at (are they buffers, debuffers, attackers, damage ability users, etc) and then pick a main job for yourself to support them. Like if you have green chars who do big ability damage and self buff and stuff every 6-7 turns, you want to maximize that, so enhancer's ability damage up for the party move will help that. If you're stuck with all buffers/healers/debuffers you wanna switch to like WAR or THF (for huge damage when enemy is in BREAK) and use your buffs to set up for the big damage attack.

Should also check up on the abilities your SSRs have and weigh how good they are. I use Cerberus (dark) in my green party instead of R because she has 2 3-hit abilities, self heal, debuff that helps other debuffs land easier, and blind/dot/charm debuff and she is 100% worth not having one slot of extra weakness.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...li=1&sle=true#

I'd consider Charlotte over a R green char to save yourself from being bursted when enemy is in overdrive. Or Lady Grey for DEF-25% on enemy

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rysan Wulfric
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Make sure your main weapon is green and your main summon is green to help you through. Leveling up your weapons will also help. Limit breaking the characters only helps so much cuz the exp they need to level up gets pretty big pretty fast, so the best thing you can do is figure out what your green SR chars are good at (are they buffers, debuffers, attackers, damage ability users, etc) and then pick a main job for yourself to support them. Like if you have green chars who do big ability damage and self buff and stuff every 6-7 turns, you want to maximize that, so enhancer's ability damage up for the party move will help that. If you're stuck with all buffers/healers/debuffers you wanna switch to like WAR or THF (for huge damage when enemy is in BREAK) and use your buffs to set up for the big damage attack.

Should also check up on the abilities your SSRs have and weigh how good they are. I use Cerberus (dark) in my green party instead of R because she has 2 3-hit abilities, self heal, debuff that helps other debuffs land easier, and blind/dot/charm debuff and she is 100% worth not having one slot of extra weakness.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...li=1&sle=true#

I'd consider Charlotte over a R green char to save yourself from being bursted when enemy is in overdrive. Or Lady Grey for DEF-25% on enemy
    I actually figured out that leveling weapons and summons besides the ones you are using is a good thing since they contribute to your party's overall damage and HP, so I used about 300 weapons I had saved up to level my best extra weapons and I was able to clear the level I was struggling with relatively easily. I unlocked Dark Fencer and have been using it, and it seems to help quite a bit since debuffs are really powerful. I rolled a SSR dark summon that can blind, and that thing has saved me a lot in some of the harder boss fights. I also switched in Lady Gray for one of the R units, and she was really helpful as well.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Thought we had another day of rolls.. Guess I'm back to waiting till the 11th.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

my accounts:

Spoiler: show

phone - Nezahualpilli, Sochie, Petra
    1 - Heles
    2 - Charlotta, Yodaraha, Nezahualpilli
    3 - Zeta, Vaseraga
    4 - Sochie, Catalina, Cerberus
    5 - Altair, Cagliostro, De La Fille
    6 - Lady Grey, Percival
    7 - nothing
    8 - Ghandagoza
    9 - Siegfried
    10 - Vampy, Yuel, Sochie, Percival, Claris

probably gonna have to go with #10.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Damn, that account is stacked. Absolutely top tier fire SSRs.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So, I don't think I did too well on these:

1. Altair & Yoda
      1. Sutera (Fire)
      2. Lemretta
      3. Mary
      4. Sortz

1. Yuel, Feena, Heles
      1. Yaia
      2. Vira
      3. Mariah
      4. Danua
      5. Galadar
        1. Titan SSR Summon

1. Jean d Arc, Metera, & Petra
      1. Lucious
      2. Farrah
      3. Ulamnuran
      4. Vane
      5. Hazen
      6. Danua
      7. Gayne
        1. Makyura Marius SSR Summon
        2. Kaguya SSR Summon

1. Lennah, Charlotta, Io
      1. Lemretta
      2. Ange
      3. Dorothy
      4. Elmott
      5. Yai
      6. Telusa
      7. Ulamnuran

I just didn't get much synergy in characters and/or summons, so I don't really know which to go with. Jean account has an extra SSR weapon, which looks like Jean's, but didn't pop up as her character, so I don't know what exactly it is.

If I had to summarize, then Yoda for leveling, but falls off end game. Yuel for the most synergy, and Jean for the most power, but again, not sure what that really translate to as a go-to account.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    So, I don't think I did too well on these:

1. Altair & Yoda
      1. Sutera (Fire)
      2. Lemretta
      3. Mary
      4. Sortz

1. Yuel, Feena, Heles
      1. Yaia
      2. Vira
      3. Mariah
      4. Danua
      5. Galadar
        1. Titan SSR Summon

1. Jean d Arc, Metera, & Petra
      1. Lucious
      2. Farrah
      3. Ulamnuran
      4. Vane
      5. Hazen
      6. Danua
      7. Gayne
        1. Makyura Marius SSR Summon
        2. Kaguya SSR Summon

1. Lennah, Charlotta, Io
      1. Lemretta
      2. Ange
      3. Dorothy
      4. Elmott
      5. Yai
      6. Telusa
      7. Ulamnuran

I just didn't get much synergy in characters and/or summons, so I don't really know which to go with. Jean account has an extra SSR weapon, which looks like Jean's, but didn't pop up as her character, so I don't know what exactly it is.

If I had to summarize, then Yoda for leveling, but falls off end game. Yuel for the most synergy, and Jean for the most power, but again, not sure what that really translate to as a go-to account.
    I think you'll be fine no matter what. I have 4 SSR, Cerberus, Catherine, some light bitch who is awful, and Metera. No overlap in elements, only full element SR/SSR teams for water/fire/earth and can still solo some Hard version bosses and have had barely any difficulty so far (Rank 45 now).

Only fight I've had to retry more than once was a fight where boss was immune to debuffs, dark based, put up heavy damage counter shield, immune to knocking off stacks of bar, etc. Had to cobble something together with my shitty light SSR and shittier light SR and a blue SR and had to trade mats for Chevalier SR spear from item shop and switch from Dark Fencer back to Fortress, lol.

Even stuff after hasn't been anywhere near as bad, that fight just blew dick.

Anyway tl;dr as long as you can throw together 3/4 synergy with SRs you'll be fine. Get Magna weapons from hard mode / turning in mats at shop, level them up and set the magna weapon as your main weapon. Fill pool with weapons of same color + main summon same color -> roll face. I do suggest Dark Fencer as first class to rank 3 though. Slow + ATK/DEF down AoE are very helpful.

Edit: I also read exactly zero JP so it is definitely playable as is until the 11th, unless you super care about mobile game plotlines.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag